• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Boxes

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miasma

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Hey, I'm wondering if there is a site where i can buy just the boxes for sets i have. I have a real bad problem with buying the cheaper dvd without the box then i finish out the set and now i don't have a box to put it in. so i was wondering if i was able to buy the box without it costing me an arm and a leg.
Thanks
hagakure|returns

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quote
No, companies don't just sell the box by itself. Some box are available by themself though, I can only think of Initial D, Fruit Basket and R. Kenshin.

Other then that, your best bet is to sell your first volume and rebuy it with the box.
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quote
It's always possible eBay is carrying it, but watch out for bootlegs. Also, RightStuf.com carrys some empty boxes, but the selection isn't huge. A lot of companies release a box set with the first volume of the DVD, while others release the last volume with a box. Another way to go is to buy the title in a box set instead of volume by volume.
one3rd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:46 pm Reply with quote
TRSI also seems to have reduced the prices for a lot of Vol 1 + box titles. I know Chrono Crusade is $10 or less right now, but I haven't paid attention to any others.
remember love

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Would be nice if you oculd buy boxs by themselves. Because some people will not spend the extra money for the box set because they aren't sure wether or not it's truely worth it and when they find out after they have all the episodes.... welp out of luck. But like .sy you can try ebay and maybe you'll get lucky but also do watch out for the bootlegging and the so called con-artist, hate when that happens to people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Miasma

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Thanks guys Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1