• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex's Pricing Point: Can it be justified?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:33 am Reply with quote
zrdb wrote:
You can write a multi page synopsis on aniplex's pricing but it all comes down to 2 words-bullshit. Are you willing to pay their prices or not? If no then simply don't but any of their releases, if so then do and stop complaining.

This thread exists for the entire point of allowing people who want to debate this issue in-depth to do so without cluttering up other threads. If you don't care to be a part of that, then don't follow or post in this thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Then take it up with the government - they're the ones legislating the monopoly. You certainly don't see people who don't like it when Sentai gets a title complain nearly as loudly.

No, I'm not going to take it "up with the government." That's stupid. What I'm going to do is come to ANN and explain why I don't like their pricing policy. And of course people don't complain as loudly when Sentai gets a title - they aren't price-gouging tools. You are the master of the obvious observation.

Quote:
So you're deliberately mislabeling things in order to make your complaints look more justified? You might want to pick your analogies better.

First, congrats on recognizing that we use the price-gouging term as an analogy as opposed to a strict legal definition. *clap* *clap* *clap*. It is a perfectly apt analogy. In fact, I'd say it's a more apt analogy than calling an 11-year-old girl who illegally downloads a Michael Jackson song, "a pirate." Whoops, but of course you are a pro-AoAer, so naturally that means you can never acknowledge that the other side may - just may - have a point.

Quote:
Proclaiming a thing does not make it so. You even state it yourself: you felt that the money you would've saved choosing a cheaper edition, or forgoing the product completely, was worth less than owning the LE. Yes, your revealed preference is completely contradicted by your stated preference(and perhaps even your true ex post facto evaluation), but nobody makes a trade without anticipating being better off. This is simple economic fact; there's no room for negotiation.

When it comes to an opinion, actually proclaiming a thing does make it so. You said that if someone buys an AoA product they "clearly feel" what they bought is worth the price. Your use of the word "feel" indicates that an emotional response is involved. You are in no position to make a comment on my emotional response. What I "felt" when I bought PMMM wasn't, "ahhhh, I'm getting good value for my money here." What I felt was, "I'm glad I own these editions of this show but I FEEL the price I paid was too high." If you want to take the ridiculous reductive approach of, "well buying a product is de facto evidence that you FEEL you are getting value for that price" then you'll have to use a different word than FEEL. Should be an obvious point, I would have thought.

Quote:
Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence. For all you know it's simply a matter of not wanting to alienate their customers(AoA didn't have any to worry about) or simple conservatism. That Funimation's playing with higher-end sets suggests they're paying attention, so we may see other distributors try it out as streaming wears down the disc market.

I'll grant you that my explanations for why I believe AoA prices the way they price are not "facts." What I will say is that the points I raise at least have a logic to them. A logic that is missing from, "well, prices for anime in R1 dropped, yet the market didn't grow, so therefore it naturally follows that AoA has no other choice put to pursue a high price / low volume strategy. It naturally follows that will ensure the most profits for them." Uh, no, it doesn't. What determines their profits is keeping as low an overhead as possible. Ergo the five person team. It is the size of their operation, and their status as a wholly owned subsidiary of Aniplex that makes their model (potentially) viable, not the fact that lower prices haven't increased the size of the market it overall. If you think that AoA could pursue its current model in NA if it was a fully independent company like Funi or Sentai - well, all I can say is we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

And Funi isn't even coming close to flirting with the "high end" market. It's "Limited Edition" sets are a whopping $4 more expensive than their regular sets. NISA's Premium Editions are 200% - register that, 200% - cheaper than what AoA is asking for its Bake LE. AoA is the ONLY R1 distrib doing this and the reason they are the only one isn't that they are in possession of knowledge about the R1 market that all other distribs don't have - it's because the nature of their set-up.

Quote:
Yes, there are those who take the time to think out their position, but there have also been those who'd rage even if the discs were made with solid gold just because of the price tag.

Fair enough. I don't disagree with that.

