• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Post a pic of your favorite Anime characters!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Hikari14 wrote:
I think that the anime name is easy to find, besides, I can't have others 'stealing' them. Laughing

I think Touma just proved why you should include the show title. Besides, don't you want to make it easier to check out the show should your post pique their interest?

Teana Lanster from Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS.

Remember what I said about underdogs? Well, I suppose it's not quite accurate to call her that. She is quite talented, she just happened to be placed in a group of super special individuals making her appear 'normal' by comparison. I've found myself in such a situation before so I can definitely relate. Makes her think she has to put in extra effort to keep up which leads her to make some reckless decisions. The first arc of StrikerS is hard to watch (in a good way) because of the way she struggles to climb that wall only to get blasted for her efforts.

Thankfully her superiors recognise her talents and take care to cultivate them. As the franchise goes on she becomes a capable mage and leader. Come Vivid she can even Starlight Breaker on par with Nanoha herself.
Hikari14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Like I said, can't have others stealing them. I found them first, after all.

Speaking of which, here comes Yuuko Kawai from Mizuiro Jidai

Well, she is a realistic representation of a schoolgirl. I can't say anything more than that without spoiling fully.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Hikari14 wrote:
Like I said, can't have others stealing them. I found them first, after all.

They belong to no one. We can all share.

Iris Freyja from Unlimited Fafnir.

She's the main heroine of a harem show and she's not a violent tsundere! That's a bigger deal than you might realise. On top of that, her and Yuu are quite open about their feelings for each other.

Iris has a huge heart that loves everyone even if those around her don't treat her that great. She's a bit of a screw up but that doesn't stop her from smiling cheerfully and doing her best. Her family was killed by a dragon while on a cruise but not only does she not desire vengeance, but she's totally okay with boats too. As she says, she had a lot of fun on that final family vacation and she's not going to let the bad things spoil her memories. That takes a lot of inner strength.

NOVEL SPOILERS: spoiler[When she learns about Yuu's memory loss her first reaction? She declares she's going to kick Yggdrasil's butt and get his memories back (something Yuu had given up on). She's determined to do this, even if it means losing Yuu to Mitsuki. You see, while the current Yuu loves Iris, the old Yuu supposedly loved Mitsuki. If he remembers his feelings for Mitsuki then his feelings for Iris might disappear but Iris accepts that. What's most important to her is that Yuu is whole and happy.

When she starts transforming into a new Basilisk she still uses her powers to fight the 2nd Kraken despite knowing it'll hasten her transformation.]

She's such an amazing little sweetheart.
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:56 am Reply with quote
Ah, what the heck. Here's another one of my favorites.

Moeka "Shining Finger" Kiryuu from Steins;Gate is a lot like Ken Kaneki in how much she reminds me of my current self. We're both chatty online and unsociable in reality. We love our phones and are very shy and insecure. I also feel so sorry for this young woman, as I've kind of been in her situation in more than one way. Overall, Moeka is Best Girl.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:54 am Reply with quote
I have taken the liberty of slightly editing the title because, quite frankly, I think that that it would be more interesting for people to share all of their favorite characters.
Hikari14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote

Colette Brunel from Tales of Symphonia. I first saw her in an amv, and watched the show later. She won me over immediately. When spoiler[her personality got stolen by Remiel, I literally cried]

Tsuna from Katekyo Hitman Reborn

His personality is warm, so warm that he literally cares about everyone he meets, even if they aren't that nice to him

Hikari Yagami from Digimon Adventure. I think the image above speaks volumes as to why: she literary allowed herself to get sick to please someone she loved.

Meiko Honma from Anohana. Despite being dead, she still cares about others more than she does about herself

(notice the recurring theme, anyone? stay tuned for more)

Last edited by Hikari14 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:34 am Reply with quote
Please avoid using large images.

Hikari14, I've replaced your img tags with url tags. If you can get smaller images (say a max of 800 pixels width) feel free to put them in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hikari14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
Some of the others are using large images also.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:43 am Reply with quote
Nothing too huge. It becomes a problem where it stretches the page. Raftina's pic of Mai and your pic of Shion I'd say should be the maximum width wise.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:43 am Reply with quote
@ Hikari14,

1,678px × 942px?

Be nice. Think of people with low bandwiths and/or mobile devices.

(And what Vaisaga said.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hikari14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:54 am Reply with quote
Well, I made them a bit smaller.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:58 am Reply with quote
Brilliant. Thanks.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:49 am Reply with quote
If you can't/don't want to resize, I suggest using an image host that creates thumbnails (imagebam is what I use for that).
Hikari14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:16 am Reply with quote
But the problem was already fixed. :/
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:28 am Reply with quote
I know, I was just putting it out there for anyone else who might need it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5