• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan English Dub Reunites Haruhi Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Didn't like half the cast for this. I mean, I LIKE them....just not in these roles. Sounded awkward.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Seriously, way to be a buzz-kill.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:
This is great news.

My guess is they're just going to record at Todd Haberkorn's home studio that they mentioned in the Fairy Tail commentary. Doesn't make sense to fly them all in to Texas.
This is a proper union dub; if anybody's getting flown, it's to LA.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Great news for dub fans to hear that everyone from the original series is coming back to reprise their roles!

I find it strange that Johnny Yong Bosch hasn't been announce being back as Itsuki. Lets hope that he will be back soon and if not, at least Micah Solusod will make yet another funny but suitable replacement for him just fine.
Jedi Master Kirito

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:38 am Reply with quote
Yes! Thanks so much for this excellent news, ANN. Haruhi is one of the first anime I watched as an anime (that is, after I learnt the difference between anime and cartoons (about six years ago now, in the halcyon of my youth)). Resisting the urge to watch the simulcast has been torturous. I was anticipating a very long wait for the dub, and I am not sure I would have bothered watching if they used different actors. I am living in hope that Johnny will return as Koizumi.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Levonr wrote:
This is great news.

My guess is they're just going to record at Todd Haberkorn's home studio that they mentioned in the Fairy Tail commentary. Doesn't make sense to fly them all in to Texas.
What is an union dub? I read somehwere that LA based actors cant work in Texas or something? Aint an Amercian so i wonder.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Polycell wrote:
What is an union dub? I read somehwere that LA based actors can't work in Texas or something? Aint an Amercian so i wonder.

OK, I'll try to explain this as simply as I can. SAG/AFTRA are the unions that actors that so chose belong to. Crispin Freeman and Kari Wahlgren only do SAG-compliant dubs. Texas is a what is called a "right to work" state which means that you can't do a union-only gig in that state(they'd have to open it up to non-union members).

Essentially this dub is out of Los Angeles, with Sabat doing production work in Texas.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:56 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
And there was much rejoicing.

true enough. though no one would blame funi if they had used their own VA considering that outsourcing a dub towards another studio is expensive enough, and outsourcing them no high quality non union studios like Bang Zoom or New Generation when they were doing Ikkitousen XX and Hellsing Ultimate definitely had to have cost funi a crapload of money.

Also from the looks of the cast, it seems that Johnny Young Bosch haven't been reprised for his role which might mean funi might use their own VA instead. definitely wont sit well with some fans if that is the case.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4