• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Is this how lose the term misogyny has become? A woman in a bikini? Jesus Christ. Rolling Eyes

Like usual you possess no idea what you're talking about.

This has nothing to do with a girl in a bikini and everything to do with "I made her sexy to sell the game". Which is misogyny at its finest.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"When you realize the reason for her exposure, you will be shamed by your words and deeds"
Well then I'm so happy he undermined whatever his intent was by talking about how she was designed for commercial reasons.

There better be good reasons as to why a sniper in the middle east is wearing a bra and ripped stockings. The bra fine(it's hot), but ripped stockings. Come on.
Quote:
Are you purposely ignoring Chico's role in the events and what effect it has on him or what? Chico was raped too. Please don't tell me this is some kind of "men can't get raped" double standard thing. "Oh well he doesn't count LOL"
He is forced to rape her yes, but nowhere did I say men can't be raped. What I said is this a cheap thing done because Paz is a woman and women get raped. It's done purely for shock value without any real meat behind it. It really is done for shock value because by his own admission, MGS5 is his devil game. The game thats supposed to tackle taboo things and shock people. So in order to do that he puts in rape, but instead of having Paz be able to reflect on it, he blows her up. So well get nothing from her and it will just be this thing we put in as a cheap ploy. MGS is not a realistic military series. Paz was a secret agent for the secret organization that runs america who posed as a Costa Rican kid. To have a character that was so silly go to such a dark place for no reason dosen't strike me as a good thing. And really Kojima's use of rape is solely used because she's a woman and he dosen't know what else to do with her.

Quote:
As for why, well, if 'Skullface is crazy' isn't enough of a reason it was also to get what we wanted and to force Chico to do what he wanted. Did you even play the game? They pretty clearly explain it all. And I guess his soldiers needing something to do and like it or not POWs tend to be how soldiers release their stress.
I clearly played the game as I've posted about it. You also don't understand the question. My why was in regards to why does MGS need this. What does it add and what was the point?

And what a lame in story reason. Because Skullface is crazy. Volgin was a sadist and even then we didn't have to have him force rape on somebody. Because really that just opens up another sleazy technique. Using rape to show how bad our villain is. MGS already crafted villains by showing them be bad by such ridiclous ways. Why did we need them to do this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote
I think $30 is somewhat reasonable for a game of this length. Honestly, I was willing to pay full price just because it is Metal Gear. This series was what showed me games could be a viable storytelling medium. Kojima has yet to let me down on this series yet ( although I still haven't played Peace Walker).

Edit- I don't particularly mind, but talking about what happens to Paz and Chico might be considered spoilers. Dave kept it fairly ambiguous in his review, but some posters are getting into specifics.
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:48 am Reply with quote
For those people who complain about the whole "Paz with a bomb in her nether parts" thing, let me tell you guys something: It's not the first time someone though about putting a weapon inside a woman's intimates.

In the Queen's Blade Rebellion's Illustrated Stories (the official canon from the original gamebooks, NOT from the animated adaptation) Melona (impersonating as Ymir) put a dildo-like device inside Mirim's vagina for powering her armor. Unlike many of the fanservicier things that happens in that franchise, this was played for partly for drama and partly for portraying Melona is a complete monster in that continuity. On the other hand, in the animated adaptation this was changed with a less offensive scenario.

Maybe Kojima is a hidden QB's fan Rolling Eyes
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:47 am Reply with quote
*sigh*

It would be nice if Kojima could find something resembling a happy medium. Like, I'm not at all sorry to see his games get a bit more serious. I could really do without some of the really stupidly juvenile stuff he seems to insist on tossing in there. Yeah, it's always been over the top and at least a little corny. But a recurring sub-plot about a soldier who poops his pants? I mean, really? But that said, getting all super dark is really no better. This sounds, at best super juvenile in its own right, an immature person's idea of what is mature, and at worst just really exploitative and gross.
Alunimus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:54 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

Yeah man, standing up for misogyny is truly a respectable thing and totally cool!

