• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Detour Holds Fundraiser for Voice Actress Carrie Savage

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrostyVenar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quote
chrisb wrote:
Does anyone know how the donations work? I see the form, but there isn't an option for a payment method. I would really like to help out.
The form directs you to ASecureCart which is the Credit Card Processing site Anime Twin Cities uses.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Get well soon Carrie. You are a great actress, and a cool person.
AnimenexuS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
chrisb wrote:
Does anyone know how the donations work? I see the form, but there isn't an option for a payment method. I would really like to help out. I hope she can find work that can accommodate her needs. Sadly most people with the disease are very limited in what they can do.

Donation thing is way on bottom of website. You will big orange rectangle that will say Donate.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I wish Carrie all the best. She has done some great voice work in the past and I hope she will be able to continue to do more in the future.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:45 pm Reply with quote
This is the first I've heard of her illness, and I am very saddened. I've worked with her as a convention staffer and have attended many of her panels and charity auction appearances. She is such a wonderful, friendly and nice person it's a shame something like this has to happen to a truly angelic and talented type of person that she is. I wish all the best for her and hope she can overcome this.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
This is so sad to hear she has such a condition. I'm defiantly donating. All my best Carrie!
TG72

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Anime Twin Cities/Anime Detour,

I hope you have someone watching this thread and will add a PayPal or personal check option....
FrostyVenar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote
TG72 wrote:

I hope you have someone watching this thread and will add a PayPal or personal check option....

I am, we don't use paypal because they take a percentage of all funds as where ASecureCart is a flat yearly fee.

However if you want to mail a check our official mailing Address is:
Anime Twin Cities
P.O. Box 48309
Coon Rapids, MN 55448
Sensei Terry Silver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote
I can't seem to properly send the payment, it keeps getting me AVS mismatch errors. The info I put is the same I do whenever I use my credit card online. I even typed in the exact info that is on my credit card statement. I don't see what could be the cause the these errors. It would be an international payment (Canada) but it shouldn't cause ASecureCart any problems.

Seconding the Paypal option. Hell, I'd even throw in a little extra to compensate for the Paypal fee.
kamen_otaku81

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quote
She....she was one of the first voice actors I actually met when I went to Nekocon for the first time. I didn't know who she was at the time, but she was nice. And she sounds so cute and adorable. It was brief and I asked her for a autograph. But she was nice. After that, I try to follow as much of the anime she does. I didn't realize she was Penny Milfer on Shin-Chan! She's one of my favorites.

She shouldn't have to have that disease. No one should. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I'm definitely donating as soon as possible.
otakunomike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry if anyone is having problems donating, we truly appreciate the response from people so far and are looking into any issues that people are having with ASecureCart. We can look into PayPal, but considering the timing at the moment, our convention is only 10 days out, we will be unable to make available any additional payment methods for some time. As FrostyVenar pointed out, we can accept checks in the mail, just clearly delineate that they are for Carries fund and we will see them added in. For obvious reason, please do not send cash.

Knowing Carrie everyone's well wishes will go a long way to helping her feel at least a bit better (and, knowing Carrie, probably crying) so your sentiments are greatly felt. If you have any questions about the fund or our overall charity works, both myself and FrostyVenar are board members of Anime-Twin Cities and will be glad to assist.

Thank you all for your help,
Michael Nicchetta
Anime Twin Cities Board of Directors
nhat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quote
FrostyVenar wrote:
TG72 wrote:

I am, we don't use paypal because they take a percentage of all funds as where ASecureCart is a flat yearly fee.

However if you want to mail a check our official mailing Address is:
Anime Twin Cities
P.O. Box 48309
Coon Rapids, MN 55448

I could be wrong but I heard PayPal will make an exception if its a charity, etc
AnimenexuS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote
otakunomike wrote:
I'm sorry if anyone is having problems donating, we truly appreciate the response from people so far and are looking into any issues that people are having with ASecureCart. We can look into PayPal, but considering the timing at the moment, our convention is only 10 days out, we will be unable to make available any additional payment methods for some time. As FrostyVenar pointed out, we can accept checks in the mail, just clearly delineate that they are for Carries fund and we will see them added in. For obvious reason, please do not send cash.

Knowing Carrie everyone's well wishes will go a long way to helping her feel at least a bit better (and, knowing Carrie, probably crying) so your sentiments are greatly felt. If you have any questions about the fund or our overall charity works, both myself and FrostyVenar are board members of Anime-Twin Cities and will be glad to assist.

Thank you all for your help,
Michael Nicchetta
Anime Twin Cities Board of Directors

I'm glad mind donation went through. I hope this gets fix.Good thing there second option.
FrostyVenar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
nhat wrote:

I could be wrong but I heard PayPal will make an exception if its a charity, etc

Paypal is still 2.2% for 501(c)s
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/donations
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quote
You should have the option of sending payment as a 'personal' payment when you log into Paypal. The screen will ask you if you are sending money to family and friends, so that's the spot that you check.

As the person sending the payment, you then pay the fees and the receiver receives the entire amount. If Paypal takes the fee from your bank account, there is no fee. Otherwise, it's usually just a couple of cents.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3