• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fullmetal Alchemist Pocketwatch

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:07 am Reply with quote
I've been thinking of plunking down some money for a replica State Alchemist pocketwatch worn in the anime. But I don't want to drop $40 on a replica unless it's a good quality. Seeing as this place is filled with fellow otaku such as I, I was wondering if anyone already has bought one.

So far I've narrowed it down to
http://www.wackywillysweb.com/full_metal_alchemist/fullmetal_alchemist_pocket_watch_with_chain.php?scs=144.167.18.82-2005_10_10_08_52_31-519223958

and

http://[This URL is a known Bootlegging website]/jstore/series/alchemist/watch.html

If theirs any other reccomendations I'd glady accept 'em. Or if you've bought from here could you tell me how the product's end quality was?

-edit-

Whoops! Didn't see the Retail forum and the same to pic in it. Sorry.

Well I guess what I can do to set this topic apart would be to focus on who's actually bought one from various places and what they've thought of it.
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:20 pm Reply with quote
If I had to guess, I'd say that first one is an unlicensed replica. I don't recall Funimation ever having made any FMA watches, so it looks pretty suspcious.
Alchemist449

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Looks like crap to me. The official replicas cost upwards $200 when they came out. I don't remember which sites were selling it though.
remember love

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
I concur with the other guys.Looks very suspicious. Not just because of the cost, it also seems to have the saem striking features of the pockets watches I've bought at walmart(Size,The top part of the watch has exact matching looks,and the spring all look too similar). Only difference, besides the full metal alchemist design on it, is the chain the chain I've never seen on walmart watches but the rest...I wouldn't trust them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1