You're pathetic.
"Oh, look, his opinion differs from mine! I need to throw bad words at him! FOR WYMYNS SAKE!". Now who's the pathetic one?
Otaking09

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:01 am Reply with quote
With all I've seen and heard, I hope to the great Gamer gods Kojima doesn't stoop to Urobutcher-class shock factor BS.

I'll just pretend Ground Zeroes is like Burial at Sea Episode 1 and assume Episode 2 will remedy everything.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:49 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
*sigh*

It would be nice if Kojima could find something resembling a happy medium. Like, I'm not at all sorry to see his games get a bit more serious. I could really do without some of the really stupidly juvenile stuff he seems to insist on tossing in there. Yeah, it's always been over the top and at least a little corny. But a recurring sub-plot about a soldier who poops his pants? I mean, really? But that said, getting all super dark is really no better. This sounds, at best super juvenile in its own right, an immature person's idea of what is mature, and at worst just really exploitative and gross.
He did at one point.

It was called MGS3.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:52 am Reply with quote
What a dour, even depressing review to read. Not only is there more-in depth-than-I-expected commentary on the tapes (which has unfortunately led me to spoiling myself of much of what Konami hasn't already spoiled about Ground Zeroes,) but even indictments of the prospective future of this franchise. Reading about GZ's story content and the criticisms of it have been really sad and hard to stomach, as I've loved this series ever since I was formally introduced to it via The Twin Snakes around 2006 and have played every canon Metal Gear game (save for Portable Ops and MGS for the PS1). The lack of greatly developed story and the overall content doesn't really dissuade me from waiting on an even further discount on the game.

As I originally read this review several hours ago, I've spent quite a bit time reflecting on it and have tried to find possible rationalizations for why such-and-such happened in GZ the way they did, somehow without spoiling myself completely. I mean, having found myself in near-total acceptance of MGS's heavy drama along with all its crazy, it was hard to imagine that Kojima could be so grossly un-compassionate.
Quote:
There's no apparent empathy behind these tapes, just a hunger and a lust for cruelty. To visit multiple rapes and other violations upon a character purely to forward the main character's development doesn't seem like Metal Gear's style. Metal Gear's track record is not blemish free, but it's certainly never been as blatant as this. This isn't a commentary on the suffering of Guantanamo prisoners, it's a power-fantasy about the no-holds-barred hero that gets to go in and beat up all the bad guys. When the prisoners get punished it isn't putting their struggle on compassionate display, it's using it to amp up the main character's angst.

I've hoped to even see a few counter-arguments and reviews that try to justify certain story elements, ones that don't devolve to utter misogyny or "lol feminism." With such viewpoints, I could try to understand myself why Kojima might've gone this route for other than shock value, because it *is* hard for me to believe that he would broach something like rape *just* for shock value. However, I've had little-to-no luck in that search; the reviews and articles I see that *do* praise the game overall either don't mention the grisly stuff at all or also find it irredeemably reprehensible from all angles.

Thus, I recently succumbed and decided to listen to the (most?) controversial tape,"spoiler[Chico's Tape 4]" (http://youtu.be/e6GttoXfHcI?t=6m36s), to see for myself. While little was spared in the audio recording and it remains questionable-at-best if rape should've had a place GZ at all.... considering the subject matter and context, I felt it was more carefully handled than not. (Or do other tapes help add up to a more immature handling that others feel this to be?) Admittedly, I attribute much of my viewpoint to the performances given by Paz's and Chico's Vas, which are nothing if not meant to invite compassion and numbing sadness at what happens in the tapes. (I know I felt that way, with no 'power fantasy' involved.)

Speaking of audio tapes, I felt it was a bit unfair for the review to specifically bring up the tape that went over Paz's "quasi-lesbian awakening" while not saying that it was one of ten of Paz's "Diary Tapes" that actually did make it into Ground Zeroes. Most of those tapes honestly do flesh out her true character in a more normal manner, spoiler[developing her growing attachment to the Mother Base crew before she becomes the true final boss of Peace Walker]. When I first read the review, I thought that "quasi-lesbian awakening" tape was one of the only Paz Diary tapes that carried over from Peace Walker-- which, if it was, then yes, I'd wholly agree on the tapes that directly concern Paz in GZ being disrespectful, especially when "having [the quasi-lesbian awakening tape] accessible from the same menu as the stuff depicting graphic violence"-- but as I discovered later online, that wasn't the case.

