• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Keijo!!!!!!!!

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowbringer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:45 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The anime just removed that concept entirely since it only wants to focus on the action and comedy

debatable, imho, because there's only 12 episodes to adapt chapters 35 through 87 (not to mention the flashback from the first chapter which refers to even earlier chapters), making an average of over 4 chapters per episode; not adapting the engineers (among other things such as Aoba's sister, for example) could be a way to allow this many chapters to be adapted into these 12 episodes.

Quote:
It also doesn't make for that interesting a fight, they just kept butbutting each others...

first, Nozomi aimed to figure how Maya's ability works, then came up with a way to deal with it by feinting and baiting it, though she still can't attack Maya (at this point) because Maya also being able to use her ability with her breasts means that she doesn't have a blindspot even right after attacking with her butt. Then Nozomi figured that Maya never dodged, which makes it a lot easier to use the strongest techniques against her, until Maya's other personality showed up.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:59 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:

And as far as I know the only rules that matter is that : No part of the body aside from the feet should touch the land, using any other part of the body besides breasts and butts to attack opponents is illegal.

Well if you go by those rule, somebody could bring a gun in the match and that'd be okay, since they didn't physically touch the opponent. If you want to claim that they used there hand to attack the opponent, what if they had a boob activated gun?
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Well if you go by those rule, somebody could bring a gun in the match and that'd be okay, since they didn't physically touch the opponent. If you want to claim that they used there hand to attack the opponent, what if they had a boob activated gun?

While that may be true in context this isnt that type of series so theres no point in taking loopholes in the rules so seriously especially when the thought doesnt even come to their minds during a race. I made that post with that kind of mindset and I suggest others do the same because taking a series like this more seriously and realistically than it should will only make your head hurt.

Quote:
debatable, imho, because there's only 12 episodes to adapt chapters 35 through 87 (not to mention the flashback from the first chapter which refers to even earlier chapters), making an average of over 4 chapters per episode; not adapting the engineers (among other things such as Aoba's sister, for example) could be a way to allow this many chapters to be adapted into these 12 episodes.

Yes had they opted for the 24 ep cour they could have easily covered everything from the start up to the end of the war including a filler or two
shadowbringer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:15 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
GhostD wrote:

And as far as I know the only rules that matter is that : No part of the body aside from the feet should touch the land, using any other part of the body besides breasts and butts to attack opponents is illegal.

even in wrestling, there aren't any guns. There are characters that can use indirect attacks though.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
what if they had a boob activated gun?

This is the most "Keijo" forum post I've ever seen, Meiam.
synaia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:08 am Reply with quote
So Warnerbrosanime just posted a video scientifically explaining Keijo!!!!!!!! stuff.(Nozomi's moves)

it's too funny.

edit: forgot to link the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGXQA1Fbs1I

Last edited by synaia on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:15 am; edited 2 times in total
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:20 am Reply with quote
synaia wrote:
So Warnerbrosanime just posted a video scientifically explaining Keijo!!!!!!!! stuff.(Nozomi's moves)

it's too funny.

What....the....heck
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:09 pm Reply with quote
so, is that guy telling us that Nozomi is spinning at 1247 Kph (775mph) when she does the Butt Vacuum Cannon?
Danu06

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:05 pm Reply with quote
The AOTS in a season full of really edgy shows. Gonna miss my Kei-jojo weekends.
The animation really dropped in quality, and some characters like Nozomi´s father didn't appeared and her "stand"(her nipples) just showed up at the end. But it was a nice ride.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
And boy, did the animation fall apart after that! Seriously, it's like director Hideya Takahashi and his Xebec team spent all their remaining effort animating that battle, because everything that comes after is well below the series' already conservative standards. Almost everything looks less refined and still shots are used heavily.

So it wasn't just me then! You could tell they had to rush that second half out, but the conclusion of the final battle was great so it was easily negligible in my eyes. This was a really fun series to watch, it's a reminder that it's okay to not take your hobby so seriously all time. Ironically, by a show in which every character takes their ridiculous hobby very seriously. If they ever do a second season I would definitely be on-board.

Last edited by Jayhosh on Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
synaia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Danu06 wrote:
The AOTS in a season full of really edgy shows. Gonna miss my Kei-jojo weekends.
The animation really dropped in quality, and some characters like Nozomi´s father didn't appeared and her "stand"(her nipples) just showed up at the end. But it was a nice ride.

Yeah I missed "the stand" being animated. At least we saw a glimpse in the end card, heck after using an AA filter on it I'll be using it as a screensaver.
Easily one of my favorite shows this season; will be hard to top the fun I had watching this each week.
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Aww they showed Beach-kun at the end and they even managed to squeeze in some cameos of the characters of the next arc assuming they manage to make a second season anyway.
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't expecting to enjoy this show, but I'm glad I got into it. Will totally support an official English release.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:21 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Aww they showed Beach-kun at the end and they even managed to squeeze in some cameos of the characters of the next arc assuming they manage to make a second season anyway.

With the amount the teased at the end it feels like they have some confidence in the possibility of a second season. You don't tease that much if you don't think you have at least a small shot at another season
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:39 pm Reply with quote
the sales are bad but so its teh budget, so god knows if we will get a second season; anybody has got manga sales numbers ?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12