• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Pocket Monster Anime Reveals Dual Protagonists, November 17 Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super_M

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:28 am Reply with quote
What a cute boy, he will probably be very popular in r18 doujin.
LokiReed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:44 am Reply with quote
Welp, so much for a Pokemon Origins style reboot. Honestly, i'm not even sure what's different here, is it just the fact that we have two protagonists instead of one?
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:58 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Since Satoshi already got all the badges from every region save for Galar, what will this series BE? Filler?

90% of any given Pokemon season is about stuff besides winning badges anyway, so I don't see what would make a series mostly about globetrotting any more filler-y than the rest of the show. And for my money the most entertaining episodes are the ones that have little-to-nothing to do with any Pokemon League.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of which, i think this new Pokemon anime is going to be focused on Ash and Go going on international tour and travel for treasures to find on which is the best way to become the Pokemon Master.

In case of an English dub, i am not sure who will voice Gou. They are still specializing in English dub of NY pool voice actors. I also predict that Rodger Parsons could retire after completing his narration in Sun and Moon anime and being replaced by Jake Paque as the new English narrator.

Ash is still being voiced by Sarah Natochenny and she didn't moved to LA at all, and @CastMember1991 don't write about you want to be Pokemon dubbed in LA, it won't be dubbed in LA until TPCi decided to and she didn't moved there. The way you wrote and made @loveliver concern is that you write about your own theory. She voices Lampo in the English dub of an Italian animated show called 44 Cats and the voice casts compromises of all NY pool voice actors.

I consider Neo Cihi to be the voice of Go, because he has a potential, he regularly voiced Hau in Sun and Moon and i consider him to be most successor there.

Also, Go's English name should be known as Rob, that's my English dubbing name choice.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:52 pm Reply with quote
The most important question is if Ash is going back to past regions, will Ash finally remember his Pidgeot?
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I am afraid Satoshi will never reunite with Buterfree again, something I wanted for years to happen, even though I stopped following series around when Haruka, and Masato followed him.

Btw, for everyone who thinks Satoshi, and Pikachu are going anywhere, they seriously underestimate how much Japan appreciates their tradition.

At this point they are as iconic as Doraemon, Gundam, or Goku.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
From the upcoming Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games. Daiki Yamashita will voice the character Gō. Gō is 10 years old, and his dream is to capture all Pokémon.

*die laughing* Unlike the next game so Laughing
Hikifroggy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Wait so the new protagonist is a boy?
But he looks likes a girl!...........Nani?
RegisterJustForComment

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I think what they want with this reboot is to remake pokemon series from the start but with a more realistic actual flow of time. Not like the 'never aging' past old version.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Hikifroggy wrote:
Wait so the new protagonist is a boy?
But he looks likes a girl!...........Nani?

You and I both know that smut of Go(u)-chan already exists... Laughing
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:

At this point they are as iconic as Doraemon, Gundam, or Goku.

Doraemon is a character
Goku is a character
Gundam's are things that while they keep the basic look particularly with the color schemes they otherwise change a number of things with the Gundams......which is how you get Turn A Gundam's main Gundam looking so weird in contrast to the others.

Super_M wrote:
What a cute boy, he will probably be very popular in r18 doujin.

Given how people constantly keep mistaking Gou for a girl expect to see a lot of Rule 63 art
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I don't get how people can think Gou was a girl. They wouldn't make the next PokeGirl wear baggy, full body covering clothing with nary a hint of skin showing. That's not marketable at all to otaku. Laughing Pokemon, and anime in general, love gender conforming (aka marketable) designs. Even the characters they bill as "tomboys" like Haruka wear skin-tight clothing like spats and show some skin and have traditionally girly attributes like long hair and bows.
precita

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:27 pm Reply with quote
DavetheUsher wrote:
Pokemon, and anime in general, love gender conforming (aka marketable) designs. Even the characters they bill as "tomboys" like Haruka wear skin-tight clothing like spats and show some skin and have traditionally girly attributes like long hair and bows.

May wasn't that much a tomboy, the emphasis was on her tight clothing and breasts which is why people were surprised she was 10 in canon. Either way the anime uses the girls for fanservice like any anime does, so it's not surprising. It's why May has been so popular for years besides being one of the most developed characters of the series.
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:27 am Reply with quote
DavetheUsher wrote:
I don't get how people can think Gou was a girl. They wouldn't make the next PokeGirl wear baggy, full body covering clothing with nary a hint of skin showing. That's not marketable at all to otaku. Laughing Pokemon, and anime in general, love gender conforming (aka marketable) designs. Even the characters they bill as "tomboys" like Haruka wear skin-tight clothing like spats and show some skin and have traditionally girly attributes like long hair and bows.

I mean Pokemon Adventures already had Yellow, whose design was very androgynous and even disguises herself as a boy, so it wouldn't be a first for Pokemon.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:56 pm Reply with quote
ninjamitsuki wrote:
I mean Pokemon Adventures already had Yellow, whose design was very androgynous and even disguises herself as a boy, so it wouldn't be a first for Pokemon.

Yeah but Yellow wasn't designed by Ken Suigimori though, who designs the game and anime characters. She's from a random side manga and not really a character they market or acknowledge. Leaf is the official Gen I girl.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2