Quote:
You say I misrepresent you and then you... turn around and misrepresent me? Nobody said you should be grateful for the higher pricetag, but you've got nothing to base your claim of overcharging on except the average price level. But then there are those who charge well above the average in some of the most commoditized markets and have done so for years(or even decades) because they've figured out how to target their products right. Maintaining those higher prices(and fatter profit margins) involves disregarding some of your potential market. Just as Ferrari chose to disregard most of the auto market, Aniplex is disregarding the won't-pay-$50-for-a-complete-series part of the anime market. Does this make their releases overpriced? No, it just means they're targeting a higher price bracket.

And ultimately, this is what you're complaining about: AoA isn't targeting the price bracket you feel they should - the one so many seem to feel entitled to.

This is the biggest fallacy of all. No, we are not complaining that AoA is insisting on selling Ferraris at normal Ferrari prices. We are complaining that they are selling Ferraris at (in some cases) 200% above normal Ferrari prices. If they sold their Ferraris at Ferrari prices I, for one, would stop bitching.

Quote:
No, he's explicitly saying AoA's prices are unjustifiable("no cause and offering nothing more"). This, of course, completely ignores everybody who feels the "nothing more" they offer is justification enough for the higher prices. And of course, those willing to pay their prices for simply the show itself are better off when the normal prices wouldn't earn enough to justify the licensing cost.

For my closing note, not everybody who isn't anti-AoA is for them. I do hope that the other distributors try their hands at the price for series that would otherwise stay stranded in Japan, but I don't have any special attachment to them. I'm only participating here because the anti-AoA arguments are in desperate need of a reality check.

He is correct in saying AoA's prices are unjustified by any objective criteria. AoA isn't making its discs out of real gold. AoA isn't offering anything objective or tangible that justifies - from a production expense point of view - their way over-market prices. The "justification" comes from the fact that they can. So they do. Cool for them. That doesn't then mean that those of us who have a problem with those prices are "wrong" to feel that way.

Your comment about "normal prices" not justifying the licensing cost has no relevance in this argument. AoA has no license costs because all the titles it releases are produced by its Aniplex parent. Even if money actually is changing hands, which I doubt, it is simply money going from AoA's left pocket into its parent company's right pocket. A closed system.

For my closing note, I will say there are valid points on both sides.

A person can say with total justification, "I like AoA's products and when I buy one, I feel like I am getting good value for my money."

A person can say with total justification, "I like AoA's products, but when I buy one, I feel like I'm being overcharged for what I'm getting. But I have no choice, they are the only ones in NA that have the license for Title A."

A person can say with total justification, "AoA is charging too much for what they are offering and I refuse to buy."

Anyone who doesn't think those are three justifiable positions is ridiculous.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Except for a few statute uses, "price gouging" only means "they're charging more than I care for". It's a complaint, not a fact.

Wow, last I heard this was a place where we discuss our opinions. Bravo for figuring that one out. Is it a fact? Who's to say, all I know is that from what I've seen and where I stand (which is all any of us have to go on so you don't have the facts anymore than I) they are selling their product of similar or only marginally increased value for 3x the price. You can call it whatever you want, I don't care what term you use, but we are calling them out on this. The fact you still see fit to try and attack the terms used really shows desperation more than anything.

Quote:
Says you. Not everyone shares your valuations; anyone who buys one of their sets clearly feels what they're offering is worth the price asked. As for justification, read the interview with their president: low prices didn't grow the market. Therefore, they're going another way.

Of course not. Some people feel thousands is a valid price for some fish eggs, but obviously some people do share my valuations and that is what we're here to discuss. Saying "other people think differently" does nothing but point out that the criteria for a discussion exists, again, bravo on that. Clearly though, judging by the responses here and elsewhere, many many people do share that valuation so dismissing it because you're willing to pay an unjustified price is a weak play at best.

As for what the president says, basic economics says otherwise (you know, what my initial college degree is in). Of course he's going to say that since his company has chosen to charge higher prices, what else is he going to say other than something to justify it? Unfortunately no Economist will agree with that statement and latching on to what is effectively a corporate smoke screen is another weak play. Higher prices stagnate markets, they do not grow them, they will essentially split the consumer base and diminish potential gains by placing the product in an unfavorable position to gain market share with new audiences. This is high school level economics, but I'm sure it must be the other way because the president of the company that chose to charge high prices said so.

