• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2009 - Funimation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailorspazz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:21 pm Reply with quote
In addition to releasing a version with an improved, uncropped picture, these new Dragon Boxes will also each include an 80 page hard cover book (though I don't think it's been stated exactly what information these books will contain). This release is intended for the hard-core fans, many of whom will probably selling off their wide-screen sets to more casual fans in the coming months in order to buy the series again, for possibly the third or fourth time (I know I will Razz )
Redd the Sock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote
sailorspazz wrote:
In addition to releasing a version with an improved, uncropped picture, these new Dragon Boxes will also each include an 80 page hard cover book (though I don't think it's been stated exactly what information these books will contain). This release is intended for the hard-core fans, many of whom will probably selling off their wide-screen sets to more casual fans in the coming months in order to buy the series again, for possibly the third or fourth time (I know I will Razz )

Ah, now that makes more sense.

Though i got $20 that says once that run is done they'll announce blu-ray sets.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote
I bought the first set of the DBZ collections and haven't picked up any more. I doubt I will do the Dragon boxes either as I am getting to the point of wanting stuff in Blu-ray, and knowing Funi when it comes to DBZ...Rolling Eyes I actually think I would like to get Kai on Blu-ray, which I have preferred so far, what with its much less filler. Also, I am hoping it will have much better audio than the awful mono sound from the original - although even in stereo Goku's Japanese voice is quite an adjustment for someone like me who had only seen this on Cartoon Network before!

I wonder if Funi will continue their dub practice with the Case Closed movies. I for one would love to have a more authentic dub with the original character names. We'll see. I would love to see Toradora get picked up and dubbed as well, and I REALLY would like to see both ef series come over, with or without a dub!
Ryoko77san

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote
What? No David Moo? Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2