• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
If U Disrespect 4Kids, Ur Also Disrespecting heir Shows

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I Know Yu-Gi-Oh Is Becomming A Bit Slow Nowadays,
But Keep Making Disrespectful Posts Like This, Not Only Ur Dissing 4Kids, Ur Also Dissing Pokemon, TMNT, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Tokyo Mew Mew, And Magical DoReMi (I Cannot Type The Japaneese Name)
And They Also Have Another Meal-Ticket Cartoon From Italy, But Since, This Is An Anime-Only Fourm And Of Course, Since This Is ANIME News Network.com, Im Not Going To Tell.....

4KidsTV-Saturdays 8am-12Noon On Your Local FOX Station, Please Visit www.4kids.tv For Showtimes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:09 pm Reply with quote
A lot of the problem comes from the fact that they don't release an unedited version of their shows (except for two, which only got 6 or 9 episodes in total). You're either really dull, or one of those "lets soam forums with advertisements!! Gurella marketting!" types. Wrong place, too.
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:09 pm Reply with quote

Come on. Sending obvious 4Kids employees to advertise your shows on anime forums? How low can you go?
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:40 pm Reply with quote
CanSomebodySayMedic wrote:
4KidsTV-Saturdays 8am-12Noon On Your Local FOX Station, Please Visit www.4kids.tv For Showtimes

No.

Are you saying you like 4Kids? If so, stay the hell away from me... and pretty much everyone here.

And IMO, I don't care if I'm disrespecting their shows. I could care less about One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh TMNT, and Sonic. And most people aren't disrespecting the shows; they're disrespecting the terrible company that believes anime should be butchered. If you think we're disrespecting One Piece by saying "SANJI'S DUB VOICE SOUNDS LIKE A DRUNK COP WHO GOT RAPED BY A SURFER WHILE EATING A DONUT" then you're wrong.

*Don't ask where I got that David Moo insult. But we all know his voice is horrendous.

And that Italian show they have is W.I.N.X. What, did you think we didn't know?
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Yashouzoid wrote:

Come on. Sending obvious 4Kids employees to advertise your shows on anime forums? How low can you go?

If this is an employee...then wow. You call this advertising?

Someone's losing their job Monday morning. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Haru to Ashura wrote:
Yashouzoid wrote:

If this is an employee...then wow. You call this advertising?

Someone's losing their job Monday morning. Laughing

Alot forums advertisements are going exetremely bad... I've seen in other forums people yelling at the fans to go here and there and everywhere...over crap mind you and they weren't being respectiful about it. But point is 4kids does edit there shows badly and don't have an unedited version which drives me angry. And I hate the sonic show because it boring and has no story that I can respect or relate to or even find the slightest amount of interest to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:03 am Reply with quote
Did Bandai also whore out little kids to spam forums for the Cowboy bebop Movie as well? I think 60 Minutes did a segment on that called "Viral Marketing" a few years back.
remember love

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:31 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
Did Bandai also whore out little kids to spam forums for the Cowboy bebop Movie as well? I think 60 Minutes did a segment on that called "Viral Marketing" a few years back.

Wouldn't surprise me but I wouldn't understand why..Bandai should know of how popular the show was and that they movie would of been taken in quite well. But guess they wanted to try for more. Well it's a way of free advertising and that's better for them but more annoying for us and the people at these websites. Wonder what did 60 minutes say about "viral marketing"?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:36 am Reply with quote
Sony did that. Geneon also did it with Appleseed, but it pissed off too many people so they stopped doing it. The problem is, unless it's really obvious or whatever, it's hard to detect (though you'll always get people going HI! IM NEW HERE. ON THE 27TH SOMETHING COMES OUT! IT WILL BE GREAT! I LOVE IT! ANIMU!")

I'm even thinking ADV might have done it with TAN, not sure though.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:36 am Reply with quote
I have a question that nobody has seemed to ask yet, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THREAD DOING HERE?!
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:07 am Reply with quote
You know, it's been hours and no one has locked it, so I've just never asked. Smile
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:28 am Reply with quote
Sorry, I was busy doing something on a Friday night.

Locked.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:01 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

That was Columbia that had hired a viral marketing team for the Bebop movie.

I don't remember any other anime companies hiring "stealth marketers," althought they do engage in viral marketing.

I don't have much of an issue with viral marketing, it's just the stealth stuff that's lame...

-t
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1