• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Kids CEO Honored

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:57 pm Reply with quote
hkrok76 wrote:
i came to this conclusion from cardcaptors(a mystic adventure) which was a horrible excuse for a reedit. the reedit wasn't even fun to watch.

So you no doubt bought the legitimate, subtitled, intact version of Cardcaptor Sakura, rather than using the Nelvana kiddy TV version as an excuse to download fansubs, right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Toboe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:06 pm Reply with quote
MiwaSatoshi wrote:
What people need to realize is that Al Kahn is not being praised for the authenticity of the work he is licensing.

He is being praised for the fact that 4Kids licenses have earn billions of dollars for the industry, and furthermore, have been indirectly or directly responsible for the expansion of anime distribution in the United States and Canada. Licensing and distribution require capital, and it is fairly safe to say that a lot of the titles you all watch were licensed with money made directly or indirectly off the monster-show phenomenon.

What will the average anime fan care about Al Kahn's "recognition"? Probably not a whit.

So settle down, cool the drama, and move on. If you dislike 4Kids, don't buy 4Kids product. It's that simple.

Read the thread dude. This has been said and re-said several times by now.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Izlude wrote:
Meh, I'd rather see Funimation score that award.

Well, its not a company award, its an individual award. Gen Fukunaga has only been involved in the licensing industry since 1994, so he won't be qualified for the award for another 9 years.

Fukunaga worked in the high-tech industry prior to founding FUNimation.

I'd have to say that, IMHO, Fukunaga does qualify if he continues leading FUNimation the way he has for another 9 years. But that remains to be seen...

-t
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:26 pm Reply with quote
We can hope, can't we?
MiwaSatoshi
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:31 am Reply with quote
Toboe wrote:
MiwaSatoshi wrote:
What people need to realize is that Al Kahn is not being praised for the authenticity of the work he is licensing.

He is being praised for the fact that 4Kids licenses have earn billions of dollars for the industry, and furthermore, have been indirectly or directly responsible for the expansion of anime distribution in the United States and Canada. Licensing and distribution require capital, and it is fairly safe to say that a lot of the titles you all watch were licensed with money made directly or indirectly off the monster-show phenomenon.

What will the average anime fan care about Al Kahn's "recognition"? Probably not a whit.

So settle down, cool the drama, and move on. If you dislike 4Kids, don't buy 4Kids product. It's that simple.

Read the thread dude. This has been said and re-said several times by now.

Well, apparently people aren't listening. Maybe *now* some of these people will realize this horse is very, very dead. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4