• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Storia Della Arcana Famiglia Blu-Ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:30 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I love when people make blanket statements liks this. First of all, show me your evidence of this. And no, the opinions of your "anime club" or anectdotal evidence doesn't count.
Anime club? Who the hell do you think I am?

I was around when both shows were airing and I can tell you that out of the two Chuunibyou garnered A LOT more discussion everywhere I went both during and after its run. Why am I even being asked to prove this? No one talks about Arcana Famiglia.

Quote:
Also, a lot more factors go into the decision on dubbing a show than just how many people like it.
So you're saying that if OniAi got a dub and Titan got the sub only treatment there's absolutely no way I can make any criticism because I don't work for Funimation?

Last edited by SquadmemberRitsu on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:39 pm Reply with quote
If the From the New World dub isn't perfect then I will be peeved as they will have squandered the 2+ months that they will have had prior to the release. There would also be some serious irony as Chris Ayres is a self-proclaimed perfectionist. That said, I-tragically-don't expect all that much from Chris Ayres as a dub director.

...it continues to grate on my nerves that Sentai hasn't made a commentary track in ages, and has yet to release one featuring Chris Ayres as a director. Sentai elevated Chris Ayres to a major director and his approach is quite different from that of the other directors. This is something worth telling us about but yet Sentai has left us in the dark about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3