• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Anime's TV Run to End on March 30

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yosuke Suzuki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:14 am Reply with quote
giapet wrote:
Yosuke Suzuki wrote:
from Mashima twitter satatus
ツイッターでも
づっと言いたかった事は時が
くるまでは言えないんです。
よい発表ができる日まで我慢。

ツづくよ
tsudzukuyo

look at the first word on every line,
is this some kind of secret words?
or just my imagination?

You know, at first I thought you were just plugging in line breaks for funsies yourself-- and then I realized there actually are spaces at those spots in the tweet. I don't really know enough about JP Tweet-speak to say whether it's unusual or not, but that's an interesting catch.

Guildmaster: "Tsuzuku yo" = (roughly) "It continues" or "it's going to continue."

its not me who actually notice it,
i just read some japanese blog i followed
http://hpd2.blog137.fc2.com/blog-entry-5547.html
then what does it mean? it continues?
more news or about the continuation of fairy tail anime?
aghh it makes me more curious after knowing this "Tsuzukuyo"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
agila61

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote
zeondx wrote:
Cons
- without the producer making money on the sales of dvds and blurays who is going to expect the anime to continue.

Whoever has the merchandise rights. Plus if the anime has been helping the sale of the tankoubon, the manga publisher (and manga-ka).

We are not privy to their merch sales, and we are not privy to the manga publishers view of how much the anime has boosted tankoubon sales, so its entirely speculative whether they think that's enough to greenlight additional production ...
... but if the ratings (and pirated downloads) fell badly during the filler arc and have been sagging since, why would either of them give financial support to another filler arc?

If there was a thumbs down on another filler arc, then it could only continue it on the basis of on-again, off-again.
Grinpatch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Urgh, the more I listen to the OST the more I feel bad, even if the story wasn't that great of Fairy Tail (I never really got into it) I still enjoyed the show...

I even had a Fairy Tail OST as my alarm on my phone, the Fairy Tail theme slow version...
Fairy Tail isn't my favorite anime, I have a couple above it, but right when I was about to get into it it ends...
The manga luckily continues but for me it's over, it's the Fairy Tail episodes that kept me watching it.

Atleast let the rumor of Bleach returning be true atleast... Sad
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Show never seemed to go anywhere for me.

Big bad guy comes, they beat him up, end up back at the guild for happy parties, rinse and repeat.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:47 pm Reply with quote
What are you talking about?!

Jellal KILLED Simon!!!!

there is no happy ending.
darcueid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote
daughterofashes wrote:
Well your words reached me Very Happy

Just seeing that my words reached one person fulfills my hopes (I know! I know! It sounds cheesy, but its how I feel :p). Thank you for your post, daughterofashes. Very Happy

P.S. This is the whole post of what daughterofashes wrote: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2824011#2824011 I apologize for not putting it all in the post, I just didn't want to take up too much space. So there's the link to her post to share to anyone else who would like to read her words too. I hope her words reach you people as well. Very Happy
kanechin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote
what can be better than mashima generic shonen anime #2 ending.

only if JPN otaku had taste and not moe on the mind all the time.
slsteal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quote
what some of you didn't realize is even if the tv ratings are low most people just go online to watch anime seeing as how its easier then being around for its time slot along with that you cant just cancel it for low ratings you sign a contract for how long the show will run for just like you sign one for how long the manga will run for and seeing as they advertised a movie it was probably their last hope to resign for another year of the fairy tail anime
Sariachan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Could someone please make a complete fillers list for me, please? I don't read the manga so it would be really useful.

I'll probably drop the anime soon, though; I already watched around 60 episodes and it feels too generic and random to me. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm OK with this.

Fairy Tail had some things going for it at the start, and was getting interesting, especially with the Edolas & Zeref arcs, but it just seemed to peter out in the end. I really liked Happy and the other Exceeds, but the main characters were difficult to like. Eventually I warmed up to Natsu, Gray, Ezra, MiraJ, and Romeo, but I really can't stand the rest. Lucy and Juvia are especially loathsome. Too many of the females suffer from having big tits and sob story, which is pretty boring. The male characters are more varied but are boring because they get little-to-no character development. I feel that Wendy is a cynical play to the lolicon crowd.

Also, the ill-timed humor/fanservice just gets too absurd and over the top even for shounen. That would be alright if this was supposed to be a pure comedy or parody, but that isn't what it is always presenting itself as, which leads to confusion. You can mix comedy and drama, but it can't be done in a haphazard fashion. The end result is that it feels like it is yanking my chain once too often.

Lastly, there are just way, way too many "nakama" power-ups in this series. Power-ups are staple shounen, but even so it puts shows like Dragon Ball to shame in how often they trot this trope out. The end result is the battles feel weak and nothing is really at stake. This also causes a problem because it doesn't feel like they are accomplishing anything, either.

In the end, it probably just got too tedious for a lot of viewers to watch, so they just gave up. I could see the writing on the wall when the fanservice really started ramping up in some last ditch effort to save it. It is pretty lame when the tournament commentator has to direct the audience to "how great" all the fanservice is.

Sariachan wrote:
I'll probably drop the anime soon, though; I already watched around 60 episodes and it feels too generic and random to me.

There aren't that many, honestly. The feeling is correct, as far as I am concerned. Not that One Piece is much better, mind you, but at least it has some semblance of an overarching story.

Last edited by dragon695 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jake of the ManPod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quote
i think i just died on the inside. if there is a god they will continue this series and follow it to the end
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:46 am Reply with quote
Jake of the ManPod wrote:
i think i just died on the inside. if there is a god they will continue this series and follow it to the end

Your god is called money. Laughing
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:08 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Not that One Piece is much better, mind you, but at least it has some semblance of an overarching story.

In comparison to Fairy Tail, yes. One Piece is much better.

Not that Fairy Tail is bad. It's just very mediocre.

I'd also recommend Hunter x Hunter, FMA, Magi, and Yu Yu Hakusho.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:48 am Reply with quote
slsteal wrote:
what some of you didn't realize is even if the tv ratings are low most people just go online to watch anime seeing as how its easier then being around for its time slot along with that you can't just cancel it for low ratings you sign a contract for how long the show will run for just like you sign one for how long the manga will run for and seeing as they advertised a movie it was probably their last hope to resign for another year of the fairy tail anime

I am the unequaled master of the properly constructed run-on sentence, but what you wrote is just plain undecipherable gibberish.

@dragon,

Happy is my favourite non-human in FT (he's always getting the better of Lucy), but I must admit a liking for that red haired goddess, Erza. Giant busted, armoured chicks are always good.
Wink

I'm still over 100 episodes behind, so this won't matter to me, but I want it in English and on disc so i can watch it on my big screen TVs, dammit! Razz

Last edited by guildmaster on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
wolf4537

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:25 am Reply with quote
Damn, wasn't seeing this coming. Hopefully this is only temporary.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 11