Quote:
They decided how things werre going wasn't working well enough and they felt they could do better. That's justification enough for trying, whereas some of these complaints are merely about them having the temerity to upset the status quo(which they really haven't).

Another assumption of some great benevolent motive on behalf of AoA, but of course it's nothing more than an assumption. These complaints have nothing to do with saying "how dare they do things differently". They are a logical reaction to company that decided to offer up essentially the same product (which they have largely exclusive rights for) at a price that greatly exceeds market averages in not only this market but the general entertainment market as a whole.

Quote:
No it doesn't - nothing he said makes that point in the least. This whining is entirely about AoA's goods not sharing a price level with the other distributors - in other words, it's about the whiners feeling entitled to the price level.

More assumptions, and this time laced with further insults and labels, lovely. It has nothing to do with a sense of entitlement towards a price, that's yet another weak play attempting to trivialize peoples complaints about their business practices by making them the guilty party for having the temerity to do so. It doesn't work that way. People see a product that offers little to nothing more being sold for ridiculous prices and they're willing to step back and say "wait a second" and call the company out on it. This isn't "entitlement", but rather discerning consumers willing and able to do what consumers in a free market can and will do, and even are expected to do. Don't sit here and insult people and label them for simply having the audacity to be discerning shoppers.

Quote:
Again, you present your judgement as if it were fact. It's one thing to say you don't like their prices - it's self-entitled whining to claim they must keep theirs in line with the one you're used to.

If you keep this up you might get to take a little break. How is "my judgement" not backed up by the facts? I've seen the AoA releases and they do not have the added content nor the increased quality to justify tripling the price point compared to like products sold from pretty much every other single market in the entertainment industry, even comparable to Blu-Rays which are actually far costlier to produce.

Quote:
No, he's explicitly saying AoA's prices are unjustifiable("no cause and offering nothing more"). This, of course, completely ignores everybody who feels the "nothing more" they offer is justification enough for the higher prices. And of course, those willing to pay their prices for simply the show itself are better off when the normal prices wouldn't earn enough to justify the licensing cost.

For my closing note, not everybody who isn't anti-AoA is for them. I do hope that the other distributors try their hands at the price for series that would otherwise stay stranded in Japan, but I don't have any special attachment to them. I'm only participating here because the anti-AoA arguments are in desperate need of a reality check.

Yes, so because the guys who are choosing to charge more said so then it is justified. Yeah, we're in need of the reality check, certainly, if you say so. Quite honestly, I'm afraid it's the other way around. It's working for entertainment industries the world over, including many others that export their products to the US. The reality is that it is still unjustified and you have yet to make a case as to why it is, particularly when industries the world over do not seem to require this sort of price point.

Even if I look at it from an economists perspective there is little to no evidence that even increasing the price point is justified for the licensing costs. These cost increases are even too high for that excuse to hold water considering the gulf between them and others. Given AoA's relationship with the initial products as well that should only stand to provide greater economic value. Then by increasing the price you also have to start considering lost sales as a result of the higher price, particularly when other acquisition models are present (not all legal but that won't stop anyone). So no, we don't need the reality check, it's starting to look like you do.

And yes, you are for them whether you admit it or not. Your own statements here have expressly demonstrated that point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote
Chiming back in here, because I thought of another comparison (I don't get into the economics side, I just look at comparable offerings, and what one would be reasonably expected to pay).

One argument I've heard is that the KnK movies cost more to make, so obviously they cost more to sell. So, let's look at another series of movies, which most certainly cost far more to make than any animated feature: Harry Potter. Which also recently received a complete series box set.

Kara no Kyokai vs. Harry Potter
7 movies (+1 OAV) vs 8 movies
532 minutes vs. 1179 minutes
Retail $189.89 vs. $78.92

One could argue that a) KnK comes with extras, and b) Harry Potter is much more well known and will sell more units, justifying it's lower price, but I'm not sure that's worth the 2 1/3 times price, for less half the product.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of AoA prices, obviously, but even I don't think it's fair to compare a niche product like anime to a massive title like Harry Potter. Personally, that's why I keep all comparisons of AoA prices to other anime products as opposed to going outside the industry.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I'm not a fan of AoA prices, obviously, but even I don't think it's fair to compare a niche product like anime to a massive title like Harry Potter. Personally, that's why I keep all comparisons of AoA prices to other anime products as opposed to going outside the industry.

