• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Le Fruit de la Grisaia (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Nice Ferrari.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
So was that car illegal? Its registration plate was empty... and it was left-hand drive for some reason.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:17 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they're using 'Scope as an excuse to animate less.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
So was that car illegal? Its registration plate was empty... and it was left-hand drive for some reason.

Most likely since he said he cleans up the "garbage" so she is a shady person. The car is most likely an import, I don't think Japan makes Ferraris.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
^ I know there are right-hand drive Ferraris and I'd imagine that there are Ferrari car dealers even in Japan since Ferrari is a well known car manufacturer.

*checks internet* Yes there seems to be Ferrari car dealers in Japan. Since they make right-hand drive Ferraris for UK market, I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for Japan.

Anyway I think there was a thread about European cars often being left-hand drive in anime....

Edit: Okay maybe she bought a used car. That is a decade old Ferrari so maybe someone had imported that car years ago.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Before he even gave a spoiler[fake job description] I was thinking that he spoiler[was an assassin], and now it seems totally obvious. The episode gave some focus to characters who were not so big in the first, which is good. Makina seems to have a huge developmental issue, what was the deal with the spoiler[truck]. And Yumiko seems pretty spoiler[paranoid, especially afraid of his gender].

The "nice tsundere" bit was great. But now that they have chibified an attempted box cutter attack, there is not going to be an easy job to make it much more dramatic. It looks like at least one of the girls is very sexually frustrated, it could get rather interesting.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Speaking as someone who played a bit of Grisaia's common route -- about roughly 2 hours into it -- this episode felt a bit rushed to me. It seems as they want to cover every girl and reveal the 'ominous' feeling given off at the end of episode one. I still enjoy the scenes (especially spoiler[Amane's footsie]) that cover each girl but they feel lacking compared to how I read them in the Visual Novel; perhaps it's the lack of Yuuji's internal thoughts but I think it's the rearrangement of scenes that make me feel uncomfortable -- the scene of spoiler[Yumiko researching Yuuji comes later than most of what was covered in this episode and is a point I've yet to reached].

But that aside, the show's still enjoyable for me; I really like Yumiko's interactions with Yuuji (both the anime and VN versions). One thing I really notice from the anime that's different from the source is how the production staff are hinting at character relationships; I never got these senses when I played through the admittedly small progress I've made but I'm liking the subtleties. Though, I feel like the anime spoils things about the VN for me since I'm slowly trudging through the Common Route; I guess I need to make time so I can finish the game before going onto the rest of the trilogy (if and when it comes to the States).
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:
It was an okay episode, a bit more silly than I had expected when they adapted the spoiler[Shark Pouch into the mix. There were some funny scenes of Amane in the beginning and later Michiru outside that could easily be interpreted as something in the wrong way too Laughing]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:34 pm Reply with quote
What was all that shenanigans with Sachi all about?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
What was all that shenanigans with Sachi all about?

She takes instructions far too seriously, going so far as to travel to Hokkaido in order to get the best milk possible.

While I enjoyed the episode, it did feel like a bunch of unrelated events slapped together.
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Fun episode. That song will not help me run any better. Also Makina is really adorable (well that is her job I suppose..)

But one thing.... does this anime have any point to it. I mean is this going to lead any where. I am enjoying it, but I just can't wrap me head around where this show is supposed to lead.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I certainly hope not, but I'm sure there will be, which will scale the fun level back while raising the eye-rolling drama to 11.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to think about what drinking carbonated milk would be like.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Crusher X303 wrote:

But one thing.... does this anime have any point to it. I mean is this going to lead any where. I am enjoying it, but I just can't wrap me head around where this show is supposed to lead.

Yes. This episode probably was getting through the harem hijinks from the VN, hence why it was basically random scenes. The psychological parts will probably be coming soon, we have already seen a teaser of them in the first episode.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:34 am Reply with quote
I hope that doesn't mean the girls going batshit crazy Higurashi style.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

They were late because spoiler[Amane locked herself in the bathroom]. If we put that into the context of what happened in the previous scene, there is spoiler[a pretty heavy implication of something he thought in the first episode. Well glare says it already started].

The bit about the spoiler[pouch] was very funny, from him spoiler[going dead eyed autopilot, trying to back on it]. Have to give extra credit to Michuru in spoiler[the battle against the cat], I like it when a male lead goes out of his way to do a big consulted joke, kind of makes me think of Yuichi from Kanon. and Makina doing the spoiler[adorable copy thing], and that he seemed unaware that he spoiler[sound pompous]. I liked

About whether there is a point, well it seems really clear that they are all incredibly odd, and it is beyond standard anime tropes. Amane spoiler[went from trying to convince him to date her because she supposedly that she fell at first sight, to asking that they have a big sister / little brother relationship]. It would look like she is incredibly spoiler[desperate for any sort of relationship], and what she said about spoiler[crushing on his was either a lie, or something she wants to believe].

True the episode did feel like a compilation of random scenes, but the spoiler[pouch scene] was funny enough to make me laugh out loud. I liked that it made him the one making the mistake for a little bit. I had to double back for a bit once I realised the second bit was showing how it lead to spoiler[him agreeing to something].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 15