-----
And a note or two on the more silly aspects that seem to be missing in Ground Zeroes:
Quote:
There's very little of that [infectious cheesiness] here. Where is the cardboard box? Given that this is a follow-up to Peace Walker, where is the tank-shaped cardboard box that fires concussive shells? Instead of a radar Snake has a pair of binoculars for marking targets and that's bit too Far Cry 3, isn't it?

If it's any comfort, Kojima's said a couple times already that cardboard boxes will be coming back to MGSV (most recently, I think, here: http://www.hybridgames.co.uk/metalgearsolid/mgs5/news/will-include-cardboard-boxes-in-some-form/) As for a radar? Uh, haven't we largely gone without a soliton radar since MGS3? My memory playing recent MGS games might be a bit hazy, but I only remember radar being a more optional tool of sorts (instead of having a near-constant onscreen presence in MGS1&2) that I ended up not using all that much.

Rahxephon91 wrote:
Quote:
"When you realize the reason for her exposure, you will be shamed by your words and deeds"

Well then I'm so happy he undermined whatever his intent was by talking about how she was designed for commercial reasons.

There better be good reasons as to why a sniper in the middle east is wearing a bra and ripped stockings. The bra fine(it's hot), but ripped stockings. Come on.

(More context + added quotations to that "you will be ashamed of your words and deeds" quote from Kojima, btw)

I think it's quite possible that Quiet's ripped stockings/pantyhose might've not stemmed from anything voluntary, but are some result gotten from her spoiler[undergoing electrical torture] as shown in the MGSV Red Band trailer. Guess I thought it was only natural to theorize that she was being held prisoner by Ocelot/Kaz but then ended up escaping confinement or something with just the clothes on her back + a sniper rifle. Am fairly sure some other people have thought the same thing. But, of course, that may not be the case in the story...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:38 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Because really that just opens up another sleazy technique. Using rape to show how bad our villain is.

I don't agree that's 'why' he did it, but if it was, how is that any different than showing how bad the villain is by having them kill or torturing people or other evil things?

Quote:
Volgin was a sadist and even then we didn't have to have him force rape on somebody.

spoiler[Volgin regularly raped Eva with his 'hentai play' which is why she has all those burn scars on her body. Meryl got raped too in the first MGS game too if you failed the torture mini game.]

Animerican14 wrote:
I've hoped to even see a few counter-arguments and reviews that try to justify certain story elements, ones that don't devolve to utter misogyny or "lol feminism." With such viewpoints, I could try to understand myself why Kojima might've gone this route for other than shock value, because it *is* hard for me to believe that he would broach something like rape *just* for shock value. However, I've had little-to-no luck in that search; the reviews and articles I see that *do* praise the game overall either don't mention the grisly stuff at all or also find it irredeemably reprehensible from all angles.

Why does it have to be labeled at all? Why can't a game just have rape in it like any other incident? Calling it out implies there's this magical rulebook on how things have to be written when there isn't. We're so accepting of blood, guns, gore, violence, and murder in America but it's the inclusion of rape that makes people start asking questions. I don't really see the seperation or the intent and treat them all equally. It's in there because.. that's what he wanted to do with the story. That's really all the justification that needs to be said when we're dealing with fictional stories and artistic visions.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:55 am Reply with quote
Mister Ryan Andrews wrote:
. spoiler[ Meryl got raped too in the first MGS game too if you failed the torture mini game.]
I don't remember that being said in the game. It was implied that she was spoiler[tortured] but it was never suggested that she was spoiler[raped].
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:59 am Reply with quote
Quote:
spoiler[Volgin regularly raped Eva with his 'hentai play' which is why she has all those burn scars on her body. Meryl got raped too in the first MGS game too if you failed the torture mini game.]
Those are subtly implied and easily ignored compared to here's a recording of it. Even in MGS3's case its clear Eva "allows" it in order to stay undercover and give into Volgin. In fact it's not even clear if it involves penetration in Eva's case. Volgin likes torture, body torture. For all we know he simply likes to inflict pain on her(it is on her back) and it has nothing involving intercourse.

