• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel Film's 1st Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

The movie was simply too short to properly build up the conflict between those two. Yeah, that's a cool fight scene, better than I remembered (a lot of it is thanks to Emiya theme though) but while I did feel like there was a bit too much tedious dialogue between those in the TV series, I think it did a better job at fleshing out the conflict between them. Probably anyway. It has been at least 5 years since I watched the movie and I don't honestly remember all that much from it expect that it felt rushed, the animations in the fight scenes were weird and the final battle was lame.
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:35 pm Reply with quote
I just really really REALLY hope they're going to ultimately animate the True End and not the Normal End. Obviously this is nothing to go on whatsoever but I REALLY don't like cherry blossoms being the first thing I see in a Heaven's Feel trailer. It's spring. Don't you dare, ufotable. Don't you dare.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
And as the first teaser it doesn't show anything -.-
Honestly ufotable why can't you show something cool that actually was in the VN???

You realize that that teaser showed very well what is likely to be in the first film, right? Stuff with spoiler[Dark Sakura] doesn't happen until a significant way into the route, so it wouldn't be in the first movie, just hinted at, which I felt the trailer did, even without being able to understand it.

I know that that stuff happens much later, but I hoped for the scenes that were happening at night some intresting things happened during the first few days before everything went south. They could at least show us Zouken or spoiler[True Assasin]
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Cam0 wrote:
I don't think they screwed up. UBW was nice. The UBW movie wasn't as nice.

While the UBW movie was severely truncated, it hit all the important scenes and always remained exciting. The big action set pieces were suitably awesome and stuff I could rewatch over and over.

The UBW TV series dragged everything out, ruining what should have been the climactic battle of the series by having the fighters do nothing but stand around and talk for 3 episodes.

At least the TV-series was comprehensible. The movie skimmed over the plot to such a degree that it felt just like a montage of stuff happening for no discernable reason. Like, did we even get an explanation as to why spoiler[Shirou and Rin decided to destroy the Grail in the movie? From what I recall it was basically just Gilgamesh going "Hi I'm evil" and then they were all "OH NO WE MUST DESTROY THE GRAIL!"] I'll take a somewhat bloated adaptation that actually makes sense over an incoherent slideshow of cool action-scenes any day. (And really, with the arguable exception of Shirou VS Archer, the show did the fights better too.)

Anyway, this trailer showed basically nothing, but... you know, even if I didn't already know Yuki Kajiura was doing the soundtrack for this, I think I can safely say I would have immediately recognised her style from this trailer. That sounded right out of Kara no Kyoukai.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:59 pm Reply with quote
What a great way to start 2017.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:42 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Heaven's Feel doesn't tie up spoiler[Saber's shtick, nor Gilgamesh's shtick], but it does tie up spoiler[Kotomine's shtick, Sakura's shtick, and Illya's shtick]. It offers an alternative tying up of spoiler[Shirou's-Kiritsugu's shtick]. If we're going by quantity I guess it's the best follow-up? It in general has more plot points than the other two routes, so I think it's more a consequence of that than anything else.

I think it really depends on how you choose to look at it. spoiler[It could be that Saber and Gilgamesh don't meet quite as satisfying resolutions in Heaven's Feel because the Fate/Zero storyline was their real time to shine, but had to make way for all the other important characters later on in the Heaven's Feel "follow-up".] I'm well aware that Heaven's Feel wasn't created as a direct sequel to Fate/Zero since Fate/Stay Night as whole came first, but it's still my honest impression that Gen Orobuchi wrote Fate/Zero as a direct prequel to Heaven's Feel specifically, while using some elements from the other routes to flesh out Zero more.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Really hoping the movie direcor remembers Shirou has inner monlgues, the director of UBW seemed to forget that they are better than just having a character talk. Despite the many flaws of Fate/Stay Night 2006, I always liked that I was able to hear Shirou's thoughts throughout the story, they need to bring that back, it worked really well in Fate/Zero.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:46 am Reply with quote
Yes! Kalafina will be singing for the movie!
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:30 pm Reply with quote
The moment I heard the music i loved it.
Key wrote:
Sounds like Kalafina is going to be doing a theme for the movie. Cool!

Well that explains it Smile.

I don't specifically remember a particularly long talking scene in the UBW tv series but I suppose it's because I watched it all in one sitting.
what i do remember as "off" was spoiler[where Rin and Shiro suddenly knew Goldie-locks' true name despite seeing him like once or twice? They just sorta off screen figured it out and started using it like it was common knowledge.]

The trailer did leave a lot to be desired. Idk I was hoping for a bit more... substance? Nonetheless the music was lovely so I'm placated.

Can't wait for the prisma movie hopefully they'll completely reverse the formula in the first season from 60% loli-fanservice + 30% regular fanservice + 10% cool fights to 90% cool fights and 10% idec.
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I don't specifically remember a particularly long talking scene in the UBW tv series but I suppose it's because I watched it all in one sitting.
what i do remember as "off" was spoiler[where Rin and Shiro suddenly knew Goldie-locks' true name despite seeing him like once or twice? They just sorta off screen figured it out and started using it like it was common knowledge.]

We clearly saw when they learned this; spoiler[Right after Iliya's death, Shinji was bragging about his amazing new servant, and Shirou or Rin said something to set him off, causing him to go "Kill them, Gilgamesh!" So his name was revealed to the audience at the same time it was revealed to the main characters. Though if one looks at the credits, those had already been listing him as "Gilgamesh" for several episodes at that point meaning that if there were any Japanese viewers watching this who were unfamiliar with the franchise, the twist would have been ruined for them anyway...]
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:59 am Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
Honestly ufotable why can't you show something cool that actually was in the VN???

uh you do realized that the fate Visual Novels are 100% ero right? its why in the DEEN version it was replaced by a 3D like dragon and in UBW dolphins replaced those ero scenes from the VN. its probably why hollow ataraxia haven't given a series adaptation since its has a lot more of those NSFW parts that than any of the FSN routes.

there's no chance ufotable is gonna use anything from the VN. never gonna happen at this point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wonderllama

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:06 am Reply with quote
Looks like 2017 is booked. Fate route remake in 2018, please
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:34 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
SpaceTheGamer wrote:

uh you do realized that the fate Visual Novels are 100% ero right? its why in the DEEN version it was replaced by a 3D like dragon and in UBW dolphins replaced those ero scenes from the VN. its probably why hollow ataraxia haven't given a series adaptation since its has a lot more of those NSFW parts that than any of the FSN routes.

there's no chance ufotable is gonna use anything from the VN. never gonna happen at this point.

"100% ero"? "No chance they're gonna use anything"? The visual novel is roughly the length of Lord of the Rings (or so I've heard) and each route contains one or two sex-scenes. Which were taken out in pretty much every non-PC version of the game, and from what I understand ufotable's CG dolphins was basically what those all-ages ports had. You talk as if they just rewrote the entire story from scratch, when if anything UBW's biggest shortcoming was that it stuck too close to the visual novel. (In the sense that a lot of things were set up and then just sorta forgotten about because those plot-points would be adressed in the Fate and Heaven's Feel routes instead.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3