• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NetComics to Remove Aurora Manga on April 14

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:10 am Reply with quote
Extalia wrote:
P.S To those of you who still think that Mister Mistress was left unresolved (which I feel too:) There is indeed a third volume.
Thanks for confirming our suspicions. Mister Mistress really didn't seem like the kind of series that would leave things "unconsummated" so to speak and it's disappointing then that we may never see that third volume as I found the story entertaining and the artwork very attractive. Failing a license rescue (the ideal outcome, if Aurora's demise is indeed true), maybe some scanalating groups will pick it up and release v03. *crosses fingers* That's how I kept up with the Finder series these last few years, after all... Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:56 am Reply with quote
Oh no! I hope Aurora isn't going under. They've produced some wonderful yaoi manga like Cigarette Kisses (picked up from Broccoli - when they died). Not another small publisher! Gah!
Cait

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:45 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:

*Edit: Okay, the reviews on Amazon sold me on ISNR and I just ordered all 5 volumes through a couple of Amazon Marketplace vendors that, even with S&H, are still a few bucks cheaper than Amazon's price of ~$13 each. I also grabbed a few other Deux titles I'd been hesitating on, namely Lovers and Souls, Ruff Love, Chocolate Surprise, and Spring Fever. I just ordered 6 manga & 2 DVD's from Amazon last night but announcements like this put the panic in a girl, y'know? That, or maybe I just needed an excuse, no matter how flimsy, to buy more manga. Wink

Yes, a wise choice. I loved I Shall Never Return as well as Lovers and Souls. Hopefully another publisher will pick up both authors for more of their titles in the future, especially considering Lovers and Souls is a prequel to RULES.
PingSoni
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:58 am Reply with quote
When Aurora's release schedule stopped being updated in mid-2009 I feared they were in trouble. I love Hitohira, so I went ahead and purchased the remaining four volumes in Japanese (which I'm studying, so that makes sense). I hope someone else picks it up, and the anime, too. But that's just wishful thinking, I'm sure.
akhu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I received the last mail from Aurora (White day promo) in march, I hope that the promo still continue, all Luv Luv titles for $15, and various yaoi for $4 dlls.
I love josei, and just Aurora have an open line for this genre.
With this bad notice, say god bye to Hyakky yakoushou T____T.
Maryohki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Damn it! I was really enjoying Future Lovers...I don't think that got finished, anyway.
sawwie-chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Maryohki wrote:
Damn it! I was really enjoying Future Lovers...I don't think that got finished, anyway.

Future lovers is finished - 2 vols total.
Maryohki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote
sawwie-chan wrote:
Maryohki wrote:

Future lovers is finished - 2 vols total.

Aah. Serves me right for being so slow in reading! I have it all, then. phew. But this still sucks; I was going to start collecting Hitohira =<.
akhu

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quote
If somebody are interested Aurora still have the promo, all mangas $4 dlls or some collections for amazing bundle prices, for contact: [email protected]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2