• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Police Report: Dub Voice Actress' Door Damaged, Classified Criminal Mischief

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:52 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
Oh wow, so it was true.

I wish she at the very least posted that it was old pictures, YIKES.

I stand corrected, and I'm 100% relieved, tbh because for the life of me I couldn't really see why she would self sabotage herself.

This report is a godsend, THANK YOU

I've stayed out of this drama, but I've got to say, Samantha's story doesn't sit well with me.

For starters, when she recycled those photos this Monday, she claimed that the "police apologized and helped replace the door." Why would they do that if they weren't the ones responsible? When she first posted those images in regards to the false 2016 burglary, she said the police weren't interested in repairing the damage they did. Now they're fixing the work of vandals?

The reason she gave for reusing photos is also suspect. How big are the digits on her door for her to not be able to take a picture without them in it? Am I supposed to believe she had them stamped onto the interior side, too? Gotta make sure the people inside the house know they're in the right house.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Hi Primus, I already posted about this on the first page Smile
GoddyNee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:06 pm Reply with quote
So she's the one who supposedly got swatted...

Serious question: What is the point of someone 'swatting' someone? I mean, I'm pretty sure someone got shot last year when the cops busted thru their door...because at this point, I hope I'm wrong but I seriously wouldn't be shocked if someone shot a VA/Funi person.

That is how bad AniTwitter has gotten with this story.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:07 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:

That only addresses her worry. That doesn't explain why Samantha claims the police apologized for something they didn't do or her transparent door.

Looking at the police report, shouldn't it mention somewhere that she got this fake phone call? If you were looking for suspects, odds are that's the person who did it.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:13 pm Reply with quote
There's a possibility that more details would be in a different copy since this one is labeled "public copy" but I honestly couldn't say for sure why that info wouldn't be included.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I just wanna say that I am super jealous of her for having met Tartar Sauce in that pic.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:31 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
There's a possibility that more details would be in a different copy since this one is labeled "public copy" but I honestly couldn't say for sure why that info wouldn't be included.

Looking at it again, I noticed the report was filed yesterday. This happened on Monday and she posted about it the same day. Is it normal to take a day to file a report after speaking to the police?
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
octopodpie wrote:

Looking at it again, I noticed the report was filed yesterday. This happened on Monday and she posted about it the same day. Is it normal to take a day to file a report after speaking to the police?

Not uncommon. Seen it happen each time a family member of mine was involved with DUI.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:44 pm Reply with quote
brammerhammer23 wrote:
Why continue to do this ANN? You know what the results will be yet you continue because you think its news worthy. I think you should stop adding fuel to the fire.

I applaud ANN for continuing covering these stories. I believe in the truth, and ANN should never let itself be bullied by the angry mob that wants to cover up the abuse done by creeps like Mignogna.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
Not uncommon. Seen it happen each time a family member of mine was involved with DUI.

Would that be for them to sober up? I've never been arrested or filed a police report before, so I honestly don't know.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:02 pm Reply with quote
@ Primus: Sometimes you just don't feel like dealing with the police invading your space right after some other stranger has.

Years ago my apt. was broken into, and we spent awhile going through the house to see what had been stolen. Nothing had been, but a number of items had been moved around (e.g., a pair of gloves brought from an upstairs bedroom to be laid out neatly side by side on top of the tv) to show us they'd been all through the place. It was pretty unnerving and it was late at night, so we waited until the next day to call it in. It's not like we expected them to do anything about it anyway.
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:19 pm Reply with quote
GoddyNee wrote:
Serious question: What is the point of someone 'swatting' someone? I mean, I'm pretty sure someone got shot last year when the cops busted thru their door...because at this point, I hope I'm wrong but I seriously wouldn't be shocked if someone shot a VA/Funi person.

For some it's to troll. It was a popular trend on Twitch a few years ago, but then they cracked down hard on it once someone was killed because of it in 2017. It's now considered a federal crime. Some people are pushing for it to be labeled as attempted murder because that's the intent of it sometimes. People purposely SWAT targets in hopes the police shoot and kill the intended target they want dead. The person who swatted Peter Simeti last week did so with the hopes the police officers would shoot him on sight by claiming he had stabbed his girlfriend and was armed and dangerous.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
tygerchickchibi wrote:

That only addresses her worry. That doesn't explain why Samantha claims the police apologized for something they didn't do or her transparent door.

Looking at the police report, shouldn't it mention somewhere that she got this fake phone call? If you were looking for suspects, odds are that's the person who did it.

Are you referring back to the 2016 Incident? I barely remember because I haven't seen it in the last few days.

As far as police reports are concerned, I personally think it's depends on who records it. Maybe they didn't think that detail was important or they didn't include it because they may still be investigating (and it depends on jurisdiction apparently).

I might ask my friend since she works in the police force. I've filed police reports before but I never really thought about how they've recorded it. It didn't seem too detailed but they had a general summary of what took place at the time.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
@ Primus: Sometimes you just don't feel like dealing with the police invading your space right after some other stranger has.

Years ago my apt. was broken into, and we spent awhile going through the house to see what had been stolen. Nothing had been, but a number of items had been moved around (e.g., a pair of gloves brought from an upstairs bedroom to be laid out neatly side by side on top of the tv) to show us they'd been all through the place. It was pretty unnerving and it was late at night, so we waited until the next day to call it in. It's not like we expected them to do anything about it anyway.

I'm getting too fixated on this bit of minutiae, so I'll drop it. The problem I'm having with your experience compared to Samantha's, is that she says she spoke to the police on Monday. After all, they helped "replace the door" that they didn't break and hadn't even filed a report about.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

Monday was a government holiday in the U.S. This doesn't mean police aren't available but some departments may have a smaller staff or be closed (like public records, as I've found out before).

Also I want to point out that your questions are logical ones, I don't think you're fixating too much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7