• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Neptunia Game Features Zombies, Neptune, Blanc

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:14 am Reply with quote
I was really hoping for a Mario style game for Blanc's spin off but I'm totally ok with a zombie game. $5 says it ends up like the Nep L4D mod someone made.
Kyofu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:20 am Reply with quote
Got some typos in there. PS Vita not Vista and it says Blanc + Neptune not Neputina or Neupina Smile

Anyways, Blanc and Neptune fighting zombies? count me in!
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:23 am Reply with quote
Neptune has many games, Nepgear has a game, Noire has a game, and now Blanc has a game (probably). Sure hope Vert gets one someday.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:26 am Reply with quote
Gamindustri has fallen to the zombie scourge, much like the actual game industry. It ought to be a fun romp, though.
Warukyure

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:51 am Reply with quote
Blanc and Zombies...

Wii and Zombies...

OMG ITS ZOMBII U

ITS HERE!

Not really, because Ubisoft isn't here to ruin it... UNLESS *DUN DUN DUNNNNN* Ubisoft/Gamindustri character is final boss!

Probably not, should stop getting ahead of myself.
natchu96

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:14 am Reply with quote
Kyofu wrote:
Got some typos in there. PS Vita not Vista and it says Blanc + Neptune not Neputina or Neupina Smile

Anyways, Blanc and Neptune fighting zombies? count me in!

Well, Re;Birth 1 did have a running gag where nobody from Planeptune can actually say her name properly . . .

But yeah them typos.
SubaruSumeragi22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:43 am Reply with quote
SpeckTech

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:02 am Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:
Gamindustri has fallen to the zombie scourge, much like the actual game industry. It ought to be a fun romp, though.

Only Nintendo's legitimately FUN games can save us now Very Happy
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:59 am Reply with quote
This sounds like Neptunia meets Resident Evil/Left 4 Dead featuring Blanc. Congratulations to Blanc for winning the poll and getting her own game.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:59 am Reply with quote
Not that I'm complaining, but is the flow of Neptunia games ever going to end? I honestly don't know whether IFI should be despairing because of all the stuff they'll eventually have to localise or excited at the prospect of having enough work to stay in business for many years to come.

Speaking of which, I'm impressed with how efficient IFI are. Hopefully we can get a speedy release of the game shortly after the Japanese release like they've done with all the other titles.

Panzer Vor wrote:
Didn't the zombie craze end a few years ago though? They still pop up in a lot of games but it's not nearly as crazy as it was back when Left 4 Dead and Nazi Zombies were all the rage.
SpeckTech

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:12 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Not that I'm complaining, but is the flow of Neptunia games ever going to end? I honestly don't know whether IFI should be despairing because of all the stuff they'll eventually have to localise or excited at the prospect of having enough work to stay in business for many years to come.

Speaking of which, I'm impressed with how efficient IFI are. Hopefully we can get a speedy release of the game shortly after the Japanese release like they've done with all the other titles.

Panzer Vor wrote:
Didn't the zombie craze end a few years ago though? They still pop up in a lot of games but it's not nearly as crazy as it was back when Left 4 Dead and Nazi Zombies were all the rage.

Uh, Dying Light came out recently. The Walking Dead is still a thing. Zombies aren't dead (lol).

But the reveal shows gameplay like Nep U coop. It'll be fun to play with other people in the Nep community some time.
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:49 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Not that I'm complaining, but is the flow of Neptunia games ever going to end?

You should look up the Neverland Saga done by Idea Factory before CH was actually created. They did way more games than Neptune, and the saga may even end up like this (or not, who knows).
gravediggernalk
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
At this point, can I just mail my wallet to NISA (co: Idea Factory)?
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:20 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Not that I'm complaining, but is the flow of Neptunia games ever going to end?

Neptune was voted PlayStation's 4th most popular character of all time. She was beat out only by Toro, Cloud Strife, and Solid Snake. I doubt they'll stop milking the series anytime soon.

SpeckTech wrote:
Didn't the zombie craze end a few years ago though?

No, they're still everywhere. Early access zombie survival games still continue to come out on Steam and remain popular. As funny as it would be to see Neptunia make fun of those, Neptunia's always focused on the Japanese game industry, not the American one, so it's unlikely.

-Stuart Smith
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:21 pm Reply with quote
I don't care too much for Blanc, but I do want a game starring Rom and Ram. Also, I want the Neptunia vs SeHa Girls title.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2