• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Where can you find anime figuers?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kanegawa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I'm looking for a DECENT place, like a webpage, or a store, where you can find nice anime figures. Like from DearS, Chobits or something. I really want some. But I don't know where exactly I can find some good ones. Now if any of you know a place please speak. But I would really prefer a store, (I guess that store would have to be a chain). Thank you!!
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I think the only physical stores that sell this stuff are all in Japan. I'm not exactly sure if they sell what you're looking for, www.hobbylinkjapan.com might be a good idea.
kanegawa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:51 pm Reply with quote
strange that, the page says that it cannot be displayed.. darn.. it sounded good though..
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:15 am Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
I think the only physical stores that sell this stuff are all in Japan. I'm not exactly sure if they sell what you're looking for, www.hobbylinkjapan.com might be a good idea.

Unless you want gashapon and UFO plushies, HLJ can't sell prize items.

For domestic dealers try House of Anime, Wizzywig, Mugen Toys, Big Bad Toy Store And of course if you have a comic shop near by you should be able to order several items through Previews. These are just the sites I've ordered through, there's also Anime Ten, Anime Castle, Image Anime, Atamaii, Anime Corner Store, and Entertainment Earth, all of whom I've heard great things about. If you want an alternative to HLJ then I hear Yes Asia is a great place. And if that doesn't help then check out Yamato USA's store locator.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kanegawa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:38 am Reply with quote
wow.. i think I'm going to spend a whole day looking through all those places.. And all these places are safe? Because, through the years people have been telling me that I should be very careful about ordering stuff from the net. But I am dieng for at least 1 figure.. Rolling Eyes Wink
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:52 am Reply with quote
kanegawa wrote:
Okay, I'm looking for a DECENT place, like a webpage, or a store, where you can find nice anime figures. Like from DearS, Chobits or something. I really want some. But I don't know where exactly I can find some good ones. Now if any of you know a place please speak. But I would really prefer a store, (I guess that store would have to be a chain). Thank you!!

For chain stores, I think Suncoast and some bigger branches of Borders sell figures. Maaaaybe Hot Topic but I never go in there ... however I hear they've been diversifying to anime stuff. Rolling Eyes

If you want a physical store, you'd have to tell us your general location, because most anime/J-pop-culture specialty stores are locally based.

Comic book stores might also surprise you with their anime figure selection. Don't let the superhero posters and Magic cards scare ya off. Wink
Key

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:25 am Reply with quote
kanegawa wrote:
wow.. i think I'm going to spend a whole day looking through all those places.. And all these places are safe? Because, through the years people have been telling me that I should be very careful about ordering stuff from the net. But I am dieng for at least 1 figure.. Rolling Eyes Wink

I've never ordered figures from them, but one online store which I have found to be very safe and reliable for everything else is Anime Nation. I know they carry a fair selection of figures, too. They're also very reliable about shipping things quickly when they have them in stock.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Moving this to the Retail forum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:09 pm Reply with quote
kanegawa wrote:

All of the sites I listed are safe, just make sure you've got the newest version of your web browser and you should be all set.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kanegawa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Okay, but do you have to become a member to buy? Or you just order out of the nothing? Question
kanegawa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
kanegawa wrote:

For chain stores, I think Suncoast and some bigger branches of Borders sell figures. Maaaaybe Hot Topic but I never go in there ... however I hear they've been diversifying to anime stuff. Rolling Eyes

If you want a physical store, you'd have to tell us your general location, because most anime/J-pop-culture specialty stores are locally based.

Comic book stores might also surprise you with their anime figure selection. Don't let the superhero posters and Magic cards scare ya off. Wink

Well lets just say arizona.. Smile YEEHAW!! Laughing
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:53 pm Reply with quote
where in AZ? because up here in Prescott and PV there isn't alot of places, but down in Pheonix, there is quite a bit more selection in the large malls and such.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quote
kanegawa wrote:
Okay, but do you have to become a member to buy? Or you just order out of the nothing? Question

No memberships for the stores though they might suggest starting an account, but that's usually not a requirement. It's like shopping at a real store, you get a virtual "shopping basket" that you put items in then you "check out" buy giving your address and paying.

Emerje
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1