• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Time of EVE: Original Version (Blu-ray) + Movie (Kickstarter funded)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:39 am Reply with quote
I was kind of hoping it would be a tumbler that looked more like this one.

I also recall seeing one that looked more like a tea cup which looked classy.

Last edited by One-Eye on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
lem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:49 am Reply with quote
just bumped mine up to 145. If they do anything else within the next few days I'll try to support that as well.

The delay doesn't seem unreasonable so I'm more than okay with it. Besides my plate is already quite full what with the other two KS projects I've pitched in for and a whole bunch of July/August pre-orders that are headin' my way. It's been fun to see this thing succeed like it has.

2191 backers, $167,251.00
3 days to go.

Amazing.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:05 am Reply with quote
Just been in contact with their team and have upped my pledge another $45 to grab the Coffee goodies. I am so excited for all this to arrive in January!!!

I am also very happy that they did not want me to increase my shipping costs even with the extra products. I am glad this has not disappointed me like the Crater's poor handling of costing and posting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GDFan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I think you are being unnecessarily harsh in your judgment of their intentions. Keep in mind, when this started, their goal was to raise $18,000 to put out an English subbed version of the movie. They were clearly overwhelmed and surprised at the money pouring in and have been playing catch-up ever since. I don't think there's any need or call to start assigning cynical notions to their suggestions the way you are. Really, you're that cheesed about a proposed three month delay that will obviously improve the end product? Get a grip.

Well, in hindsight, I can look back at my post and see that I'm being much too cynical(and possibly too drunk.) Especially seeing how pumped people are getting about the whole thing. But I have my own, more personal reasons for being upset by a delay. Yes, I let my own situation impede my assessment of the bigger picture.

I actually just bumped my pledge to $145 for all the coffee stuff. And, in comparison, I could buy Durarara on Blu-ray, complete with a lunchbox, of all things, for five bucks more. The run time is considerably less, but this still seems like a more unique kinda release, something genuinely collectible.

Quote:
But yeah, gripers gonna gripe.

I really don't appreciate you lumping me in with the more inhospitable crowd who frequent this site. But Blood-'s gonna Blood- Neutral Probably my own fault here, though.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Heh. Nah, I certainly don't lump you in with the true gripers around here, GDFan. I'm glad you provided a little context for your original post. I have to admit, too often I get snarky with people without thinking that they might have something going on that I don't know about that could be colouring their impressions that day.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy all your ToE stuff. I'm still debating myself what to do. I imported the ToE ONA a few years back and I'm pretty happy with it. I may wait to see if I can pick up any extra copies of the movie that may be offered through TRSI or something.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Well almost at $175K, which is incredible to me considering the initial goal was $18K. The amount raised surprises me, but the number of people pledging seems a little low. I would have thought with all the social media out there that the number of people participating from around the world would have been at least double.

Hmm...I wouldn't have minded this coffee mug.

This one's a little plainer but is a mug.

Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:28 pm Reply with quote
NYAV Post will be the studio to dub Time of Eve. Pretty good choice I think. Head to the specific Kickstarter update if you want to see a little 2 minute video of Michael Sinterniklaas gushing about Time of Eve while on the busy floor of E3.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear NYAV is doing the dub. They always do solid work and have a reputation as one of the more affordable studios out there.

This means there's a chance for some awesome Mike Sinterniklaas/Dan Green teamwork.
Very Happy
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:26 am Reply with quote
Project Update #14: Official Fan Book Excerpt
For backers only, Posted by Pied Piper / DIRECTIONS / Studio Rikka
Oddly enough, we have a tiny bit of breathing room as we approach the final hours of this campaign. So, we wanted to tell you a little more about the Official Fan Book, and why we are so excited to release it in English.

First, we didn't really document the production process for Time of EVE. We were scrambling from deadline to deadline, especially after we underestimated the workload and had to delay the release for Episodes 4 from February to May 2009. Those were harrowing days...

So, when it comes to sharing the production process with fans, we are pretty much empty handed. There were lots of interviews published, but they are not ours to share.

For the Official Fan Book (159 pages in the Japanese edition), the Japanese publisher Kotobukiya did a phenomenal job in probing Time of EVE from every angle. They interviewed Yoshiura about the main characters, each episode, the creative process, and his previous works. Plus, they interviewed producer Tom Nagae, composer Tohru Okada, and the main voice cast.

And, they put the entire storyworld in a whole new context with essays by experts in robotics, scifi literature, and cinematography.

In one fell swoop, the fan book takes you behind the scenes, and more -- just like we always wanted to do ... And now, your support has given us that opportunity.

For example, here are Yoshiura's comments about Chie, from the 2-page spread below.

"I modeled Chie after two people. One was my friend's child. She was so cute, with her mouth always agape. So I asked, 'Can I use her as a model for one of my characters?' The response was, 'Go ahead.' The other person was the head of my high school theater department. Her name was Chie, and she was always saying 'meow!' She loved cat talk (laughs). I combined them both, and this character is the result."

Look closely, and you'll find the original sketch that was offered as one of the rewards : )

Care to comment? View this update on Kickstarter →
Want to get these notifications straight to your phone?
Download the Kickstarter app

Unsubscribe from this project's updates with one click KICKSTARTER
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Its finally reached over 180K, meaning its actually reached over 1000% of its initial goal. Wonder if it can reach 200K by the end of this Smile
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the double post, but I'd just thought I'd mention: As of this post, at $201,299, not only has this reached over 200k, this has actually surpassed the amount the the Kick Heart project made ($201,164). Awesome Very Happy

Probably also worth noting, the Kick Heart project still had 700 more backers than Time of Eve does right now
Stepppingoui

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:57 pm Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but I'd just thought I'd mention: As of this post, at $201,299, not only has this reached over 200k, this has actually surpassed the amount the the Kick Heart project made ($201,164). Awesome Very Happy

Probably also worth noting, the Kick Heart project still had 700 more backers than Time of Eve does right now

One of the posters on KS pointed out Kickheart did 203k plus whatever they continued to take after KS was over. I do see TOE going over $203K before it ends.
traveling

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote
It's already at $203,220 with 10 hours to go. I pledged $80 and I am looking for to this as a (late) birthday present to my self next year.
Stepppingoui

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:36 am Reply with quote
Wouldn't it be great if they reached or pass, 218K talk about a smashing hit.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:08 am Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/TimeofEve1/status/348291665670307840
Quote:
yes, we will release the Blu-ray and Official Fan Book to the general public at a later date! all thanks to this campaign!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8