• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon's Misty Already Has Merchandise in the Works

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see a figurine of Roxanne and Winona from Hoenn. Smile
precita

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:51 am Reply with quote
Come to think of it I'm surprised Brendan and May didn't get figures because of ORAS.
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:30 pm Reply with quote
precita wrote:
Misty will probably never appear in the anime ever again, beyond stuff like flashbacks or in Japanese ending themes. She actually hasn't gotten an episode in 10 years since the end of Hoenn. The writers have completely buried the character and allowed her to be forgotten in the same manner Tracey was.

They're pushing Serena's crush on Ash heavily in the XY anime, so I don't think the writers care about Misty or Pokeshipping anymore. Granted they stopped caring about Misty mid-way into Hoenn when they realized they had no reason to ever bring her back after May became popular. Misty hasn't appeared in an episode since 2005 which is now an entire decade ago.

As seen here, Kasumi/Misty will not return as a main character (in the current plans), though there's always potential for a return as a guest appearance. Her character isn't necessarily "buried", as 2-3 years ago, she appeared in-character on Team Rocket's radio show before switching to her voice actress' role.

For the most part, the anime is meant to parallel the games. Rather than simply picking favorites from the past, she's not relevant anymore. It was a surprise that Takeshi even returned in DPPt, let alone in that post-BWS2da! special.
precita

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Well I know that, which is why she hasn't appeared in an episode since 2005, which is now a decade ago. If anything Brock should have been done away with in the anime a lot earlier too, instead of bringing him back for four generations.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2