Yeah, it's an impossible comparison. There's no telling what the unit count to full profitability is with something like Harry Potter, not to mention theatrical profit impact and marketing costs. There's also the export factor as something like Harry Potter generally sees a global release as its market where as anime will have completed its domestic run and the export factor is more gravy than an actual part of its anticipated economic legacy. Not to mention the production costs themselves will be astronomically different so even at their base they are too dissimilar. More apt comparisons would be other anime or other more niche products with similar sales volume expectations.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Indeed you don't.

So the baseless claim is made. As one who's been in many industry discussion titles on this forum, color me completely surprised the industry is doing what I suggested years ago today while others constantly pounded the "streaming = doom and gloom = not profitable = failure!"

Quote:
Latching on to semantics now?

No. If the title's viewing required a purchase, I'd forgive the term. But it's streaming, so price gouging is not acceptable. "Outrageous", "unfair", or "ludicrous" are more more suitable adjectives. I'm not fond when people mix and match definitions to support a statement. It lessens their credibility of understanding.

Quote:
Oh sure, when everyone becomes a collective then you'll have a point, but this is a classic example of trying to implement a base where individual matters are present.

Accepted. The topic was too broad, so I'll concede its usage.

Quote:
Need I remind you that insults are not allowed.

You can remind me when I actually make an insult. The word's been used countless times without a single warning with identical usage when dealing with fansubbers (my favorite is "leeches") in piracy discussions.

Quote:
Implying that this is all about entitlement is not only blatantly false, but insulting to those in the camp upset with AoA's practices as a whole.

If the consensus of "entitlement" is being afforded anime at the expense of others, I'm clearly at loss how this definition doesn't apply with the statements that go beyond displeasure with the asking price. Let me give you an example...

Quote:
The sheer fact of the matter is they are inflating prices drastically with no real product gain or justification for the increase.

Here it is. Please explain to me how you know this. I will not except: "Because other businesses don't charge this much" as a valid reply.

Other businesses don't expense anime production like Aniplex does, which invalidates the knee-jerk reply.

Quote:
You're right, it doesn't have to, that does not justify it or in any way counter the points people are making by calling them out on this however.

I don't disagree with the complaints against the price, which I've stated, but the issue goes beyond simple objection to the price point. You'll understand shortly.

Quote:
Insults again. The only point you just made is that it is Aniplex that has the sense of entitlement, as nothing you presented made a case towards the contrary.

Of course its entitled, and it's the only party with a reason for it.

Quote:
Irrelevant and pointless statement. When one company is inflating the price with no cause and offering nothing more then people are entirely justified to call them out on it.

You're conflating apples with oranges here. The statement is very much relevant, because it's akin to what I firmly believe is a misguided understanding the R1 market by many making very bold accusations, including yourself.

Quote:
Who are you to tell people what they can and can't call out and dislike. And yet they are the ones with the "sense of entitlement"?

More conflating. Objecting to the price is not the same thing as derogatory statements of price gouging by a company, and I'm not stating people can't do either.

However, if they want me to respect their opinion, they better bring much more than "there's no justification" and "price gouging" to this discussion.

Quote:
Growing compared to what? What are the margins? Are even the growing numbers sustainable? A sound bite "everything is good" statement amounts to absolutely zero, anyone that "understands" this market knows that.

Now it's time to detail understanding.

See what you did here? You validated such economic questions to a local retailer, but you absolutely refused to do so on behalf of Aniplex, a company which, by my knowledge, has a far greater overhead of running a business than a little shop in Iowa and a few distributors in the US.

No justification? Here's one: what if those margins in producing anime are shrinking despite growth in the streaming market?

When a physical media market is shrinking, it's common sense to see price points of those products are going to have to be raised in order to continue business.

