• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuyushiki Anime's Kaori, Yuruyuri's Namori Work on Endro~! Original Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:08 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
#HayamiLover wrote:

In fact, most of the anime somehow sexualizes girls, and sometimes boys. The problem is that such shows are often more susceptible to sexualization and exploitation, since they are oriented towards moe and otaku, who are so dedicated to their waifu and fetishes that any male character is perceived by them as a romantic rival or a barrier for their yuri pairings.
Unless it's the brother from Non Non Biyori male characters have no place in CGDCT shows. Its cool if you dont like those type of shows but really If you want to see a show with male characters watch one of the other 30 shows airing that season just leave the CGDCT shows alone.

Regardless of whether you hate male characters in such shows or not, this does not negate the fact that this genre also sexualizes its characters in its own way and those people who watch any generic CGDCT\Harem\other popular genre show but attack other popular genres are hypocritical.

And yes, I'm not looking for male characters in CGDCT, I just don't care. But I already get annoyed with how people fight with windmills and hate what will never be a real problem.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2