• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Love Live! 'Final' Concert Ticket Auctioned for 430,010 yen

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:39 pm Reply with quote
KyuuA4 wrote:
Shame on the one selling the ticket. It's the very very very last last last Muse concert ever. Why not go?

He was probably more interested in how much money he can scalp out of someone buying the ticket than seeing μ's last concert appearance.
superunature

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:12 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
This actually....does not surprise me after all...

There were fans who are willing to buy 40 or 110 copies of Love Live Movie BDs just for the lottery tickets for the concert ticket drawing (mind you, the lottery drawing actually discourages that practice yet somehow people got around those restrictions), what baffles me even more, during the week when the movie BD came out, many fans even post pics of buying dozens of BDs. I understand the zealous passion of buying multiple copies, but showing off buying tens of BDs just screams absurdity and attention-seeking

something like this isn't for you to just hide in the closet and enjoy secretly.
attention seeking? showing off? definately. but if I had spend that much like that, I would have done the same. Again, something like this isn't for you to hide in the closet and enjoy yourself, but to show to your friends, group, world, etc. about how much you are into a certain series/things.
superunature

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:26 am Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
Lemonchest wrote:
Break up is such a harsh way of putting it. How about forced dissolution because you're too old for your perverted fanbase & exploitative management to believe you're still 16.

Nope. It's breaking up. Some of the members have simply had enough and don't want to renew their contracts. With the current level that Love Live is selling at there is no way management want the group to end. While the idol industry can be creepy there is no need to make stuff up!

BTW some of the subgroups will continue on so this generation of Love Live is not disappearing completely.

zrnzle500 wrote:
Also Maki best girl.

I concur!

lol you do know that it is very rare to find huge success like this in their role of work and they hold a tremendous bargaining chip for contract renewal. Yes, management could probably drag the story on forever, but I believe they feel it is better to transfer the fans onto a brand new set of idols, with brand new merchandise, anime, and everything.

Honestly there really isn't anything else they can make, and cash cow do die eventually. A quick search on amiami shows there are a whopping 3635 different LL items available compared to 1162 different k-on items.

unless some of the members are ready to retire from the industry, I somehow doubt they are the ones wanting to end their roles. Now, you and I are both guessing and unless the VA, studio, or any primary source says so themselves, we will never know the real reason.
jirg1901

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Well one of the things is Yoshino Nanjo's knees have completely broken down and she regularly misses performances already, so I think we can say with certainty she's ready to be over with dance heavy choreographed performances and focus on less physically demanding fripSide and solo work.

On the other hand it seems like every few months one of the original idolm@ster cast has a baby and they never formally end that. Although the premise of Million Live integrates the available performing members with that anyways.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:40 pm Reply with quote
superunature wrote:

lol you do know that it is very rare to find huge success like this in their role of work and they hold a tremendous bargaining chip for contract renewal. Yes, management could probably drag the story on forever, but I believe they feel it is better to transfer the fans onto a brand new set of idols, with brand new merchandise, anime, and everything.

Some of the actresses are getting busy outside of Love Live and I'm sure that's contributed to it. For instance Yoshino Nanjō is now part of fripSide and didn't attend one of the recent concerts due to knee injury that she has been suffering from for most of the year. There's only so many places you can be at once!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2