• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Le Fruit de la Grisaia (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, after all that, unless she's the mole Oslo mentioned, I have to believe K-Phone is what she purports to be. I'm not sure this series is quite Machiavellian enough to pull a bait and switch after this episode. I'd be happy to be proved wrong though. Wink
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:12 pm Reply with quote
So, did Sachi look a bit like Wilhelmina Carmel to anyone else when she returned to the house boat with that large backpack?

So yeah, I kept think of Eagle Eye this entire episode. all the crazy things Thanatos had the girls do and unique ways of contacting people is pretty much what ARIIA did in the movie
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:

I have seen the sex scene CGs (I just happened to stumble upon them!) and they don't actually interest me in the slightest (well maybe a little bit, but just a little!).

It's the context of those sex scenes that make it what it is. The stuff they say during it is quite hilarious. Laughing I don't recall the exact context but in Makina's H-Scene, [Obvious VN spoilers about her scene of course] spoiler[they joke about contraceptives and one line Makina says it's too late as she's "being pumped full of babies"]. It's much funnier if you see the actual "story" about the scenes. There's also another scene where Yuuji talks to Yumiko [more H-scene spoilers] spoiler[and asked if she gave him a BJ while he was sleeping.]

But yeah, since the VN on steam is availalbe on steam, I may just pick it up and drag my save files onto it (since I already have the first VN dled a while back). Somebody mentioned that you can patch it but that usually requires downloading the missing content. It worked with If My Heart Had Wings and Nekopara so I may look into it.

As for the actual episode, I don't have anything to contribute.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:22 am Reply with quote
Michiru's day sounded interesting. She is my fave, despite the fact she becomes the butts of jokes. Makina was also good, great that she did not flinch at the toy being a gun but that it was pink.

I wonder if anyone has considered telling Sachi to wear normal clothes?
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:48 am Reply with quote
@EmbraceMe
Good thing to buy it from denpasoft would be that I wouldn't have to make a new Steam account, but then again I don't have a hidden safe anywhere (and it would probably be quite expensive that way) Laughing . I'll just have to wait for a sale and "accidentally" remove my Steam friends.

getchman wrote:
So, did Sachi look a bit like Wilhelmina Carmel to anyone else when she returned to the house boat with that large backpack?

Yeah that had to be a reference to Shana.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:45 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Michiru's day sounded interesting. She is my fave, despite the fact she becomes the butts of jokes.

Would be kinda funny if she's the one who comes out of nowhere and wins Yuuji in the end.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 am Reply with quote
At this point it would be surprising for Yuuji to end up with anyone other than perhaps Amane. They'd have to pull out some sudden revelation out of nowhere that Yuuji actually has feelings towards one of the girls. I'm thinking that we might get an epilogue where Yuuji is in a real relationship with Amane or something. I'm hoping I'm wrong and I probably am.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:02 am Reply with quote
Unless something develops after they rescue him, yeah, he hasn't shown a preference for any of them. But Yumiko is still occupying that main heroine spot so she has the best shot.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:15 pm Reply with quote
@Cam0

Rumors are circulating that the Steam Summer sale begins on June 11th. I'll keep an eye out and mention it in this thread if it does go on sale since I have a few games that I want to purchase.

On the topic of Yuuji's romantic feelings, I think it's clear that he has lingering feelings towards Asako. The characters in show have also stated he has no attachments to the world so, to me, it clarifies that he has no romantic interest in any of the girls (yet). In addition, considering that this season so far is about saving Yuuji, I guess that can lead to some romantic developing but I don't see any of the girls winning over the other since they all play a role in the operation.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Eden episode 8:

I haven't played the VN before but that exceeded my expectations. All the buildup to recuse Yuuji came to this point. From start to finish, this episode hit the roof with the action. I like how almost everyone played a role in this to save Yuuji.

And yeah, that helicopter attack surprised me a little in the second half but I'm glad they managed to survive thanks to a little help.

Curious to see what Kazuki will say to Amane though. I mean, she survived and Amane's reaction is exactly what I would feel if I was her.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know that Sachi was some kind of martial artist. And of course Kazuki's body was usable at a moment's notice. I wonder if there are any repercussions, aside from making certain people angry. How she chuckles and moves her robotic arm in the end is really funny for some reason. All in all it was a great episode if a bit wacky.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:28 pm Reply with quote
*Chomps on cigar* I love it when a plan comes together.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Given all the crazy nonsense they just pulled, a submarine shouldn't have been a surprise, but it was.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:34 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Given all the crazy nonsense they just pulled, a submarine shouldn't have been a surprise, but it was.

But it was awesome, this was like a culmination of everything, that everyone was out to save Yuuji. And banzai, Kazuki is alive.

Special mentions to codenames, there is something I really like too about Makina odd mix of innocent girly and vulgur.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:35 am Reply with quote
It's been in the credits all along, so I was glad to see it finally show up. However, I've watched too many episodes of Mythbusters to swallow the car launch coming off so flawlessly. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 15