• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Ghost Glories

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Jim Corbijn

Oh, Feelplus, you witty, witty rascals! That's never been done in a cyberpunk game before!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Eivion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I actually like Jean/Phoenix so this addition is ok with me.
GVman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:07 am Reply with quote
You made a few mistakes on the Sailor Moon game. It takes place during Season 1, not R, and Malachite is the character's name from the DiC butchering. His real name is Kunzite.

Also, this whole 3DS region-locking thing is pissing me off.
Axle911

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:36 am Reply with quote
I don't know why everyone is so excited for Phoenix Wright in a fighter. I'm sick of every MVC article expressing disappointment over Jean Grey being in. As a long time Marvel fan, I'm hella pumped to have her in as opposed to a lawyer I'd never touch.

Plus she's the only character in the game that would have a chance against Galactus, if he really is the last boss(and yes I'm including Amaterasu and Thor)
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:05 am Reply with quote
GVman wrote:
You made a few mistakes on the Sailor Moon game. It takes place during Season 1, not R, and Malachite is the character's name from the DiC butchering. His real name is Kunzite.

You do realize kunzite is Japanese for the malachite stone don't you? That's called accuracy not butchering genius.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:35 am Reply with quote
davecabrera wrote:
Phoenix's cool gimmick is that if she dies with full super meter she resurrects (like Gill in SF3) as Dark Phoenix. Most of the characters have come off as pretty interesting and distinct, which is the bottom line in a game like this. I do think that Capcom focusing on their recent characters illustrates how boring videogame character design has been in the last decade or so, though.

http://www.imnextonline.com/2010/12/14/huge-mvc3-leak-info/
This gets into the realm of rumors, but frankly there were similar leaks for SSF4 that turned out to be 100% true. Capcom has a lot of people (including a lot of fans) in contact with these games and leaks happen fast. This later series of oddly specific Twitter leaks pretty much nails down the rest of the roster (though there's barely anything left to reveal).

Speaking of which , they SHOULD have brought Gill for this one. Not to mentioned some of the interesting characters from the Street Fighter EX series as well as Rival Schools.

Also though it would have been a gimmick , it would have been interesting enough if they did they had made phoenix's take on this game " Gill " Style. Though people would be abusing her like crazy if they did.

Unfortunately I might skip the game now that i read that Galatacus is gonnna be the final boss. SERIOUSLY???

If that is the case their probably gonna make him as awful as MVC2's boss abyss and it was as awful as it comes. Cyber Akuma from Marvel VS SF and that weird evil fusion of Professor X and Magneto's persona that went by the name of Onslaught ( My personal favourite. Marvel should have given him a comic book apperance ) from Marvel VS Capcom were a hell of a lot better bosses.

Quote:
Yes, that's “Phoenix” as in “X-Men psychic Jean Grey, who no one really likes” and not “Phoenix Wright, who everyone wants to see in this game.” Ah, disappointment.

I would have cringed if he was in the game. even though i dont like phoenix in the game with out something interesting, i would take her over that dumb lawyer any day.

though what they should had included were possibly Nero from DMC 4 or if what wikipedia say is true, his father Vergil a.k.a Nelo Angelo from DMC 1.

Or possibly Sparda in his demonic form as a secrect character similar with Q from SF III
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quote
To one jr0904,

do you consider Marvel vs Capcom 3 a right or a privilege?

axle911 wrote:
I don't know why everyone is so excited for Phoenix Wright in a fighter. I'm sick of every MVC article expressing disappointment over Jean Grey being in. As a long time Marvel fan, I'm hella pumped to have her in as opposed to a lawyer I'd never touch.

Just because you don't want to play as Phoenix Wright doesn't mean that others don't.
Shale

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:24 am Reply with quote
I love Phoenix Wright's games but I can't imagine how he'd work in a fighting game without (a) being a generic punch-and-kick guy only distinguished by his name and appearance or (b) being a useless gag character. Which isn't o say the series doesn't have characters who would work in a fighter, they're just named "Franziska" and "Steel Samurai."
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Ugh... That Gundam shot really shows once again the inconsistent quality of the 3DS in the visual department.

The Capcom games look good, but everything is barely PSP level. Considering the price of it, that's not really good enough for me, and yes, I realise that visuals aren't everything, but that's no reason to not want good ones.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Paul Soth wrote:
Now if my DS worked properly. Damn shoulder buttons keep failing.

Let me see if I can help. There are several fixes to that, but for the problem you are experiencing, it can be fixed without actually having to buy a brand new system or sending it for repairs to Nintendo. All you really need are the correct tools (or tool in this particular case.)

If you have a DS, it's likely to have a screw that looks like a Y. The Tool you will need is called a Tri-Wing screwdriver. Now this type of screwdriver is used primarily for electronics and is tamper resistant. Because it is tamper resistant, this tool has also been used for light bulb fixtures in industrial and possibility rural areas as well. That said, finding one of these at your local hardware shop isn't impossible, but because this tool is rare, it's going to be challenging.

But even with the proper tool, you will still need new buttons. This is where this
http://www.nintendorepairshop.com/ will come in handy. Although not endorsed by Nintendo itself, this site does sell the "shell" of the Nintendo Dual Screen and Nintendo Dual Screen Lite. If you are looking for a Tri-Wing Screwdriver and buttons all at once, here is the link for the Tri-Wing http://www.nintendorepairshop.com/products/115-Nintendo-DS-Repair/Default.asp

But if your looking for the Nintendo Dual Screen shell with buttons, the link is http://www.nintendorepairshop.com/products/115-Nintendo-DS-Repair/1151-Nintendo-DS-Replacement-Shell-with-Buttons-Silver/

If you have a NDS Lite, you have more choice, but are still able to find buttons as well. If the Tri-Wing at this site doesn't look like it would work for you, there are other options. I searched Amazon heavily (as well as Home Depot, Lowe's and several other sites) but this is one of the few times where actually going to a store to physically see the product proved to be significantly more helpful than to shop online.

Amazon had a great selection, but after reading some reviews, it seemed that more of those Tri-Wing Screwdrivers actually stripped the screw or didn't work, so I didn't have much luck there. But I bought a electronic tool kit and to my luck, a Tri-Wing piece came included and it was under four dollars. I bought this at Harbor Freight and so far, this tool actually let me work on my DS lite myself without paying too much and won't ruin the Tri-Wing screws.

Hope I helped.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:21 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
that weird evil fusion of Professor X and Magneto's persona that went by the name of Onslaught ( My personal favourite. Marvel should have given him a comic book apperance )

Um, that's exactly where Onslaught is from. It was a whole big Marvel crossover thing around '96.
Uthred

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:33 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
...and that weird evil fusion of Professor X and Magneto's persona that went by the name of Onslaught ( My personal favourite. Marvel should have given him a comic book apperance )...

Not sure if this is meant to be a joke or not, but Onslaught has had numerous comic book appearances. Including being the focal point for a universe spanning comic event that relaunched nearly all the main Marvel lines. I think there was also an Onslaught based mini out this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2