• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel Film's 1st Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
While the UBW movie was severely truncated, it hit all the important scenes and always remained exciting. The big action set pieces were suitably awesome and stuff I could rewatch over and over.

I, on the other hand, could watch the UBW TV series' fight scenes over and over again because they are so awesome. The only fight that I remember from the movie is the final battle spoiler[between Gil and Shirou] which was utterly terrible and made no sense at all.

Quote:
the fighters do nothing but stand around and talk for 3 episodes.

That happened? I don't remember that happening. I've seen people say how the show felt drawn out near the end/in the 2nd half, but I never felt that way.
Moli_Malone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

While the UBW movie was severely truncated, it hit all the important scenes and always remained exciting. The big action set pieces were suitably awesome and stuff I could rewatch over and over.

The UBW TV series dragged everything out, ruining what should have been the climactic battle of the series by having the fighters do nothing but stand around and talk for 3 episodes.

This.

Last edited by Moli_Malone on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
FloozyGod

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Too Late to explore the World
Too Early to explore the Universe

Just in time for Fate2017 Very Happy
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Sounds like Kalafina is going to be doing a theme for the movie. Cool!

Shouldn't be surprising, since they contributed to both Fate/Zero and Unlimited Blade Works.

While this trailer may not have showed too much, it's still whetted my appetite after waiting so long since the last newsbit.

I wonder if each movie (part) will have an individual title, and what would they be? My primary hope is that they'll well-pace the movie adaptation, rather than draw everything out longer than they have to and repeat a lot of the same dialogue like they did in UBW (which I did technically like, but still). Here's hoping for an AniplexUSA license, and that we don't have to wait too too long between movies!
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Those backgrounds in the PV looked absolutely stunning; glad to see ufotable's maintaining their usual artistic prowess.

On another note, is there any chance of ANN coverage of First Order?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
That happened? I don't remember that happening. I've seen people say how the show felt drawn out near the end/in the 2nd half, but I never felt that way.

How could you forget Shiro and Archer just standing there talking for 3 episodes before fighting for like 3 minutes?

Compare this to the movie where they talk and fight at the same time while amazing music plays in the background.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:32 pm Reply with quote
SCREW ZOKEN!

Anyway, unlike the UBW film I hope this covers all of the events as closely as possible. Would not want to skip over crucial development.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Finally a new trailer from the true sequel to Fate/Zero.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

I won't argue that the second season wasn't needlessly drawn out (two seasons for UBW, wth), but lol at comparing that with a literal digest version that neither makes you care about what happens nor even gets the core conflict right.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I am most excited for the fate extra anime, wanna see what they'll do with it! Otherwise 2017 is the year of Fate/
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Fate/EXTRA looks cool and all, but that one doesn't have the glorious Yuki Kajiura attatched to it. Cool I'm pretty hyped for these movies, I've heard really good things about this route ever since UBW came out, including that it's the "true" follow-up to Zero that I've desperately wanted that UBW, while enjoyable, did not really give me.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:19 pm Reply with quote
There is no "true" follow-up to Fate/Zero because it is a prequel. If there were one, it would be Stay Night in its entirety.

I was hoping for at least a bit of action for the new trailer tbh, we've already had Sakura against pretty backgrounds with ominous undertone.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I realize that, it's simply that many fans believe that Heaven's Feel works best as a follow up that ties up a lot of the arcs that were left hanging at the end of Zero. At least, for people who watched Zero first, such as myself.

Also, I noticed the article says that UBW premiered in October of 2015, but wasn't it 2014?
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Heaven's Feel doesn't tie up spoiler[Saber's shtick, nor Gilgamesh's shtick], but it does tie up spoiler[Kotomine's shtick, Sakura's shtick, and Illya's shtick]. It offers an alternative tying up of spoiler[Shirou's-Kiritsugu's shtick]. If we're going by quantity I guess it's the best follow-up? It in general has more plot points than the other two routes, so I think it's more a consequence of that than anything else.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Fate serves as a much better follow-up for some characters. UBW is a better follow-up thematically for the whole Kerry's legacy to Shirou thing. Depends on what you want to see tied up. But the real answer is again HF wasn't written with F/Z in mind, F/Z was written with F/SN as a whole in mind.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3