I don't even know what you're talking about with Meryl other then it implies she will die. Either way it dosen't say in your face she's being raped which is the huge difference.

Quote:
I don't agree that's 'why' he did it, but if it was, how is that any different than showing how bad the villain is by having them kill or torturing people or other evil things?
There is a big difference between the over the the top violence and the deception of super villains and the use of rape to show how bad a character is. Rape is not a simple subject. Fantasy violence is hardly in the same ballpark. You clearly know this, but you want to push the subject and argument in how equal or unequal they are. I'm not sure why.

Either way if it's not to show how bad Skullface is. Then what is it there for? To show that MGS5 is darker and more serious? So Kojima has used rape in a cheap way to make his series seem more serious? Thats still tacky. What is it there for? To make MGS5 more realistic? Again, why? Why does MGS need to be serious? Why does it need to be realistic when it's always done well with it's military fantasy feel? Why is this a good thing and when did MGS earn the write to attempt serious storytelling? It sure hasn't been in the last two games.

Quote:
Why does it have to be labeled at all? Why can't a game just have rape in it like any other incident? Calling it out implies there's this magical rulebook on how things have to be written when there isn't. We're so accepting of blood, guns, gore, violence, and murder in America but it's the inclusion of rape that makes people start asking questions. I don't really see the seperation or the intent and treat them all equally. It's in there because.. that's what he wanted to do with the story. That's really all the justification that needs to be said when we're dealing with fictional stories and artistic visions.
Because a game can't even treat violence in a serious matter. And you want video games to tackle a subject that unlike violence has never reached any level of acceptance? Of course people have less of a problem with fantasy violence. Why you want to make this an american issue I'm not sure(actually I have an idea why). Rape isn't cool anywhere. Fantasy violence on the other hand dosen't have that stigma, because people like to see action. People don't like to see rape, because rape has no positives to it. You can't romanticize rape. You can't turn rape into a positive. You can turn violence into a positive. Heroes have to engage in violence for the greater good ect. No one rapes anyone for the greater good. People rape others for evil means. It is never a good thing. So for you to want to put them on equal grounds makes no sense what so ever.

Rape is a serious subject and always will be. You can't equate violence to rape, because violence is such a different beast compared to rape. It should be treated in a serious matter and I sure can't see a a commercial action game made to make money doing that. Not when it also treats violence in a cartoon matter.

Especially not MGS based on previous games. Especially now after seeing how it basically treated it as nothing but another plot point.

Last edited by Rahxephon91 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:21 am Reply with quote
^Just to play devil's advocate, I think the despicable nature of it is the point. I kind of like it sometimes when a story makes me uncomfortable and unsettled. I watched the scenes in question and they are definitely disturbing, but the fact that it evokes a reaction (even if it's revulsion) makes it interesting. I say this as someone who has never known a victim of rape. It is quite possible I would feel differently if I did.
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:42 am Reply with quote

Why does it have to be labeled at all? Why can't a game just have rape in it like any other incident?

Because most of us aren't sociopaths.

I don't really see the seperation or the intent and treat them all equally.

This is not something to be proud of (and I don't mean the spelling error).

It's in there because.. that's what he wanted to do with the story. That's really all the justification that needs to be said when we're dealing with fictional stories and artistic visions.

I don't think you understand what fiction is. Fiction is not a magical write-off that everything is always right because it's fiction. Works of fiction live and die based on how they treat everything from setting, to characters, to how they portray events that happen in real life. Things don't exist in a vacuum. Especially so when you explicitly make a story about things like war and its effect on the human condition. So yes, he has every right to include rape because he feels like it, but that same right applies to the audience to call him out on a tasteless use of it. If his vision is messed up then it's a good idea for someone to tell him to get a pair of glasses, or, hell, let him keep believing whatever and hope we end up with a videogame version of The Room and see how the champions of "artistic vision" will handle it.

