• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buy 2 manga, get 1 free deals

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isaacada1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Borders did this last sept/oct 2004, and also did it this past spring. I'm hoping they continue to do this.

Is there other retailers out there that do a similar offering? This type of deal really helps out on buying Hellsing and Berserk titles as they retail at a higher price then most manga.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Abel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps retailers that can charge full SRP do. Most online retailers maintain a consistant discount instead. One practice I heard of, some brick and motar specialty shops offer a membership where if you buy 5, the next one is free.
XCTU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:45 am Reply with quote
isaacada1 wrote:
Borders did this last sept/oct 2004, and also did it this past spring. I'm hoping they continue to do this.

Is there other retailers out there that do a similar offering? This type of deal really helps out on buying Hellsing and Berserk titles as they retail at a higher price then most manga.
You got me all excited, i thought you were gonna post saying it was yet again time for another awesome borders sale...
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:17 am Reply with quote
[quote="XCTU"]
isaacada1 wrote:

Their latest was a 30% off Coupon for any paperback book. The clerks I had took the coupon for some Manga I purchased. I guess it counts because most manga are paperbacks.....

Sadly, the promo ended 7/31.
smutchi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:16 am Reply with quote
isaacada1 wrote:

At the moment some manga are in the "buy 3 get the 4th free" category at Borders. Some of these manga are even pretty new...
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:33 pm Reply with quote
smutchi wrote:
isaacada1 wrote:

At the moment some manga are in the "buy 3 get the 4th free" category at Borders. Some of these manga are even pretty new...

That promo ended 7/31 as well. Plus it was only for SELECT titles according to the signage.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:45 am Reply with quote
And just to add:

Their current Paperback B4,G5 Free Promo does not apply to Manga.
galactic_lady

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:56 pm Reply with quote
The Borders here, did it for all manga, not just some manga, once it was buy 2 get 1 free, and another time it was buy 3 get 1 free. Of course I prefer the buy 2 get 1 free. When it was buy 3 I had to think for a while and try to remember what else I wanted since I'd already grabbed everything I'd been salivating over.

So they do this company wide then? Or is it determined on a local level?
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Last year, Suncoast had this Thanksgiving sale where you could buy any two manga and get the third free. I missed it. Evil or Very Mad Borders does email out a 30% off coupon every month (sometimes more I think). If you don't mind ordering online, Overstock.com has most manga titles at around 30% off. I've never ordered from them, but if anyone wants to give it a shot...
I was at the mall a few days ago, and I do recall some sort of a buy 4 paperbacks get one free. Or maybe it was a buy three get one. I can't remember.
isaacada1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:43 pm Reply with quote
The buy 4, get the 5th free was from Waldenbooks. That deal is still running. However, I just LOVE the buy 2 get 1 free deal better. Especially helps with Berserk and Hellsing manga as they're high on how much they retail for. Next time Borders, or anyone has this type of deal, I'm stacking up on them. Hopefully, it'll be in late September with Hellsing Vol. 7 is out. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
isaacada1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this deal goes on again soon. If anyone sees a notice about it, or a similar deal, PLEASE SOUND OFF!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1