• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tempted by spoilers?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bahamut623

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm tempted often , but I don't got out looking for them or anything. I usually just stumble upon them when I'm looking for pictures or somethign from that show. There are some shows that I absolutely try my best to not spoil for myself. But it sucks when you go to a forum and you see a topic that kind of implies a spoiler and gives it away.
Kouji

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:01 am Reply with quote
I hate spoilers. Back in my newbie days, I used to go read spoilers for almost every anime I watched, but I think doing so dulled the experience for me some. Nowadays I try to avoid spoilers like the plague. After all, part of the fun of watching anime is trying to guess what's going to happen and then you end up being completely surprised by a plot twist. I can't stand it when somebody accidentally gives away a spoiler without any warnings because then I no longer see any point in watching that anime. I mean, what's the point of watching something when you already know everything that's going to happen? Of course, there are some expections where somebody accidentally told me a spoiler and I still watched the anime anyway because I was really obessesed with seeing it, but I still prefer to not read spoilers.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Urb'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:07 am Reply with quote
I'll read spoilers because im so forgetful anyways, sometimes i will scan thru episodes figuring out if i seen them, but i wont remember those scenes when i watch the episode outright.. im useless at names so it could be anyone in the anime.. no different for me than a trailer.
Ramadahl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:02 pm Reply with quote
If I don't know which series a spoiler is relating to I'll probably take a chance and read it (thus spoiling Wolfs Rain and FMA Mad ), but generally I'm not tempted. I'd much rather just find out for myself.
Although I did get stung by an Answerman column (I think) - it had a spolier relating to the Fruits Basket manga, but as I was up to date with buying the releases I thought I'd be ok. Turned out it was a spoiler from recent scanlations Crying or Very sad .
-gecko-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I'm a sucker for spoilers! I admire folks here that use the spoiler tags but I always read them anyway; it doesn't ruin the viewing for me because I'll either forget about it by the time I get around to seeing a particular title or I'll want to see the way it lead up to that point anyway.

I rarely ever go by what other people say about a title, unless it's a mass majority consensus when I choose an amine. If it's recommended, I'll look into it.

What I don't like is when spoilers are blatently given away without spoiler tags in the forums! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2