• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Binbougami ga! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

spoiler[Momiji's sudden transformation was just wow!
That bath Sakura gave her did wonders on her attitude and appearance.
Sakura was suspicious of Momiji's little story though.
Death Note analogy was really good!
Even Momou missed the real Momiji.
Sakura is a total tsundere girl LOL
The new, nice Momiji was really amazing.
Shame it didn't last longer......]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Got to say my favourite part was the spoiler[Death Note] scene, with Ichiko playing the part of spoiler[L], Momiji as spoiler[Light], and in once scene we had Bobby being spoiler[Misa]. Laughing (pic) It seemed to fit so well, I had to pause so I could soak it all in and understand what was being said.

It was kind of nice the way Momiji spoiler[was, with being so mature and considerate, but she still was not our Momiji, she did not have her spunk. A nice character is nice and for some reason feels refreshing, but I like laziness, plotting, false smiles, pretending to be cute etc. I guess one thing I liked about this series was Momiji seemed to go around the line of doing good and bad things], made her interesting. I did also like the part when Bobby tried to spoiler[make her show her true colours, but was too blinded by her purity], and that Ranmaru's idea was a typical spoiler[shounen style (well the kind that is not beating the crap out of someone.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12
Oh God, the latest episode of this series cracked me up especially spoiler[the Death Note parody. I missed L tbh] ;.; I think I hit the replay button like 10 times during that scene.

Momoji was definitely not her usual self this episode and I thought the drama and emotions mixed in (especially towards the end) was entertaining to watch. Next week's the finale and wow, this series might be one of my favorites now now that I think about it at this point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dalvyn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:16 am Reply with quote
Wow. Episode 12 was incredibly touching and hilarious at the same time. I don't know another comedy series that can actually use the comedy in such a way to make the series decently deep as well.

This will definitely be an under appreciated gem in the future. I can already tell.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:15 am Reply with quote
You know you are in the presence of a good series when you're sad that the next episode is the last. Although, truth be told, the story has been told. It's obvious that Tittyko and Momiji are friends. Story's over.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote
well, the current story arc is. there is still more to adapt and i hope we get a second season
kenshinflyer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:14 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
The song was awesome. Who else here kept repeating the song Smile

(raises right hand) It stuck on me for quite some time.

Yotai ni somieru / futatsu no itadaki---
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Just finished this series now and thought was pretty decent. The finale episode had some funny and entertaining fights as well as a brief emotional moment later on the bridges. It was predictable what happens next though but nonetheless amusing in that Binbougami ga! way.

Overall, it's a fun ride and surprisingly enjoyable imo.

It seems that the ending teaser of this episode signals a possible Season 2? Heh, it could be fake as far as a Season goes but I wouldn't mind if they make it. Either that or an OVA is fine because I'd check it out in a heartbeat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote
well after watching it all give whole kana hana as ichiko really OH MY so really now something to watch.

give all goes so give yea door open for s2 & if plan crossover with medaka (yea i saw those pics) oh my cue ham to ham combat for ichiko vs medaka.

overall yea worth it now see dub on it.
kaydub

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:33 am Reply with quote
A crossover with Medaka Box would... certainly be better than Medaka by itself.

I was kind of upset at the end of the spring season when it didn't seem like there was anything that appealed to me for the summer season, but I ended up picking this up on a whim halfway through and I'm super glad I did. Kinda wish there were a few more episodes, but I'd be more than okay with a second season or OVA to get my fix.

One of my favorites for the year!
Dalvyn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:29 am Reply with quote
Great series. I'm, very glad I didn't pass it up like I originally thought I would.

I am hoping for a season 2, but if not that is fine. I'll just have to start reading the manga. :)

Also, spoiler[ Is it just me are is there a lot of belligerent sexual tension between Momiji and Ichiko? Usually I don't even like yuri, but for those two, it would work. And it would leave that other guy for pink haired girl. Ranamou? I'm terrible with names... ]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:09 am Reply with quote
Awesome title! I ranked it Excellent because it's one of the funniest anime comedies I've seen in a while. So happy that Funi has it (yeah, I know they haven't announced a physical release for it yet, but I'm pretty confident that will happen) because they have a lot to work with here.

Loved the fact that spoiler[End Credit Ouja-sama finally got in an actual scene], however brief.

Bring on Season 2!
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 13

spoiler[It was nice seeing Sakura fight to save Momiji's new form.
That Bobby sure is a naive pervert ROFL
Sure was nice seeing Sakura & new Momiji bond.
Ranmaru vs Momou!
Now that was a pretty cool fight... until he turned perverted again *sigh*
Kitty vs Teddy! That was the shortest fight in history LOL
Sakura in a dilemma over Momiji, that was a new one.
Seems like she likes Momiji no matter what! ^^]

Really nice final episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
Very funny, I noticed that they used the endinging song for the opening in last ep, with thr second half of the opening song at the end with a video slideshow of the series. I just love laughing with this series, like Ranmaru spoiler[yelling at Momou to turn back cause she can't geat him up in his cute form, and then holding off his creepyness]. And the fact that Bobby spoiler[actually got hired, the part with him on the news] had me laughing quite a bit, still laughing while I think about it. Some skilled use of timing too, like Teddy spoiler[distracting the cat with a ball], pretty overused, but still seemed to work.

But those two are so transparent, the songs themselves point out how they actually care despite their hating on each other. Interesting that despite how naive Ranmaru is, she can see their friendship, and on that note spoiler[Ichiko admited that they are friends, at least to Suwano]. I don't really think that Momoji's other self is really a different, more of like feelings she has under the surface, the only fact being that a Binbougami is in escence a chaotic god, she can't be a goody twoshoes. Super unlikely theory: Momoji is lazy cause she does not actually want to give people misfortune, even having problems with giving Ichiko some.

Come on season 2.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I just got a chance to see this streaming from funi's site with the dub and I read through this thread. Much agreement here with all the fans who posted here.

If I had to pick out any one thing that was particularly attractive about this show it was the lead character's roguish independence -- her flat out refusal to "get with the program" even when she clearly understood what the program was and why it was something virtuous. And she also refuses to be intimidated (not for long anyway) by being pursued by a god-creature with all sorts of powers at her disposal.

Yeah she had to reveal a soft center sooner or later but it never takes her over. Bravo.

Us guys like us some bad girl. And not only Ichiko but we got Momiji running around with Colleen Clinkenbeard's sultry voice. Although that personal hygiene thing put me off a bit but its anime so so what.

So I'll add my vote for another season. Anyone want to opine about the quality of the dub relative to the original track?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5