• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach (TV + movies).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
It's entirely possible I'm wrong as I haven't been keeping up with the Naruto news too much, but I hadn't heard (or at least don't remember hearing) about anything other than February. I could have sworn the magazine and the official web site said February.
Zoe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:59 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
It's entirely possible I'm wrong as I haven't been keeping up with the Naruto news too much, but I hadn't heard (or at least don't remember hearing) about anything other than February. I could have sworn the magazine and the official web site said February.

The TV site says nothing about February, but it does say that segments will start airing during the normal Naruto (probably during the credits) starting on 1/11.

Edit: OOPS, I missed the huge line at the top of the page! Yes, it confirms 2/15.
Hisdon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quote
oh, that's from the movie? well gg me...now to go find this movie <_<
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I guess I was wrong then. I haven't been looking into it past what was posted here originally though.

Good to hear that they've actually come up with a date. I just hope they follow through; I remember reading an interview with someone who worked on Naruto or something and he said they expected fillers to be done in September. I doubt they'd botch this release but I won't be crossing days off my calendar in anticipation.
The Seventh Son

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It is, they did the same thing with the third Naruto movie. Also the episode titles coincide with what takes place in the manga:

spoiler[
110. Reopening of the Substitute Business! The Terrifying Transfer Student
111. Shock! The Father's True Character
112. The Vizards and the Arrancars
113. The Arrancars Attack ]

I assume those have been verified.

Emerje

dude, NICE! now we got something A LOT bigger to separate bleach from naruto.
CGord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:25 am Reply with quote
I can NOT wait for Bleach to get back to the manga, I was very glad to see the filler arc wrap up, & the stage set perfectly to be on the manga arc starting next week. YOSH!!!!! Very Happy
dewlwieldthedarpachief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:37 am Reply with quote
I almost want to cry. The golden days are coming back. THEY'RE COMING BACK!
I knew things were going downhill the minute Lilin and friends popped in. You didn't have to know the manga to see that the balance was going out of whack. Did they even consult with the author before watering-down Bleach?
Part of me just wants to dirge about how hard it was to bear through that, but its over now, and that's all that matters! All I ask now is that somehow the extra konpaku dolls conveniently bugger off.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:00 am Reply with quote
Btw, I stopped watching the filler about ten episodes in or so, but I am curious as to how all that was resolved. Did they ever do a solid recap of that arc?
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:40 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Btw, I stopped watching the filler about ten episodes in or so, but I am curious as to how all that was resolved. Did they ever do a solid recap of that arc?

No, not really. You could probably watch 108 and 109 and get an idea of how things turned out if you haven't already. Another nice thing about 109 is all of the seemingly canon stuff they included like Rukia's dispatch to the living world, Renji's promotion to vice captain, and what Ichigo was doing in the days before episode one. Maybe the best episode of the filler, not just because of Shinji showing up at the end.

Seems what happens to Ririn, Cloud, and Nova is going to be left to the imagination. I would think that if they were going to explain them away they would have done it in episode 109, not 110.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:56 am Reply with quote
I thought the Bount arc was pretty good. It carries a lot of the same atmosphere that the franchise establishes earlier. While it's certainly no Soul Society arc, I also wasn't bored in the least bit. I found the villains enjoyable and thought some of the fights and plot twists were well executed (spoiler[ didn't expect to see Hollow Ichigo make some brief appearances]). It's probably my favorite filler of any shounen anime, thus far.

But from what a friend of mine has tried to spoil for me in bits and pieces just for the sake of aggitating me, I'm also eager to see the central story stuff get animated (spoiler[ lots of references to Hollow Ichigo and Aizen]).
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:08 am Reply with quote
After watching episode 109, it reminded me how much I really did like the Bounto arc. It seems like it was almost too well thought out to be filler, but it was and it did a good job of almost making me forget that it was. Ichigos' life seemed very depressing before episode 1, like I almost wanted to cry at how sad some of the things that he went through must've been.

But after saying that, I can't wait for it to get back on track. I love Aizen too much not to want it to go further.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
(spoiler[ lots of references to Hollow Ichigo and Aizen]).

They aren't just references, they're the primary focus of the next arc. You're going to love the Vizards. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hisdon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I thought the Bount arc was pretty good. It carries a lot of the same atmosphere that the franchise establishes earlier. While it's certainly no Soul Society arc, I also wasn't bored in the least bit. I found the villains enjoyable and thought some of the fights and plot twists were well executed (spoiler[ didn't expect to see Hollow Ichigo make some brief appearances]). It's probably my favorite filler of any shounen anime, thus far.

But from what a friend of mine has tried to spoil for me in bits and pieces just for the sake of aggitating me, I'm also eager to see the central story stuff get animated (spoiler[ lots of references to Hollow Ichigo and Aizen]).

ooooh, you're gonna enjoy vizards and arrancors D:
The Seventh Son

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:15 pm Reply with quote
it may be a side thing that many people haven't really brought up but.....

when are we gonna see Urahara's bankai in the manga?
kolibri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

(Not sure how to spoiler tag this - I'll only tag the events of the last two episodes so if you haven't seen them you're still good.)

Agreed, it was most of the time pretty good. In fact, I really enjoyed it until the last two episodes (108-109) that seemed to throw all logic out of the window... so I'll just pretend they didn't happen.

Most of the time I was annoyed by the power balance shift that bounts and the mod souls presented... But then I especially enjoyed the battle between Kempachi and Ichinose - we know Kempachi is supposed to be the meanest dude in Gotei 13 (hence the name Kempachi) and the way he dealt with Ichinose like he was just a wet blanket made me dance with joy. spoiler[And then they bring Ichinose back without any explanation on how he survived being sliced in half, only to disappear again without proper send-off or word on if he died properly this time. Doh. And same goes with Koga - his doll seemed to die, and so did he, yet he was alive... again without any explanation.]

I'm not that bothered about the mod souls left hanging - they were Urahara's experiments to track the bount so he could easily just decommission them. 'Cause he's that kind of a guy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 42