That aside, your lame pseudo-intellectual self-enlightenment bullshit that everything is always as it should be has no place in a discussion about storytelling, life, emotion, or damn near any topic actually.

Rahxephon91 wrote:
People don't like to see rape, because rape has no positives to it. You can't romanticize rape. You can't turn rape into a positive. You can turn violence into a positive. Heroes have to engage in violence for the greater good ect. No one rapes anyone for the greater good. People rape others for evil means. It is never a good thing. So for you to want to put them on equal grounds makes no sense what so ever.

Very well said. I sadly think this same logic is on some level understood by those that simply inject rape into a story for shock value, but twist it to fit their ego. They understand that no one wants to see it so therefore they pull mental gymnastics as to why it must be included. Imagine a writer thinking, "How do I make this villain bad? What does no one like? Oh, right! RAPE! No one can like them now!" And then giving them-self a pat on the back. It's lazy, irresponsible, and absolutely worthy of being criticized.
Kakugo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:40 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
He just admitted that what they were doing was the complete opposite of artistically driven, but actually completely exploitative. We should applaud him for this?

We could applaud him for his honesty, at the very least?

The inclusion of the goofy, tongue in cheek Peace Walker tapes along with the horrifying new Ground Zeroes content strikes me as the whole point of GZ itself: Kojima's aware of what the franchise has been up until now, but is cutting ties in the levity that defined Peace Walker in the least pleasant way possible. It has to build back up that fourth wall if it can take anything going forward seriously, and for a franchise as inherently ridiculous as Metal Gear Solid, if that's even the goal, it's a surprising one. It might be easy to wave off the whole prologue as dark and brooding just for the sake of it, but if the point is to leave a foul taste in Big Boss - and thus, the viewer's - mouth when the full storyline set nine years later begins, I say mission accomplished.

It's a little frustrating trying to talk about this game as if it's a whole in the first place: For all intents and purposes, judging Metal Gear Solid V by Ground Zeroes alone is like judging a feature film based solely on a trailer. I'm all for discussing what we have seen, but the thematic weight and character development that some of these events have will surely change once The Phantom Pain comes out, and that makes some of this critical analysis - while still justified - incomplete. Just, something to think about before anyone wants to condemn the whole thing without being sure how these controversial discussions impact the full story.

I'm happy to disagree on all this talk about Metal Gear Solid, as a franchise, not having "earned" the right to explore themes like (realistic) torture, rape, and the treatment of Black Site detainees, particularly in the context of everything around it. The scene where we discover Chico's spoiler[Achilles staples] was a shocking, depressing moment, and everything surrounding spoiler[Paz' doomed rescue] isn't any cheerier. Ground Zeroes went out of its way not to include cardboard box shenanigans, crocodile hats and nerdy discussions about rubber monster movies, and while it's fair to criticize Kojima's actual storytelling chops in Ground Zeroes if you feel the need, you can't hold the goofiness of previous titles up in direct comparison here. I'm still pretty "meh" towards the whole thing personally, but even recasting Jack Bauer as Big Boss are all attempts to present a new spin on a familiar universe; a colder, more realistic, "Hollywood" version of the series that's closer in tone to Platoon or The Hurt Locker than previous Bond and Leone inspired games. Sure, Metal Gear has always been kind of kooky and over the top - that's probably why we were given Metal Gear Rising with its talking robot dog sidekick and "perfect disguises". Personally, I fail to see why we can't have both franchises appealing to different ends of the spectrum, and instead demand that it all fall somewhere in the middle like previous efforts.

Fans of Metal Gear will have a lot of baggage with them, no arguments here. But that doesn't mean Ground Zeroes hasn't made every effort to separate itself from those entries. To pick some low hanging fruit, the fact that the Adam West Batman movie exists doesn't mean Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy can't also exist as a separate and thematically distinct entry. The result here is a bit Grimdark, I admit, but it doesn't seem like it's pulling these things out of its snake hole without a purpose: Kojima has always had a fascination with torture, and this time he's exploring what that would look like in a much more realistic way, and implying that likable characters have had terrible things done to them just to establish that the universe isn't f**king around has, again, been something going all the way back to MGS on the original Playstation.

