• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cyborg 009 Vs. Devilman Anime's Teaser, Staff, Stills Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:59 am Reply with quote
HOLY S***!!!! This looks awesome!!! Oh man please someone pick this up!!! This old gal needs more awesomeness for her shelves. This would be my first 009 feature. More Go Nagai stuff is always welcomed in my house. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SantaBla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Eigengrau wrote:
SantaBla wrote:
This announcement bums me out. I enjoy both Cyborg 009 and Devilman, but I was really hoping that the Devilman anime was going to be the one to properly adapt the manga. They initially announced both series as separate projects.

Wasn't the new Devilman announced as a tv series, while this is a short OVA? Perhaps they're parallel projects?
Anyway, there was already a Devilman/Mazinger Z crossover movie in the 70s, so they might make this work.

No. This is the only project. Previous key visuals were hinting at this. It was never said that Devilman was getting a tv anime. I have no doubt that this OVA series will be fun, but this begs the question, when will Nagai have the balls to get his most prized work animated? Ever since the 2004 live action fiasco, he has been careful with anyone actually wanting to do a 1 to 1 anime adaptation of his manga.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:20 am Reply with quote
SantaBla wrote:
Eigengrau wrote:
SantaBla wrote:
This announcement bums me out. I enjoy both Cyborg 009 and Devilman, but I was really hoping that the Devilman anime was going to be the one to properly adapt the manga. They initially announced both series as separate projects.

Wasn't the new Devilman announced as a tv series, while this is a short OVA? Perhaps they're parallel projects?
Anyway, there was already a Devilman/Mazinger Z crossover movie in the 70s, so they might make this work.

No. This is the only project. Previous key visuals were hinting at this. It was never said that Devilman was getting a tv anime. I have no doubt that this OVA series will be fun, but this begs the question, when will Nagai have the balls to get his most prized work animated? Ever since the 2004 live action fiasco, he has been careful with anyone actually wanting to do a 1 to 1 anime adaptation of his manga.

Personally, it would be nice if Devilman got a reboot in the same vein that Mazinger-Z did with Impact. But the question remains which parts can we use? Do we want the original story or do we want to take on Devilman-G that borrows from every Go Nagai work spinning it into a new concept? Because nowadays that's pretty much where much of his work has gone. It's free to interpret however the studio wants (with his approval I'm sure). But it would be interesting to see a reboot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2