• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - First Impressions: Bravely Second: End Layer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alorian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:12 am Reply with quote
Okay I'm just here to say how much I really want to play Covington Cross: The Fighting now. Players can lob historical inaccuracies and repurposed Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves props at each other.

I never did get to see the last US-aired episode of that glorious trainwreck!
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:55 am Reply with quote
Well, I've got to finish Bravely Default. I look forward to what the twist in it is...as I have no idea what I'll be walking into.

I really have to stop dropping games to play the new game I buy. I've got a lot of unfinished games, most of them being Pokemon. Laughing
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:06 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Second is a direct sequel to Default, so if you skip the ending of BDFF, you're gonna have a lot of spoilers in Second.

I know that. I've watched the entire game on YouTube, so I know the story inside and out. I just haven't tried the game for myself yet.
Paiprince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Herald Of JOJO wrote:
On KoF, I respectfully disagree with Todd on Sylvie's design. I think Sylvie is, of the revealed cast so far, the most unique character design in fighting games currently. Try thinking of a character in a fighting game that is an almost direct parallel to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

You have to take into account that Todd is peeved by any character designs that has sex appeal because that's just how he is.

Anyways, can't say I'm all that sad about Chronos Materia officially being cancelled. It didn't have much going for it beyond the cute art. Better to just scrap the whole thing than have some stillborn project haunting them like a Half Life 3.

I'm still not going to touch Bravely Second by virtue of all the stupid changes they've done for the sake of "localization." Not even Square Enix is safe from NoA's sterile view of gaming culture.

I do at least share his optimism for a greenlighting of a true VP3. Even if it's some poor Granblue Fantasy clone, I'll still support it just to make the proposal even closer to reality.
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Paprince, NOJ is also sterile by your logic. Why does Smash Bros have no real violence? Obviously, Nintendo is family-friendly as a whole. Compared to Capcom Japan or Sony Japan.
Paiprince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:32 pm Reply with quote
NearEasternerJ1 wrote:
Paprince, NOJ is also sterile by your logic. Why does Smash Bros have no real violence? Obviously, Nintendo is family-friendly as a whole. Compared to Capcom Japan or Sony Japan.

And by your clearly flawed logic, Zelda, Kid Icarus, Mother and Fire Emblem have no "real violence" either. I'll just link to wiki on their list of titles and you can do the rest of the work figuring out the "family friendly" ones there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_products_published_by_Nintendo

I should know better than to keep replying to you since you obviously have an axe to grind with me.
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Paiprince wrote:
Herald Of JOJO wrote:
On KoF, I respectfully disagree with Todd on Sylvie's design. I think Sylvie is, of the revealed cast so far, the most unique character design in fighting games currently. Try thinking of a character in a fighting game that is an almost direct parallel to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

You have to take into account that Todd is peeved by any character designs that has sex appeal because that's just how he is.

Well, from what I read in the article, his complaints are pretty much the same as everyone else's about Sylvie. Based on my perception, everyone (that hated Sylvie's design) says that her design is incredibly ugly and garish. This is of course excluding the people who hate having cutesy anime girls in fighting games.

I didn't think that he was, for lack of a better/more accurate word, hating on the design specifically due to its "sex appeal". I thought that he was just saying what everyone else has been saying about Sylvie's design. Personally, I think it's really cool that her design is as such.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Well, I've got to finish Bravely Default. I look forward to what the twist in it is...as I have no idea what I'll be walking into.

I really have to stop dropping games to play the new game I buy. I've got a lot of unfinished games, most of them being Pokemon. Laughing

I'll see your Pokemon and raise you

All three of the Hyperdimension Neptunia remakes (all but 1 of which I've started)
Both the PS3 and Vita versions Of Stranger's Wrath
Half Of Senran Kagura Burst
Corpse Party Book Of Shadows (not yet started)
GTA Vice City Stories
Tales Of Xilla (not yet started)
Resonance Of Fate (not yet started)
Yakuza 4 (not yet started)
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Shin Megami Tensei 3
Rogue Galaxy
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Bravely Default
Legend Of Zelda Windwaker HD
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Persona Q
Far Cry 3
Elder Scrolls V
XCOM Enemy Unknown (not yet started)
Bionic Commando Rearmed (not yet started)
Strider (2014)
Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Souless Army (not yet started)
Red Dead Redemption
One Piece Unlimited World Red
Wonderful 101
Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together
Disgaea (PSP)
Disgaea 2 (not yet started)
Jeanne D'Arc
Castle Wolfenstein The New Order (not yet started)
Transformers Devastation
Shadows Of Mordor

Most of these games were bought because they were on sale.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:36 pm Reply with quote
You call that a backlog? I know I don't have all of my games listed, but I've got 100 unfinished games on my Backloggery page. And that's nowhere near a high number on site, either.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
You call that a backlog? I know I don't have all of my games listed, but I've got 100 unfinished games on my Backloggery page. And that's nowhere near a high number on site, either.

There's a bit more like some of the Wii virtual console games I downloaded on two different Wii's, and Some old Genesis, SNES, NES,GBA,DS games I downloaded on my old desktop.

But it's a bit too hazy for me to remember exactly what those games are especially those in the second group.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:35 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
I'll see your Pokemon and raise you

Oh, is that how it is? Laughing

I've never decided to make a list of the games I've yet to finish (some I haven't even started). And, when I said most are Pokemon, I just mean that is the franchise of games where I have the most incomplete. With Pokemon games, I only count beating the Elite 4 as "completing" the game.

I'll throw my list in spoilers:
spoiler[
Chrono Trigger (DS version)
Sonic - Classic Collection, Colors
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Pokemon Soul Silver, Y, White, White 2, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum
Final Fantasy III, Revenant Wings, Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time, XIII&XIII-2
Dragon Quest - Chapters of the Chosen, Realms of Reverie, Sentinels of the Starry Skies, Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks
Yoshi's Island DS
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Suikoden Tierkreis
Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time, Bower's Inside Story
New Super Mario Bros 2
Kingdom Hearts - 358/2 Days, Re:coded
Phantasy Star 0
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
The World Ends With You
Glory of Heracles
Avalon Code
Ni no Kuni
Ar tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Trinity Universe
Natural Doctrine
Star Ocean - Last Hope
Tales of - Symphonia Chronicles, Xilia 1&2, Graces
Batman - Arkham Asylum, Arkham Origins, Arkham City
Assassin's Creed - Black Flag
Agarest War Zero
Agarest Generations of War
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
Saint Seiya Sanctuary Battle
Kingdom Hearts 1.5
GTA 4&5
Skyrim
]

Thing is, this doesn't count my SNES or PS1 games. I just didn't want to have to get them out in order to list them. But, from those I know that are imcomplete, probably looking at another 40 or so games. Laughing

Could only list off those other games due to having the cases for them on my shelves. But, yes, I really need to set some time aside for gaming, as I've mostly been reading or watching anime in my spare time nowadays.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:13 am Reply with quote
I need to do the same with my backlog (minus the games I legit will never finish do to losing
intrest in them) but damn it's hard work especially with the RPGs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2