I can almost understand people not taking to the more extreme ends of the hidden tapes well, but to deny that any AAA game even attempting to explore the theme of rape and the strain it puts on the survivors is something I can't remember having seen be so much as discussed before in this medium [outside of eroge, which is... another discussion entirely], and unless games try to explore it in narratives where it makes sense, they'll never have the chance to be mature. No controversial subject forms in art without experimentation and controversy; it took a lot of I Spit on Your Grave's and Savage Streets' before someone had the courage and understanding of using sexual assault against the viewer and could make something like Irreversible. Kojima's hardly the most sensitive or subtle guy out there, but at least he's trying to cover very real world concerns in a medium that's still, in many ways, not allowed to reach the level of depth you find in film, books, comics or even television. Boundaries have to be tested, and where appropriate, broken. If literally hiding those themes as optional items in the game the player can skip is still "too much" to be justified, then video games really won't be fine art, simply because they'll never have the chance to even try to explore ideas outside of the simplistic militant-violence-as-pornography that makes up the majority of the "big" narrative titles these days.

Besides, I'm not convinced that what we've seen is what it is and nothing more, considering how convoluted this franchise gets: spoiler[The various MGSV trailers have shown flaming whales and unicorns, perhaps implying that someone in XOF is capable of manipulating people into hallucinations involving fire. Could Paz' death all be a crazy illusion? Hell, is Quiet actually just Paz with some kind of experimental OctoCamo fused to her skin, justifying her next-to-naked outfit that can be cast off at a moment's notice? Sure, it's a stretch, but... hey, this is Hideo Kojima we're talking about. Quiet COULD just be Chico post gender reassignment surgery, and it still wouldn't be quite as stupid as possessed limb transplants...]

For what it's worth, I really liked Ground Zeroes, even with the limitations of the PS3 version*. The controls are much more intuitive than anything else in the series, Camp Omega packs more nuance and hiding spots than I could ask for, and I found the guards' AI more than a bit unforgiving... then again, I suck at stealth games, despite generally liking them. It's fun, it's well designed, and the sheer multitude of options the game gives you for a relatively straight-forward mission gives it a lot of replay value that has nothing to do with the bonus missions.

The length itself isn't that disappointing - a friend of mine who's played through Snake Eater several times still took about 75 minutes, even with me guiding him to a particular objective (hey, it was late!). The length is less damning than the actual structure, which feels woefully incomplete, even if I took over two hours exploring on my first run-through. The story could have easily segued into a boss battle, or even a brief, overwhelming set piece at spoiler[Mother Base] and that probably would have helped make it feel like a legit, complete stand alone experience - as it stands, it's a prologue that doesn't really build to a big cliff hanger, it just... sets everything up and then ends with a bang. Maybe I'd be more forgiving if I hadn't seen seen 90% of the story reveals in the lengthy 2013 "Red Band" trailer... but whatever. This is far more about the gameplay than it is the cinematic angle, particularly when compared to MGS4.

Kojima has explicitly said that splitting Ground Zeroes from the "full" game was never his big idea, and it shows. As chapter one of a larger game it promises a lot, but with Phantom Pain at least a year away, I'm left severely wanting. Had it been priced a bit closer to similar stand alone story based DLC - maybe $15~20 for the PS3/360, and $20~25 for the PS4/XB1, with staggered pricing for digital vs downloadable copies - I'd say it was worth the asking price, no questions asked. What we got was great stuff, there just isn't quite enough of it to justify the price, no matter how many times you decide to replay it.

* Played this at a friends house. I'll give Konami $30 when I actually have a PS4 to play this on at 1080p/60fps, and not a second before. Maybe that's shallow, but hey, if I'm going to be over-charged for a sample of a larger game without so much as a release date for the main course, the least I can do is make sure I'm paying for console tech-porn.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6