• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Bundles

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Funimation's Facebook Page wrote:
New bundle packs are now available on Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment [...] Act fast! These bundles are only available for two weeks after they go live.

Laugh Factory
  • Price: 57.99
    -School Rumble seasons 1-2 + OVA (SAVE Editions)
    -Pani Poni Dash! (SAVE Edition)
    -Kodocha seasons 1-2 (SAVE Editions)

Love and Angst
  • Price: 49.99
    -Rumbling Hearts (SAVE Edition)
    -Romeo x Juliet (SAVE Edition)
    -Peach Girl (SAVE Edition)
    -Speed Grapher (SAVE Edition)

Crazy Girls
  • Price: 53.99
    -FLCL (Anime Classics version)
    -Excel Saga (Anime Classics version)
    -Vandread (Anime Classics version)

Girls with Guns
  • Price: 66.99
    -Noir (Anime Classics version)
    -Gunslinger Girl (Anime Classics version)
    -Chrono Crusade

Slice N Dice
  • Price: 67.99
    -Samurai Champloo
    -Peacemaker
    -Claymore

Bounce House
    -Love Hina
    -Burst Angel
    -Witchblade

Mechamania
    -Aquarion
    -Str.A.In
    -Gad Guard
    -Jinki: Extend

CLAMP Collection
    -Tsubasa Seasons 1 and 2
    -xxxHolic
    -Clamp Double Feature

Back to Class
  • Price: $49.99
    -School Rumble Season 1 and OVA SAVE
    -Pani Poni Dash SAVE
    -Air TV SAVE
    -Kanon SAVE

Beautiful Boys
  • Price: $59.99
    -Ouran High School Host Club complete collection
    -The Wall Flower SAVE
    -Hetalia Season 1

Spirit Gun Blu-Ray Bundle
  • Price: $64.99
    -Yu Yu Hakusho Season 1 Classic BD
    -Yu Yu Hakusho Season 2 Classic BD
    -Yu Yu Hakusho Season 3 Classic BD
    -Yu Yu Hakusho Season 4 Classic BD

Shonen Standout
    -Dragon Ball Z 1.11 Blu-ray
    -One Piece Collection 1
    -Fairy Tale Part 1 DVD/BD Combo

Extra-Curricular Activity
  • Price: 35.99
    -Big Windup SAVE
    -Suzuka SAVE
    -Bamboo Blade SAVE

Last edited by The King of Harts on Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:16 am; edited 7 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I literally just saw WTK talking about this on TFP about 5 minutes ago before this topic popped up.

Nice deals. Nothing I'll be getting, though.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I like the GwG set, but I already have Chrono Crusade. Crazy Girls looks really good as well, though I'm not a big fan of Excel Saga.

I recommend the Laugh Factory to anyone that likes comedies since those are some of the better ones on the market - School Rumble especially.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Amano Ginji

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm. I like the idea. Bundles are cool. The only one I'd maybe get is Laugh Factory though. Crazy Girls would be on my list if I didn't already own Excel Saga....or have a Blu Ray player and been eying the FLCL blu ray set for a while now.

Still a nifty idea.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I would get one of the bundles....if I already did not have some of these shows in my collection.

I already have the CC singles from ADV's releases and have the GSG BD, and I would like to get Noir but if I have two of the three that I have no use for would be pointless.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I really love that Love and Angst bundle, if anything just for Romeo x Juliet and Peach Girl. I personally never seen Rumbling Hearts or Speed Grapher, but for that price, I think it'd be worth the blind-buy. Anime hyper
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quote
This is a very good idea by Right Stuf. I hope they do more bundles. I don't see anything that interest me. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Great idea, hope they do it again. Unfortunately, I already own at least 1 series in each bundle already. Sad
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:30 am Reply with quote
Does anybody know how long these deals will last? I really want to get Laugh Factory set but I need to wait till I get paid on Thursday since rent is due soon and I can't leave myself short on that. I don't see any "Quantity Left" or other thing at TRSI so I'm not sure how limited these sets are.

I was peaking over the VA's who nailed a role thread from awhile back and I saw Laura Bailey as Sana from Kodocha mentioned a few times. I tried to sample the series through legal and other means and couldn't find it anywhere. I'm glad to see I can blind buy the series for a decent price. I have sampled the first 4 eps of School Rumble so I know I'll definitely like that and I feel Laugh Factory is worth buying even if I don't know anything about the other 2 shows.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:10 am Reply with quote
They're bundles, so they'll last as long as the shows are in stock.

And I've been on record as saying that I believe Laura Bailey's performance as Sana is the best dub performance there is; even greater than Steve Blum's Spike, which I believe people default to out of habit nowadays (but it is still fantastic).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:37 am Reply with quote
Why in hell would anybody consider Steve Blum's Spike some kind of classic dub performance? It's nothing against Blum but the role of Spike didn't require much voice acting at all. The role called for very little range. Spike was one of those super-exciting Rolling Eyes "strong, silent" types who didn't say much and when he did say something it was usually in a quiet monotone.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:51 am Reply with quote
That's what I say!

I mean, it still requires talent to do characters like Spike because it can be too easy to make them too monotone (ex: Kira Vincent-Davis's Ruri from Nadesico), and Blum was amazing on all accounts, but it's not an overly impressive performance when you consider all things you said.

Sana Kurada on the other hand goes all over the emotional spectrum and even sings, and Laura Bailey NAILED every single one of them. I think I could make a very good argument if I said Laura Bailey was the greatest anime voice actor of all time. I almost said voice actor period, but then I remembered Tara Jayne, June Foray, Mel Blanc and several others, so she's not topping that list, though I still think she could be close (top 15) considering how much more difficult post-lay is to pre-lay.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:46 am Reply with quote
Heh-heh-heh. You said "post-lay" and "pre-lay". Heh-heh-heh. This Beavis & Butthead moment brought to you by Blood- Enterprises.

Yeah, not only is Laura Bailey extremely talented, but she's smokin' hot. This super-obvious observation brought to you by Blood- Enterprises.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:35 am Reply with quote
Dammit, Blood! This is why we can't have nice conversations.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:43 am Reply with quote
I don't know, Hart, I thought it was pretty nice myself. Laughing

Or entertaining, at least.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6