• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Sun & Moon Gets TV Anime Series Premiering in November

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheFullmetalOne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:02 am Reply with quote
peno wrote:
SageModeKakarot wrote:

and get rid of Team Rocket too, they are holding the series back because every episode ends up being the same

Thank goodness I am not the only one who feel the same way. I couldn't agree more.

I'd have to agree, though don't forget that a lot of fans of the anime cried foul when the trio was briefly remade into a more competent group in the early episodes of the Diamond and Pearl saga, focusing more on covert ops and espionage (thus having little contact with Ash and his friends) than being the source of comic relief that came from their botched attempts to steal Pikachu and any other Pokemon they could get their hands on (the creators later changed them back to their traditional role later on in the Diamond and Pearl saga). Eliminating them entirely would be akin to an unforgivable sin in the eyes of a lot of the fan base members. Rolling Eyes
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:08 am Reply with quote
Yes...With Team Rocket being favored so dearly worldwide, I honestly don't see them retiring from the spotlight any time soon...

However, the possible appearance of Team Skull might help spice things up a bit... Smile
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
At this point is there any need to keep Ash? Surely it would be better to just use the game protagonists?

and get rid of Team Rocket too, they are holding the series back because every episode ends up being the same

I'm currently watching the Hoenn series, and goddamn if this isn't the most true part, which I guess means it's like this for the whole show; they really make the episodes much worse than they could be through constant lame attempts to grab a shit NFE. They are interesting characters, but the show never lets them do anything.
Dextres

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:42 am Reply with quote
TheFullmetalOne wrote:
peno wrote:
SageModeKakarot wrote:

Thank goodness I am not the only one who feel the same way. I couldn't agree more.

I'd have to agree, though don't forget that a lot of fans of the anime cried foul when the trio was briefly remade into a more competent group in the early episodes of the Diamond and Pearl saga, focusing more on covert ops and espionage (thus having little contact with Ash and his friends) than being the source of comic relief that came from their botched attempts to steal Pikachu and any other Pokemon they could get their hands on (the creators later changed them back to their traditional role later on in the Diamond and Pearl saga). Eliminating them entirely would be akin to an unforgivable sin in the eyes of a lot of the fan base members. Rolling Eyes

And their you go to why one of the reasons Pokemon anime stays like it is. If you try to change something or someone too quickly before others can perceive the change gradually with time, it's comes off as fake and betrayal(society and people reactions and responses).
Encore22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I feel like they are underestimating Pokemon's appeal to young adults. We have grown up with Pokemon, and we still love it, just look at Go's popularity. Make a more mature Pokemon anime, people will love it!
Dextres

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Encore22 wrote:
I feel like they are underestimating Pokemon's appeal to young adults. We have grown up with Pokemon, and we still love it, just look at Go's popularity. Make a more mature Pokemon anime, people will love it!

That's where Pokemon Origins comes in at and this latest news regarding "generations" that looks deeper into the story of the source material.
Korogoro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:01 am Reply with quote
Ash going to school?! Whaaaaaaaa! I've been watching Pokemon for almots 16 years and this is something NEW. How old is Ash supposed to be now? If he was 10 19 years ago he must be 29 Shocked I wish Ash would also grow like the characters from the games, I think the Sun and Moon guys are supposed to be 19 this generation
Dextres

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:49 am Reply with quote
Korogoro wrote:
Ash going to school?! Whaaaaaaaa! I've been watching Pokemon for almots 16 years and this is something NEW. How old is Ash supposed to be now? If he was 10 19 years ago he must be 29 Shocked I wish Ash would also grow like the characters from the games, I think the Sun and Moon guys are supposed to be 19 this generation

Ash will still be 10 in this new region too.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:30 am Reply with quote
Realistically, while I haven't really followed the TV series in years, I think they could at least have made a him a little older by now. He's an anime version of Bart Simpson.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5