• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Magic Knight Rayearth Economy boxsets: content

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to know what differences there are in the DVDs contained inside the Economy boxsets and the DVDs inside the Memorial boxsets.

I know that the Memorial boxsets are the earlier premium set releases and are much expensive. And are the Memorial boxsets 1 and 2, an artbox containing all of the 5 (season 1) and 7 (season 2) discs, respectively?

Are the 5 discs from the Economy boxset 1 the same as those in the individual releases, i.e. contain the exact omake etc.

I've already found the best place to buy them from:
http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=651311
http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=672188

Can anyone answer those questions for me?

Arigatou
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:51 pm Reply with quote
There is no difference in content; the discs are the same as the other set, the packaging is just not as nice.

--------------------
Shawne Kleckner
President/CEO
The Right Stuf International, Inc.
www.rightstuf.com
[email protected]
On A Quest to Provide Unparalleled Service to the Anime World
Shorty22

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:19 pm Reply with quote
The original set was lent to me by a friend a couple years ago and I just bought (and watched) the new economy set. The discs are the exact same ones from before. The intro even momentarily freezes in the same spot. However, the economy set does come with a sixth disc, but I don't usually pay much attention to extras. The original extras were still on the other 5 discs, so I'm not sure what they put on the sixth disc.

And shawnek is right, the packaging isn't too nice. There's 2 discs on each side, plus a one sided plastic insert with another 2 discs on it. Since 2 discs won't fit side by side, they overlap, so you have to remove the top one to get the bottom one. But they cram it all into a space the size of 2 regular DVD cases. And the outside looks fine. Some of the disc cover art could have been better spaced, especially on disc two where they decapitated Ferio. Rolling Eyes

However, you just can't beat that economy set price, so unless you're some box art purist, go for the economy set.
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:28 am Reply with quote
Off course the packaging isn't as nice, that's a given. But shawnek and especially Shorty22 thank you for your information!!! I wanted to know just that! Wohoo! *goes off to place order*

By the way, shawnek, are you actually the CEO of TRSI? This is ironic, because I sent an e-mail to RightStuf asking this same question, but RighStuf have yet ot reply. And now my question is finally answered here. Thank you very much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1