• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: X-Men Anime, Nichijou Promo Videos Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paploo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Anyone know if there is going to be any connection between this series and the currently airing Wolverine series?

Well, both are set in Japan- I imagine the most likely thing would be having Yukio [Storm's gal pal and one of Wolverine's asian acquaintances] pop up for a supporting role.

The Wolverine anime looks to be based on the Miller/Claremont miniseries/graphic novel, which Yukio first appeared in, so she's in that anime too. It's also what they're basing the next Wolverine movie on [so those who see the anime will probaby experience slight deja vu]. We'll certainly get our full of "Mariiiiikoooooooooo!" either way*

*I loved seeing Mariko pop up again in X-men Forever. It's too bad they killed her off in the 90's Sad I also wish they'd remember her adopted daughter with Wolverine, who's apparently being looked after by Yukio to prevent plotholes. C'mon Wolverine, take all 3 of your kids to the zoo! Vampire Jubilee can help!
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Mangamuscle for correcting me about Sans Famille I though it was a children book because a Britsh live action and a HBO three part live action adaption here one for the books even thow I didn't read the book try adaption of Water Babies the animated version they show the central charictor clothed wend shinks we as in the book he is naked I know this because a saw the illistrations and read some passages from the book I forgot to mention the British live action was a movie. Smile
TeenChibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Wow! I'm looking forward to both. The X-Men anime already looks better than Wolverine and Iron Man, maybe Madhouse was saving up the budget for it? Because X-Men looks much more refined and pretty than the former two. Also Nichijou looks like it'll be random fun, I can see it as my "downtime" anime of the season. Very Happy
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:15 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Ya know, I have to say Nichijou should be one of the titles that streaming companies like Crunchyroll should be gunning for simulcasting because it's done by KyoAni so lots of peeps are going to watch it somehow, and they have a damn good track record of hits.

It's a Kadokawa property (like Gosick and Korezom this season), so I think there may actually be a good chance of that. I really hope they get it, at least.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Well I can't wait to watch the X-men anime, since I always enjoy stuff from MADHOUSE.

Though like many have said, "It will not top the 90's cartoon of the X-Men!" unless it has the same opening theme Very Happy
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:03 pm Reply with quote
The X-men one looks kinda meh. For some reason I thought they'd make this look like Jim Lee or Joe Mad's art. If the show focuses on them blowing up stuff and fighting, I might check it out. Not expecting anything outside of that to be pulled off well though.

Conan-san wrote:
Needs more CRY FOR THE MOON! if you ask me.

LOl. I saw those intros a few days before I heard that this new version was coming out and got super excited. Overly excited.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:20 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
I do not care unless Illyana appears on it (free low calories, low fat, no salt, no prize to whoever knows who she is).

Illyana Nikolaevna Rasputina, aka Magik, former member of the New Mutants, younger sister of Piotr Rasputin and Mikhail Rasputin. Kidnapped by Arcade at age 6, and was rescued by the X-Men, then by Belasco, and lived in Limbo for 7 years, coming into her mutant power of teleportational discs as well as becoming a demon sorceress, before returning to Earth moments after she left. Once teleported to the future with the New Mutants where Mikhail gave her the Legacy Virus, though her (and the other NM's) memories were erased of the event. Sacrificed herself during Inferno, returning to her 7-year-old self, who later succumbed to the Legacy Virus.

I heard they brought her back again, that pissed me off. Let her rest in peace.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:00 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

enurtsol wrote:
Are ya kidding?! PPGZ was a bad adaptation! Laughing

I mean it was popular Razz And I thought it was pretty fun. It's no Precure or anything, but it was enjoyable.

There's no accounting for taste, I guess.
And people wonder why Family Guy is popular here. Instead wonder why PPGZ is popular there! Laughing

TitanXL wrote:

Better crafted than the original at least.

Ah hells no. Laughing

TitanXL wrote:

The Lil-I mean Yuna & Stich anime is another example of a popular anime adaption. It's on it's third series and nearing the 100 episode mark.

I don't think the original was popular in Japan.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:29 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
TitanXL wrote:

enurtsol wrote:

I mean it was popular Razz And I thought it was pretty fun. It's no Precure or anything, but it was enjoyable.

And people wonder why Family Guy is popular here. Instead wonder why PPGZ is popular there! Laughing

Probably because some people actually like slapstick humor. Not everyone likes what you like.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:49 am Reply with quote
I'm trying to be optimistic about this new X-Men anime. My brother and I grew up watching the '90's cartoon series religiously, and Evolution had a lot of good points too, imho.

I hated most of what made up the movies. Now I'm hoping this Jpn take will fair a helluva lot better.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:43 am Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
TitanXL wrote:

enurtsol wrote:

Probably because some people actually like slapstick humor. Not everyone likes what you like.

But I like slapstick humor! Laughing
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Illyana Nikolaevna Rasputina, aka Magik

Your no prize is in the mail :-p

Quote:
I heard they brought her back again, that pissed me off. Let her rest in peace.

Rest in peace my ***!!! Let's kill your favorite marvel comics character and let her stay dead for two decades while you see how they keep bringing back to life everybody else. This is no exaggeration, with the exception of Bucky and Uncle Ben, nobody else stays dead in the Marvel Universe Anime hyper

Now let me dream about marvel paying for making an anime version of the Inferno saga for everyone to see Magik at her best *Anime smile*
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
TitanXL wrote:

The Lil-I mean Yuna & Stich anime is another example of a popular anime adaption. It's on it's third series and nearing the 100 episode mark.

I don't think the original was popular in Japan.
Got an awful lot of merch in japan.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Finally got around to watching the X-men trailer, and I tentatively like it. I saw the Iron Man promo at SDCC and was pretty meh about it. The X-Men are my favorite Marvel franchise, even though I haven't read them for years, so I'm hoping they do a better job with this than Iron Man, which I didn't care much about.

And re: Storm's hair, I like it. I like her hair better when it's short.

I find it weird that everyone's going with the feline Beast incarnation lately, with this, and the upcoming First Class movie.

Dunno who the guy in the monocle is.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:23 pm Reply with quote
X-Men looks like I would expect the latest chapter in Madhouse's attempt to re-introduce Marvel Super Heroes to Japan to look. Can't say I'm too interested in devoting time to watching it.

If I didn't know anything about the moe scene and the whole Kyoani "if you build it they will come" effect I would swear that Nichijou looks like a show that should be aimed at very young female children. Like as in I'd probably be interested in it if I was a 5 year old girl or had a daughter around the same age to show it too or something, but as a 26 year old male...well...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4