• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Rurouni Kenshin Anime Green-Lit

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eevaleena

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:22 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Personally I;d want a remake of the ENTIRE series more than just adding in the Jinchu arc, and that would honestly make more sense, but I suppose I;m cool either way.

If they did that, it'll be awesome too. I'm open to any of it. But, Jinchuu arc is a must Wink
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:26 am Reply with quote
Now can we get the Jinchu arc and pretend Season 3 never happened?
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:37 am Reply with quote
Obviously I would prefer something like Brotherhood, a complete remake that follows the manga closer with higher production values, but I don't know how well that would go off. I mean I don't want to see someone try to remake the entire thing than cancel it before they get to the stuff never animated.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:44 am Reply with quote
This is kind of funny, but another site had a bunch of people talking about how awesome it would be if Kenshin got a revisit. And this news pops up? The timing couldn't be better in my book. As for what we could see out of this development is pretty much one of three things.

1. Animated version of Jinchu arc. I somehow doubt if they go down this route, as they would be better served redoing the whole story for the sake of newer fans. Which leads me to number 2...

2. Do a complete redo of the story. This would either be done as a brand new TV series, or a three part compilation movie set that takes out the filler material that bogged down the show and give us a manga faithful version.

And now for the dark horse candidate,

3. Animate the fight between Kenshin and Yahiko's children for the sakaboto. It would kind of work if the new work was a one shot.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:59 am Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:

3. Animate the fight between Kenshin and Yahiko's children for the sakaboto. It would kind of work if the new work was a one shot.

That would only work if Watsuki made it as something of a short sequel then the adapted it to anime. I don't want a repeat of Reflections where everyone is out of character, and it goes against everything that RK tried to accomplish.
atunderdogk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:02 am Reply with quote
I'm really excited about this and that I'm not the only one who squealed reading this news. I'm with everyone else in hoping this is at least the Jinchu arc. But if they re-did the entire series (a la Brotherhood), it would be nuts. I think Kenshin has aged fairly well, but my god, the animation would be gorgeous.

Regardless, whatever it is, new Kenshin = automatic win.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:14 am Reply with quote
I thought this day would never come!
It would make sense to make this a brand new series, starting from scratch.
Older anime fans maybe familiar with the series and story, but there are SO many new fans out there that have probably never seen the series before.
In that aspect, it would make sense, as it would enable a larger viewing audience, since naturally, they will have Kenshin fans watching whatever they do.
Either way, brilliant news.
Nice to get the OVA's on BD as well.
Kenruyoh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:41 am Reply with quote
atunderdogk wrote:

Regardless, whatever it is, new Kenshin = automatic win.

I really agree to this statement. But still I need to read the manga beforehand to understand this Revenge Arc [have not read a single chapter], even though I watched the Anime/Movie/OVAs many times before.

But I would really like to see the upcoming anime with the revenge arc since its only a flashback in the reflection OVA, and it would gather all of the old fans back who were a bit disappointed on season 3 of the series [myself is not included]. Very Happy
momomochi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:42 am Reply with quote
Hell yes!!!! I seriously hope it's in Watsuki's art style and not the OVA's. I also hope it takes a different route from Samurai X: Reflection because that to me was just disappointing.
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:44 am Reply with quote
I little late considering the series ended in 1999, but still quoting M. Bison "YES! YES! THIS IS DELICIOUS!" Very Happy
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:44 am Reply with quote
Interesting news..seems the remakes continue for popular past animated titles..a nice trend.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:57 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, awesome! First a new anime project of Berserk is coming, and now Kenshin?! Great news! Hope they come out with more info on this soon!
Brass2TheMax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:18 am Reply with quote
This is the best news ever! My life is complete.
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:35 am Reply with quote
Whether this is Jinchu or an original adventure like what Trigun got with its movie, I'll be very happy. I just hope it gets brought over; doesn't seem like Media Blasters is in a position to get it done these days.
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:42 am Reply with quote
One word:

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 13