• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Quintessential Quintuplets Anime's 2nd Season Premieres in October with New Director, Stud

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HueyLion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to see how best girl spoiler[Yotsuba] takes over the lead here Wink.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I actually like the new artstyle.

I know the studio is kind of dubious, but I'm hoping the new designs and style translate well to the animation.
-SP-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:34 am Reply with quote
Can't wait, finished rewatching the Anime last month, and i'm going to have to rewatch it again before Season 2 airs. But it's such a shame that it's airing so far away, better then it being rushed I guess
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:41 am Reply with quote
After looking at the PV from the new studio with the new designs...
So season 2 is going to be set during their middle school years now? The series went from distinct to, I'll just come out and say it, petite.

There's just so many things wrong with this late continuation; I have no interest in following through with it if they keep the same ending as the manga.... She didn't even make my top five characters of the series!... so why would anyone even bother animating now that the ending's been hinted at and it's not good?

In the end, I can only say what so many other series have made me say previously, from "I don't have many friends" to "My little sister can't be this cute."

Her?
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:38 am Reply with quote
So... will they actually fit the over 75% of manga content remaining into this season or will this be another series that ends with the anime not telling the complete story? It would be sad if that was the case, considering that the story is all written and there to be told. But, seriously... there are literally 90 chapters that haven't been done and they only covered 32 in the first 12 episodes... At that pace it would take another 34 episodes... since that's not an even number for anime seasons, let's call it 36: that makes three more cours! I don't see this story getting re-upped that many times after the manga is already done and no longer being promoted.
-SP-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
After looking at the PV from the new studio with the new designs...
So season 2 is going to be set during their middle school years now? The series went from distinct to, I'll just come out and say it, petite.

There's just so many things wrong with this late continuation; I have no interest in following through with it if they keep the same ending as the manga.... She didn't even make my top five characters of the series!... so why would anyone even bother animating now that the ending's been hinted at and it's not good?

In the end, I can only say what so many other series have made me say previously, from "I don't have many friends" to "My little sister can't be this cute."

Her?

I don’t know why you’re complaining about the characters, when best girl literally won Laughing

Last edited by -SP- on Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:08 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
But, seriously... there are literally 90 chapters that haven't been done and they only covered 32 in the first 12 episodes... At that pace it would take another 34 episodes... since that's not an even number for anime seasons, let's call it 36: that makes three more cours! I don't see this story getting re-upped that many times after the manga is already done and no longer being promoted.
They could do a third season as a two cour and do a few extra episodes as OADs if it's needed.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Okay I am a bit hesitant about this new change. But the PV really demonstrates how the designs for the characters kinda fits as it looks just straight out of the manga. So well done.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2