• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Keijo!!!!!!!!

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Keijo!!!!!!!! is without a doubt my favorite show of the season and in my opinion Keijo!!!!!!!! is the Anime of the year. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
evoeden

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:53 pm Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
Keijo!!!!!!!! is without a doubt my favorite show of the season and in my opinion Keijo!!!!!!!! is the Anime of the year. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Win of season for sure.
Actually better sport anime than a lot of others this years.
3.4, 3.6 marks
Speaking of bad taste
UltScorpion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm almost tempted to check out the series because this was making me laugh for a while.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:16 pm Reply with quote
UltScorpion wrote:
I'm almost tempted to check out the series because this was making me laugh for a while.

Lol, that response comment is gold. I am also tempted to watch the series because of its absurdity... but this sort of fanservice is really not my thing most of the time.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:35 pm Reply with quote
UltScorpion wrote:

Wait till you watch the show itself. Cause that's how I reacted, and from what I can tell, I am not alone.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:56 pm Reply with quote
UltScorpion wrote:

That was great. Thanks for sharing Smile
Calsolum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:34 pm Reply with quote
lord i haven't seen a good fanservice/fetish anime since prison school.
whereas prison school was as much cringe worthy (R.I.P. Kyoshi's butt) as it was titillating(no scratch that it was almost entirely cringey lmao) this looks to be alot more 'fun'
haven't been able to finish the first ep yet but if the first half was very promising.

Quote:
Vacuum Butt Cannon
?!? well thats gonna be funny to see. gotta set a mental note to not eat or drink while watching this
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:36 pm Reply with quote
I think the show's serious approach is done quite well, and at the same time in a quite ridiculous manner. In my opinion, the show has done well in presenting the sport as more than being a raison derrière sic for just showing cute girls in swimsuits.

Last edited by Hameyadea on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Quote:
Vacuum Butt Cannon
?!? well thats gonna be funny to see. gotta set a mental note to not eat or drink while watching this

It doesn't help that it airs right at lunch time on the east coast. Guess I'll have to have lunch at 12:30 on Thursdays.
Luke's JRPG Channel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:05 am Reply with quote
They even have special moves which I thought was funny.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:15 am Reply with quote
I liked it originally the only reason even bothered with this series is because M·A·O was cast in it as Sayaka Miyata and her role as Kyō Goshoin in And you thought there is never a girl online? was the only thing that made watching that bearable. So figured I could "white knuckle" it through another bad Anime adaptation.

Then I actually watched it and was pleasantly surprised it's when I watched Strike Witches people said there was a lot of fan service in it but I was so engrossed in the plot I barely noticed it.

It's there but it just does not register I also have to say I enjoyed Kazane Aoba's growth as a character in the second episode and Hiroshima Dialect is actually my second favorite Dialect after Kansai dialect. I'd also be one of the people calling it Anime of the season if I didn't already give that spot to Classicaloid
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:17 am Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
lord i haven't seen a good fanservice/fetish anime since prison school.

I mean I guess you could put Keijo in that category, but if that is what you're watching for, I think you will be very disappointed.
msvitch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:52 am Reply with quote
Keijo!!!!!!!! will never be one of the best shows of the season??????????

well only a serious critic would say this crap, but this show is already one my favorites of the season next to Shuumatsu no izetta
Azmodeus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:04 am Reply with quote
Was anyone else a bit confused by when the episode opened? We saw them getting ready for a training from "Siren" in the 1st episode, but here they get right into the training menu with the rest of the class. Have i missed something?

Anyway, i liked that all the exercises makes sense for their sport (that people doing them daily would still have "Junk in the trunk" makes less sense, but i'm not complaining), as well as the fact that it's a daily routine rather then an instant upgrade. The races this time around wasn't as well animated as the boutt with Hanabi, but i guess that goes with that being the 1st episode.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:24 am Reply with quote
Azmodeus wrote:

Anyway, i liked that all the exercises makes sense for their sport (that people doing them daily would still have "Junk in the trunk" makes less sense, but i'm not complaining).

Not to get weird on you, but believe it or not, Keijo is accurate on that one. People who work out their glutes have big ole butts, regardless of gender, but if a woman with a lot of booty fat works out her butt and leg muscles a lot, the booty fat doesn't turn into "flat" muscle like dude-butts might have. Muscle just piles onto the fat reserves that are already there because hip bones + estrogen allocation. Anyway, all this to say that if you did intense "butt training," your butt would in fact get bigger, not smaller.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 12