• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Stay night's 'Heaven's Feel' Route Gets Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Yes!

Now we just need more Carnival Phantasm, and adaptations for the other Tsukihime routes.
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:16 am Reply with quote
Heaven's Feel would be best split into two parts. Three parts would be too dragged out and long, and people would get bored. In fact, I think that with proper pacing, Heaven's Feel could fit into a single movie of just over 2 hours.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:39 am Reply with quote
konqueror wrote:

Why wasn't Archer injured in the movie like he was in the anime?

Are you talking about Archer being spoiler[injured by Saber at the beginning?] Because that doesn't happen in the UBW route. In fact, that's the point of departure between the two routes in the VN.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Little_Hawk wrote:
Heaven's Feel would be best split into two parts. Three parts would be too dragged out and long, and people would get bored. In fact, I think that with proper pacing, Heaven's Feel could fit into a single movie of just over 2 hours.

I think 3 films of 1.5h length would be ideal for that route
konqueror

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
konqueror wrote:

Why wasn't Archer injured in the movie like he was in the anime?

Are you talking about Archer being spoiler[injured by Saber at the beginning?] Because that doesn't happen in the UBW route. In fact, that's the point of departure between the two routes in the VN.

That's what I'm talking about.

The movie never explained that part. Shirou actually used a Command Spell to stop Saber from attacking Archer that time, that's the parting point between Fate and Unlimited Blade Works. And the movie also didn't explain that when Archer tried to kill Shirou at Ryuudo Temple, Rin used another Command Spell on Archer with the order of not attacking Shirou, and that's the reason Archer went to Caster's side, to nullify that Command Spell.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:10 am Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
I am excitedly terrified. Surprised

you might think so, but fans of sakura and rider wont be.

and considering how popular the heaven's feel route is, getting a film version was a no brainer.

though the question is will this film be faithful towards the game,the visual novels or use a combination of both the game and the visual novels. cause there is one thing that is certain there's definitely no way they would make the movie based off the ero game version of heavens feel.

Kruszer wrote:
Yes!

Now we just need more Carnival Phantasm, and adaptations for the other Tsukihime routes.

I definitely wont argue with that. we definitely need the carnival phantasm OVAs to be licensed in the US. and if possibly the sequel of tuskihime , Melty Blood. as much i would like to see its routes be given anime projects , i think it would be great if the sequel got one first. the same with fate hollow ataraxia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Little_Hawk wrote:

Hf does have the least content, especially without the sex scenes, so if any route can fit in one movie hf can. If it comes out near the end of the new anime, they could also probably get away with not doing any of the shared story, but that would make it less stand alone.

I really doubt this will be multiple movies or I think they'd just do a third cour for it instead. Probably will end up just being a single movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3