• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Riddle Story of Devil (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
junmaedaisjesus wrote:
And kudos to spoiler[Haru for finally stepping up. Hanabusa's fall was surreal.]

Well I finally saw something I have been waiting to see, there. The robo-sexy girl seemed nearly invincible and spoiler[Haru managed to take her out with her own skills. Where has she been all this time?]

It was a sort of odd diversion to have Takachi show up like that. I'm not sure what the point is, but it was fun seeing Takachi realize sspoiler[he was in really deep shit when Nio found her]. I wonder what will happen to her but I bet it won't be nice.

I think the point was to show us that the people who fail in their assassination attempts aren't killed. It was actually bothering me for a while so I'm glad this episode kind of set that issue to rest.

By the way are we sure Tokaku isn't some kind of sturdy superhuman? I don't know how in earth she could have survived a terminator girl throwing a giant chandelier at her full force Shocked
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:33 am Reply with quote
I'm assuming Tokaku is going to find out some information that will switch her from guardian to assassin. I can't imagine that she and Haru aren't going to go toe-to-toe at some point. Speculating further, I think Haru will win the encounter, but be unable to make the killing blow, then the two will re-align and go after whomever is pulling the strings in the background. I guess Nio will take her shot before that all happens, though.
junmaedaisjesus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Anxious to see what will become of spoiler[Haru vs. Azuma] and whether or not spoiler[Nio will take a shot (it seemed to be her letter on the podium in the initiation scene)]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:51 pm Reply with quote
There were a lot of hints dropped already about Haru so I wasn't too surprised by some of the info dump in episode 11.

But yeah, I'm curious to see what will happen soon since spoiler[Azuma just declared her card on Haru.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:01 am Reply with quote
Just 3 students in the class left.
Only 1 threat left. Or is it just one?
spoiler[Nio] extended an interesting invitation.
The one no one could refuse at this point.
That spoiler[orientation] sure was interesting.
So spoiler[Haru wasn't what she seemed at all.
All of it was just a huge deception.
No wonder Azuma got her feelings hurt.]

Guess spoiler[Haru] is delusional about her position.
There aren't many choices at her disposal..
This episode felt like it was the final one, but the ending sure changed that.
Interesting turn of events, but not unexpected.
Great episode!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I'm not so confident about my prediction I made last week. I now think there is a good chance that Haru will sacrifice herself for Azuma to "prove" that she wasn't manipulating her either consciously or subconsciously. I think this is also likely because Haru doesn't want to be clan leader and there doesn't seem to be a way to escape that role and still live.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:13 pm Reply with quote
The best thing in this anime is Mio's ability to change her teeth from square to triangles.

Haru: can someone do something with her hair? Gives me a headache to look at it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

What a twist! Not the revelation of spoiler[Haru, but that Tokaku will now try and kill her in a way to herself not manipulated]? I really need to see the conclusion.

And I have finally allowed myself to like Nio, who has actually been a pretty interesting character through the run.

Actually, crazy and probably wrong theory time, we are being tricked. That spoiler[is not Tokaku but actually Nio disguised as Tokaku, she chose this time, place, and appearance because she figured it would be the most likely way to win]. After all, most spoiler[of the assassins have had a gimmick, no one has been a master of disguise, we don't know Nio's, and how did Tokaku know where to go]?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:02 am Reply with quote
Actually, it's not a bad theory, DP. However, my assumption is that it really is Tokaku because I've been expecting this pretty much from day one. It's story-telling logic. If you have a premise where one girl is going to help defeat 11 other assassins and the season doesn't end with the defeat of the 11th assassin, then there is almost no other narrative option but to have that girl fight the one she was protecting.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:59 am Reply with quote
Yeah I'm really doubting Nio disguised herself like that. Is she did she's a VERY good actor. I think we can assume that Nio might be manipulating this fight though since her ending song somewhat hints at her being the "Queen".
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:17 pm Reply with quote
#12 Final

spoiler[Azuma vs Haru!
Didn't expect Azuma to turn on Haru.
Of course she wouldn't.
Damn, that was some ploy!
Color me impressed.
Nio had an interesting way of assassination.
Things turned out weird in the end.
It was a bitter victory...
The very end was kinda nice though.
This was a solid final episode.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale:

Wow. I don't even know what to say. Yet, the show had some memorable episodes but not for the finale. In the end, they went with spoiler[a happy ending and everyone survived.]

spoiler[Nio's revelation doesn't surprise me as the imposter for some reason. I'm rating this so-so for there were some episodes that I did really enjoy but unfortunately, this was not one of them imo.]

Note: there's an episode 11.5 or something coming soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Wow. I don't even know what to say. Yet, the show had some memorable episodes but not for the finale. In the end, they went with spoiler[a happy ending and everyone survived.]

Yeah. Phooey. It really felt like a cop out.

I liked the animation of the fight scene spoiler[Tokaku vs. Tokaku] -- should have gone on longer.

That spoiler[solo graduation] scene had by far the most memorably weird images of the whole anime. Why would they have a spoiler[separate graduation for just one class] in that huge school anyway? And for what reason was Tokaku spoiler[not there]?
junmaedaisjesus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, that ending was meh.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I rated this show as Decent. It was entertaining enough. I didn't mind how things wrapped up. By the way, DP,spoiler[ good call on the Nio disguise speculation!]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8