• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Haruhi Suzumiya Commercial Airs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renasviel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I am sick and tired of them playing on fans hopes to sell things, all the while teasing that "there may just be more to come guys!".

How many more "this is just a tester to see if the market demand for Haruhi is still there" stunts are there going to be? If you don't want to make more, then let the series die instead of trying to exploit the fans hopes one more time to make a quick buck. And they wonder why the industry is struggling.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote
Renasviel wrote:
I am sick and tired of them playing on fans hopes to sell things, all the while teasing that "there may just be more to come guys!".

How many more "this is just a tester to see if the market demand for Haruhi is still there" stunts are there going to be? If you don't want to make more, then let the series die instead of trying to exploit the fans hopes one more time to make a quick buck. And they wonder why the industry is struggling.

I mean, how dare Kadokawa uses the TV time they bought for one show to advertise an upcoming video release? We all knew it was coming out (except for the people who didn't)!

This is not a tease. This is not "testing the water." This is nothing more than advertising an upcoming release not unlike any other physical video release in Japan. If you're going to be upset, be upset with the staff who decided this deserved an article (and not any of the other commercials that ran this week). Commercials ran for the 2006 DVDs (and were included on the NA/UK/AU releases). Commercials ran for the 2009 DVDs (and were also included on those releases). Commercials ran for the 2010 BD-Box. Commercials ran for the 2014 BD-Box. Why would you think this upcoming release didn't deserve advertising as well?

Stop reading so much into this beyond its intended purpose.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:44 am Reply with quote
@ ultimatemegax: your attempt to be a voice of reason and information is admirable but doomed. You already explained this on the previous page but clearly Renasviel was too lazy to read it or read it and for some bizarre reason didn't understand it. In any case, unfortunately, there is as segment of anime fandom that only wants to whine, no matter how unfounded their complaint.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:06 am Reply with quote
Well, maybe we'll get lucky, and they'll use the new BD release as a way to make sure that folks are still interested before making more.

Endless Eight was annoying, but I don't know what else they could have done given the material. And it wasn't as bad if you watched it all in a row on home video rather than weekly with the fansubs. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya was definitely nice to see though, and the way it ended clearly indicated that there was supposed to be more story. So, ultimately, it just whet my appetite and then went nowhere. And the lack of more Haruhi and Full Metal Panic has left me considerably less happy with Kyoto Animation than I once was. They dropped the stuff that I cared about on the floor, and in recent years, they seem to mostly be releasing stuff that I have no interest in. But at least we're finally getting more Full Metal panic, even if it's not Kyoto Animation doing it. It would be nice if we got more Haruhi too, but I'm not betting on it. They seem to have only been interested in doing spin-off stuff that I don't care about...

I guess that I'll just have to get around to reading all of the books, since I'm probably not going to get the full story any other way. But sadly, that's nothing new with light novel adaptions. They usually aren't finished. Sad
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I never clicked this fast before LOL. I have hope that one day we'll get a S3!

ebv2406 wrote:
MischievousMelody wrote:

After endless 8 what person would want more haruhi?
It's a shame that Kyoani destroyed its own creation like that

A) Disappearance came after Endless Eight and did exceptionally well
B) Many people enjoy Endless Eight, the art is phenomenal and the various perspectives of shooting the same scene is intriguing to contrast and compare
C) The Light Novels are doing well (even though the last one was a while ago), people love this series and want more
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I saw the advertisement on Japanese television last week and figured that the person in the advertisement was Minori Chihara, voice actress of Yuki Nagato and singer of the movie ED "Yasashii Boukyaku", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLnxO75bO3E

Does anyone agree/disagree?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3