I don't give a flying care in the world if FUNimation, Sentail, or Nozomi can release titles in the US. They don't finance anime at the level Aniplex does.

This financing, by the way, which brings you these titles to begin with, as Aniplex is not always the sole distributor.

The more insulting "Aniplex needs to get out of R1 so our companies can license" is pure speculation, evidenced by titles in Japan which have yet to see a license locally.

I don't like the price, either, but I can justify it because of what Aniplex does bring to this industry on both sides of the Pacific, a realization many of you tend to either purposely ignore or feel isn't justified enough to ask for $50 more than our current R1 two-part collection prices (give or take).

I'm firmly with the belief this entitlement demand that anime stay within the $50 price range is ridiculous because this price has been steady for nearly 10 years. Again, a reasonable average, not a statement of fact of every title released.

While this analogy may be horrible, imagine if your salary remained fixed, or shrank, for 10 years while prices around you continued to increase.

This is important, because Japan's economy has been making news again, as it looks like another recession is heading its way. Several fans have noticed this as well, taking great pride they can once again get the better end of the deal taking advantage of the currency exchange rate.

Justifying a reason is more important than just throwing out an attitude I perceive as being entitled.

And if "entitled" is rude, then use the synonymous selfish in its place.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
No. If the title's viewing required a purchase, I'd forgive the term. But it's streaming, so price gouging is not acceptable. "Outrageous", "unfair", or "ludicrous" are more more suitable adjectives. I'm not fond when people mix and match definitions to support a statement. It lessens their credibility of understanding.

I don't understand your point. We are taking about a situation where a collector wants to own a physical copy of Bakemonogatari, for example. AoA requirement for a customer to pay $150 for that physical item is price-gouging. I can't go to a competitor and purchase their cheaper version of Bakemonogatari because such a thing does not exist. What does streaming have to do with anything? We are not talking about the price of watching a stream. We are talking about the price of owning a phsyical copy. Price-gouging.

Quote:
Quote:
The sheer fact of the matter is they are inflating prices drastically with no real product gain or justification for the increase.

Here it is. Please explain to me how you know this. I will not except: "Because other businesses don't charge this much" as a valid reply.

Other businesses don't expense anime production like Aniplex does, which invalidates the knee-jerk reply.

Aniplex production costs are irrelevant to AoA's price structure. For example, in the case of Bakemonogatari, the costs of production have been recouped many, many, many times over already by the Japanese market (i.e. the primary market). The R1 market and other markets around the world are secondary markets and are merely profit gravy, not production cost off-setters. The flip side of your point that other R1 distribs don't have production costs like Aniplex does, is that they DO have licensing costs, which AoA doesn't. So not only does AoA not have to account for production expenses, they don't have to worry about licensing expenses either. All the better for when they put their prices way above normal R1 market value to make even more profit per unit. Again, nothing wrong with a company acting in its own ruthless best interest, but the flip side of that is that there is nothing wrong with a customer identifying the result as price gouging.

Quote:
I don't like the price, either, but I can justify it because of what Aniplex does bring to this industry on both sides of the Pacific, a realization many of you tend to either purposely ignore or feel isn't justified enough to ask for $50 more than our current R1 two-part collection prices (give or take).

I'm firmly with the belief this entitlement demand that anime stay within the $50 price range is ridiculous because this price has been steady for nearly 10 years. Again, a reasonable average, not a statement of fact of every title released.

I've already commented on why I don't believe that Aniplex's production costs should be considered a factor in its NA releasing arm's pricing, so no need to repeat myself there. However, I would love if they were asking only $50 over normal R1 market pricing. That would be a bargain. They are asking $150 for a one-cours, BD, sub-only Limited Edition title (Bakemonogatari). That's $100 more than NISA asks for its one-cours, BD, sub-only Premium Edition titles.

Price-gouging.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
So the baseless claim is made. As one who's been in many industry discussion titles on this forum, color me completely surprised the industry is doing what I suggested years ago today while others constantly pounded the "streaming = doom and gloom = not profitable = failure!"

Yes, and no one else has ever followed the industry or those discussions. All hail the might Eve and his omnipotence. Please, it's time to step down from up there.

