• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Offers Soul Eater Not! Anime on Home Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:51 am Reply with quote
Nice to get an update. Never got around to watching the rest of it. Might be more fun with the dub.

PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
johnnysasaki wrote:
I guess it will be hard for them to get Laura Bailey back,isn't it?she seems too busy and too mainstream to do anime these days...

She came back for Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, so I don't think it will be too much of a problem.

Nice!
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:57 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
johnnysasaki wrote:
I guess it will be hard for them to get Laura Bailey back,isn't it?she seems too busy and too mainstream to do anime these days...

She came back for Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, so I don't think it will be too much of a problem.

oh yeah,well reminded.

but to get her and all of the original cast from soul eater to reprise their roles for NOT? highly unlikely.especially since she's been voicing for Disney / Marvel for the avengers US TV series.

SO unless funi pulls all the stops like what they did to get the old FMA cast to do the Premium OVAs, it is very likely they would make some voiceover changes. which is another problem. its been more than 5-10 years since soul eater. there is a chance that some of the VA wont be able to voice their old roles right.

either way, hopefully is that the dvd sells well enough that the committee would consider having a new soul eater OVA or TV series that is more faithful towards the manga version.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:25 pm Reply with quote
of the 15 Soul Eater characters that appear in NOT, 11 live in Texas, two constantly travel between CA and Texas and while Laura permanently lives in CA and may do voice work for other stuff, she still came back for BoG. The only thing that might be a problem is Niagus's VA, who now lives in Atlanta and is a radio personalty now. the other 14 are still active, so I don't understand how you could possible think getting these people back would be a challenge
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quote
well it definietely was a challenge for the FMA cast. and its as you said, naiguss's VA is in atlanta which might call for a cast change.

also its as i said in the last preview its been years since the original series and while some might fit into their old roles nicely,others wont. it happened with the FMA OVAs when it turned out arron can no longer re-create al's voice, which is why they had whitebeard voiced a' for brotherhood , so there is a high chance there might be some new casting for not.

However, its a pretty given that bailey would do maka and schloud would do evan (soul). the others are a toss up especially blackstar.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2