• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Preview Manga Launched

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene548

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:48 am Reply with quote
This was a bit too gory for me T.T i dont think ill be able to read it at all or even watch the anime..
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:19 am Reply with quote
...hmm i really need to learn how to read Japanese... that aside I have been looking forward to kira for quite sometime already, It would be nice though to see manga gamer pick up the rei arcs as well.. eh oh well I am just happy fan-boy regardless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gwdone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I own season one of 'When They Cry' on dvd and like it!! Please put out the balance of the series on DVD. Pretty please -__-
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
gwdone wrote:
I own season one of 'When They Cry' on dvd and like it!! Please put out the balance of the series on DVD. Pretty please -__-

If Higurashi Kai, Rei or Kira ever get released here, it would have to be by someone other than Funimation. They've already stated due to the poor sales of the re-release of Season 1, they won't go after the rest of the series.

Although what did Funimation think would happen with it being a re-release and expecting people to cough up $80+ for the Viridian Collection version?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:02 pm Reply with quote
tangytangerine wrote:
gwdone wrote:

If Higurashi Kai, Rei or Kira ever get released here, it would have to be by someone other than Funimation. They've already stated due to the poor sales of the re-release of Season 1, they won't go after the rest of the series.

Although what did Funimation think would happen with it being a re-release and expecting people to cough up $80+ for the Viridian Collection version?

hell i can make 140 on the other collectors box set alone.. but i won't...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yumeko-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:36 pm Reply with quote
That comic makes a "Nureru!" joke *sob*
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Yumeko-chan wrote:

care to translate for me??...
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:49 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for this.
Etrien

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:56 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Yumeko-chan wrote:

care to translate for me??...

Rika says that in the OVA we'll see "Hanyuu get wet..." (nureru) Hanyuu follows up with "Get wet!? (Gulp!)"

A quick glance at the promotional screen shots verifies that claim. Smile
gwdone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:57 pm Reply with quote
tangytangerine wrote:
gwdone wrote:

I actually checked with a couple of anime shops I do business with about the "lack of sales". Most I have spoken with actually said sales were good for that title. Subsequent seasons are already released in Japan.. Please just sub it and release it. That would make me jump for joy and quickly start cotton drifting my wallet!!! Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1