• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z Xbox Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Glory Questor wrote:
IMHO, I just don't get why DBZ: Sagas is newsworth, where DBZ Budokai 3 for PS2 (generally ranked 8/10 by most reviewers and being hailed as "the best DBZ game" to date) isn't even mentioned.

What are you talking about? Budokai has had its fair share of news entries, a quick search is all it takes to know that.

On the topic of Budokai 3 music
Budokai 3 fan event
Budokai 3 screen shots
Budokai 3 first announced

Hell, that's four right there just for B3, I found 7 other news reports on the other Budokai games.

Emerje

Thanks, Emerje.

Actually, with all of the video games out there based on popular animes (InuYasha, DBZ, Gundam), I wonder if the ANN staff would consider adding these games to the "Not Anime But Related" section if I submitted an add request for them.
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:02 pm Reply with quote
just what we gamers need...another crummy DBZ game, is it me or could it be that Bandai is pimping the hell outta the franchise? Meh, it doesn't matter, i'm busy playing Otogi 2:Immortal Warriors and looking forward to prince of persia:Warrior within both for the XBox and better than any bandai produced game.

But then again it's another Japanese produced game for the 'box, which said console is less than favorable within Japan.
regardless of it's superior graphics,5.1 in game digital sound and built in HD. I doubt if the venerable DBZ will increase Xbox sales in Japan,hey if Panzer Dragon,Ninja Gaiden and DOA ultimate couldn't do it.... Confused
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:57 am Reply with quote
Two things, Soultaker. This is an Atari game, not Bandai, and it's being developed initially for the US market, not the Japanese.

Bandai has very little to do with the Dragonball franchise in the US, they don't even import their own merchandise or video games. Any Bandai merchandise is made domestic by Jakks Pacific and the video games are brought over by Atari.

The game probably will come to Japan, but not soon judging by the development. It's not even due in the US until March and these Atari made DBZ games usually take 3 or so months to make it over to Japan.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
T0FFe3m@n

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Either way, it's nice to see a DBZ game be made for the XBox as well as just the PS2 and the GBA...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2