Quote:

"Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities much higher than is considered reasonable or fair."

Seems to me that it is still applicable as the people making the statement do in fact this is exactly what is being done. So if you must latch on to defining this statement in spite of the fact you know what people mean and it's just a distraction then there you go. Now stop wasting our time and make a statement that means something besides nitpicking. You want to talk about credibiliity all while dwelling on something that is more or less meaningless? Give me a break.

Quote:

Other business don't, and nothing presented indicates Aniplex's costs are in any way higher than any sample base in the industry. It's not entitlement to expect that if a prices are going to be raised dramatically that there is going to be either some gain in the product or some level of justification for it. Aniplex has presented neither and has instead basically stated, "oh, this is for the greater good, trust us". It's not entitlement to expect that you get what you pay for, and at triple the cost I'm not getting what I pay for and there's nothing to indicate otherwise. There is also no indication that the costs are coming at the expense of anyone since a sample base anywhere in the industry shows the pricing scheme has no peer. It's simple economics man and I worked for years studying industries and pricing schemes as a job; you give me a valid justification with a sample base that supports it then I'll be happy to consider it.

Now if you're not going to accept these criticisms because you simply choose not to accept that their perceptions might be accurate then you're done here.

Quote:
Of course its entitled, and it's the only party with a reason for it.

False. Nothing you have presented demonstrates entitlement. You've only demonstrated that discerning shoppers are willing to think twice before dishing out 3x the cost for a product that is the same with no logical or reasonable gain or justification for the increase.

Quote:
You're conflating apples with oranges here. The statement is very much relevant, because it's akin to what I firmly believe is a misguided understanding the R1 market by many making very bold accusations, including yourself.

That's what you believe, well good for you. Others don't believe that and your "understanding" is irrelevant and doesn't define what is reality and what is law.

Quote:
More conflating. Objecting to the price is not the same thing as derogatory statements of price gouging by a company, and I'm not stating people can't do either.

However, if they want me to respect their opinion, they better bring much more than "there's no justification" and "price gouging" to this discussion.

Well, a company is charging more than what is comparable in the industry as a global whole and people are calling them out. You don't like it? Tough, people are justified in their calling out AoA on this as consumers. If you don't want to respect that then that's your choice, I frankly don't care.

Quote:
See what you did here? You validated such economic questions to a local retailer, but you absolutely refused to do so on behalf of Aniplex, a company which, by my knowledge, has a far greater overhead of running a business than a little shop in Iowa and a few distributors in the US.

Not at all. I've compared Aniplex to the industry as a whole. AoA's scheme doesn't hold up when held up to the industry as a whole. If their overhead is so extreme that they can't charge prices that are even close to what could be considered within even the gray range of industry standard then they need to analyze their operations. Frankly though there is no evidence that is even the case.

Quote:
No justification? Here's one: what if those margins in producing anime are shrinking despite growth in the streaming market?

When a physical media market is shrinking, it's common sense to see price points of those products are going to have to be raised in order to continue business.

Actually in the standard economic model that is the opposite of reality. You increase the price and you diminish the potential and volume, that's the very basics of economics and has been demonstrated in millenia of economic studies. You either adapt to the changing industry or you generate a product that can increase sales.

Quote:
I don't give a flying care in the world if FUNimation, Sentail, or Nozomi can release titles in the US. They don't finance anime at the level Aniplex does.

Irrelevant since Aniplex's involvement in generating anime should give them an edge in pricing, not a justification for increases. Those companies pay licensing fees to compensate the companies that finance the operations. Aniplex is also not the only company that is financing the productions they then sell in this industry, but yet their pricing scheme is still way outside the boundaries of the industries pricing model.

Quote:

A perception fueled by your own flawed "understanding" of the industry and how AoA functions within it, an "understanding" that seems to have no grasp of reality, or at least a very one-sided view of it. Your analogy also is also indeed quite horrible and I could write an essay tearing that comparison aparty piece by piece if I cared enough to. Unfortunately your post has really only demonstrated you're coming from a concrete irrational view based on a flawed "understanding" of the industry that makes me care even less than before that post.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4