• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Le Fruit de la Grisaia (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:37 pm Reply with quote
The ending was kind of how I expected. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly disappointed about Yuuji not choosing a girl in the end, but it was nevertheless a warm, fulfilling ending.

Perhaps by some miracle we'll get a "true" ending in the form of an OVA. Pfft, I doubt it though.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:26 pm Reply with quote
well, that was a pretty fun ride. first half dragged with all that backstory, but it made up for it with all the successive crazy things that happened
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:22 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
That last scene, though... Goddamn it Kazuki, that was beautiful!

Yes, it was an amazing way to finish the series. To reveal spoiler[that Kazuki's hand was actually okay, and she was wearing a toy as a "joke"].

Season 2, Episode 10 (finale)

We got closure, Yuuji faced his demons and he was not allowed to die. And it seemed pretty clear in saying that no one won, which I think was quite fine, which usually I might be against, but this was a story more than some harem ending. It was more than some love tale about a couple coming together as they were all kind of a family.

I am partially in two minds of this series, I really liked what the first season did in terms of the visual novel school setting. But perhaps it is making me miss that this season dared to do something different as it became a story more about the main character and him being the one supported. A gruesome backstory, and both hard to look at it at times and away at others. And we got a happy ending. Although really they are all past high school age now.

For a rating, first I will have to start with Labyrinth which I kind of failed to give a rating of and started off this season, which I will go ahead and say Excellent. We had only small bits of Yuuji's past and this was strong. And for this season, Eden, I rate it as Very good. At the end of the first season I said that it had potential that could be realised in another season, and it kind of did that, although in some ways it was like a totally different show. Really I am happy and placed it a spot that I put the first, and say that it is now a complete package. Grisaia delves into a genre and it takes it to the gritty conclusion with the darkness of humanity, and perhaps because of that and despite having its own time being silly, the light was all the better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 15 of 15