• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:07 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I'd fully believe she had no knowledge of any of this if it were set 5 years ago. you know, before Daddy left her in the hands of her captors. nothing about her current situation screams sheltered to me. she works on dangerous machinery alone and sleeps in the shed next to it. and in all that time in the school , she never once gossiped with her friends or overheard anything about the subject? sorry, don't buy it

If she received any sex ed in captivity, I'm afraid it would have been the hands on, non consensual variety.

Also she doesn't seem the type to have any friends.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:21 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

If she received any sex ed in captivity, I'm afraid it would have been the hands on, non consensual variety.

your not wrong, but that's not what I meant.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Ooh that revelation about Krulcifer ....

I guess we'll find out more about her next time. As usual, we get the fan service stuff...maids, baths, etc. This show is really trying to pull out the tricks from the old book, isn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Lisha has good taste. Drills for everyone!
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Funny how they put "fanservice situations" in the show, yet don't really show much each time. I'm really quite okay with this....but I imagine the male target audience is disappoint. Anime hyper

Phi's boobs are ridiculous. :/ And she really is dumb....falling asleep in the bath is a good way to drown. I don't dislike her though...portraying her as 'half-asleep all the time' is kind of funny and it's a different kind of airhead character from the 'really clumsy/easily embarrassed' airhead character that is used a lot.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:47 pm Reply with quote
I actually quite like the interactions between Lux and Phi. It just feels very relaxed and comfortable as one might expect of childhood friends. There's no romantic tension between them either (at the moment), putting aside Lux's obvious arousal, which adds to that. They even off handedly mentioned they've kissed before but didn't make a big deal of it (no 'forgotten memories' thing about it either).
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Phi's boobs are ridiculous. :/ And she really is dumb....falling asleep in the bath is a good way to drown.

It's fine, she has built in flotation devices. Laughing

Jokes aside, still largely unimpressed with this show -- I should really just drop it but I'm a fan of Krulcifer so making the decision is difficult at this point. Still really annoyed with how they're infodumping by making the characters explain everything -- like the whole scene with the Diablos, there's no real need to explain how it can level a town, just either show that or don't bring it up at all. The information felt irrelevant for their fight against it anyways.

Anyways, the only interesting part of the episode I found was the ruins related incident and the revelation about Krulcifer. Honestly, if the show removed the harem antics and "flirting" between characters, I don't think I would be so harsh on it. The Abyss stuff and political issues (which they did give a small scene to with the conference) are things that if focused on would make the show more enjoyable for me. I'm not against occasional harem cliches but I just feel that this how doesn't really do a good enough job to make it "fun" for me. Or maybe I've just grown tired of it and have not realize it.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:03 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

Phi's boobs are ridiculous. :/ And she really is dumb....falling asleep in the bath is a good way to drown.

It's fine, she has built in flotation devices. Laughing

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!! Laughing

I didn't even think of that but good one.

Quote:
Jokes aside, still largely unimpressed with this show

I can keep thinking of "little" things to praise this show for; like Vaisaga said, I like how Lux and Phi interact like how normal childhood friends would, I like how Lisha isn't a violent tsun but isn't afraid to make moves on the boy she likes, yet she's still naive and bashful, I like how we don't get panty shots or nudity every five seconds, I like how Lux's sister seems like a normal sister who doesn't French her brother or abuse him either.

Little things like that add up to 'generic show with tasteful content' for me. It's basically "okay", at this point. I really am just watching for the main ship. lol
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Eh, those don't do much to help my enjoyment but I guess I'm just a big whiner. I mean, I do appreciate these small things but on a big scale, they don't really make think better of the show. I'm also not fond of Lisha so all the harem antics involving her makes me groan.

Chiibi wrote:
I like how Lux's sister seems like a normal sister who doesn't French her brother or abuse him either.

Do you really think so? Her suggestive comment, in an earlier episode, about something like how'd they would start yearning for each other if they got too close seems to indicate that she at least harbors something more than sibling affection to me. But that could just be my incest-goggles. Wink

I'm also inclined to stay along with the show for my ship to stay afloat but chances are likely that it'll end up a shipwreck (as my ships mostly do).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:42 pm Reply with quote
As much as you can say that it is generic, it is at least somewhat coherent, which is not quite what I think of that other anime which included a young white haired young ex-prince. Although I do keep thinking they skip scenes. Were we ever told when the seniors returned that would allow him to join the squad.

Harem stuff and any fanservice is generally low key. And in terms of archtypes, I think it is generally in line with Dragonar Academy and Blade Dance. I would like a bit more from the main heroine, she is not quite a Claire yet. But I guess insistence on drills does help.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:30 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
E
Do you really think so? Her suggestive comment, in an earlier episode, about something like how'd they would start yearning for each other if they got too close seems to indicate that she at least harbors something more than sibling affection to me. But that could just be my incest-goggles. Wink

It could be.....but if so, she's kept it to herself so far, which I appreciate. Heck, she hasn't even had one frame of screen time lately. But as far as sisters go in harem shows, she's the most tolerable one I've seen in a long time. *coughcoughIHATESHIZUKUcough*
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Funny how they put "fanservice situations" in the show, yet don't really show much each time. I'm really quite okay with this....but I imagine the male target audience is disappoint. Anime hyper

This is a fairly good amount of fan service imo. I like fan service when it's done in moderation like Strike the Blood. Speaking of Strike the Blood, Sayaka has big boobs that are sexy, Phi's boobs look unnatural. But apparently there's a market for enormous tits. I just wish I'd see them less often in anime and... nevermind.

Anyway the big douchebag is apparently quite strong. Makes me a bit hopeful about that duel.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote
@Cam0

That's a good point. It's something I missed or didn't really pay attention to in the midst of my disappointment/anger with the show. Though he's slightly cliche by being an arrogant person, he actually has something to back up his arrogance. So yeah, it's not as bad as I'm making it out to be in my mind. And I really hope the duel -- if they actually do have one (since they're focused on the ruins now) -- doesn't become a one sided fight since we know Lux's strength.

And since someone brought up Dragonar Academy and Blade Dance, I'll admit I didn't really like either of them. I hated the first one especially and the latter, I don't remember much since I skimmed through the entirety of the show. I think a lot of my dislike towards these series were in part due to the tsundere main female characters. I must have some kind of personal vendetta against them.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:58 pm Reply with quote
As a lover of DFC I think Phi's breasts are decent enough.

But something has to be Eiken levels to really bother me.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:14 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
And since someone brought up Dragonar Academy and Blade Dance, I'll admit I didn't really like either of them. I hated the first one especially and the latter, I don't remember much since I skimmed through the entirety of the show. I think a lot of my dislike towards these series were in part due to the tsundere main female characters. I must have some kind of personal vendetta against them.

Eco and Claire are very insecure and put up a brave front to hide it. Tsundere's like that are just so adorable because they are actually very fragile inside that shell. That just makes me wanna protect them. Lisha is a bit different. She's a lot more deredere than tsuntsun. Her attempts to try to appeal to Lux are funny and cute. She gets jealous easily, but doesn't get violent. Tsundere's that go to great lenghts to deny their feelings and punch the main character constantly are a bit too much for me though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6