• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEW Studio Tour! Inside Sunrise

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Californian here, and it's like this for me:
I can see the floating play button over the screen, I click that, and it pauses for a minute, looks like it's about to load, and I think I might have the first image/second played, but then it refuses to load on the bottom of the player, and I'm stuck.
Dangerr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Of_Irrelevance wrote:
This is really starting to get irritating.

You think you're irritated, I worked on this for MONTHS!

Can someone please tell me, in detail, what is happening exactly? Because I can't reproduce the problem at all.

Thank you for the video tour Justin; I enjoyed it greatly.
Chinatsu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:17 pm Reply with quote
>: Sadly I'm going to have to agree I've tried to load this for a week and nothing the closes I got was a commercial. (I'm from washington, seattle)

I tried with the studio Pierott video and it works fine it seems to be only this one. All I get is a loading, evreything is up to date and I'm using chrome. Uh...I'm not sure if it would help but chrome can show the source for me if you like I can send it your way.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Since there seems to be an issue, I tried it.

I can't get the 720p to work, but the 480p one worked fine, or at least it came on since I didn't watch too much. I'm using Opera 11.5 and I don't know about any of my other specifics. I also live in the sticks of VA, so my internet is crap (Hughesnet).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:05 pm Reply with quote
It just won't load when you try to play it under every setting (720, 480, or 360). I'm not running an ad-blocker, I've had Javascript running (even got an update) and I have the latest flash player installed. I'm running a pretty powerful PC on a great internet connection, so it has to be the website (sorry).[/quote]

Are you able to play other videos on ANN ?

Do you have a different web browser on the same computer you could try on?

Do you have a different computer you could try on?
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:54 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Quote:
It just won't load when you try to play it under every setting (720, 480, or 360). I'm not running an ad-blocker, I've had Javascript running (even got an update) and I have the latest flash player installed. I'm running a pretty powerful PC on a great internet connection, so it has to be the website (sorry).

Are you able to play other videos on ANN ?

Do you have a different web browser on the same computer you could try on?

Do you have a different computer you could try on?

I'm getting the same issue (I assume) for this video, and I can tell you that it also affected other ANN videos. I first noticed it when I was trying to watch Kannagi.

I tried Firefox, Internet Exployer, and Chrome. None of them worked.

EDIT: I should clarify: none of them worked most of the time. Every now and then, the Kannagi videos would work. I'd be able to watch maybe 2 or 3 of them, and then they'd stop loading again, and I'd try a few hours later, and they'd still not work, but then the next day I'd be able to watch 1 episode, and then after that they'd stop working, until later in the evening I'd be able to watch 1 more... etc, etc.

Also, the 360 and 480 versions of this particular video are now working for me, though who knows for how long. I actually tried uninstalling java recently in case it was somehow causing a conflict, but I guess not, because the 720 version is still not loading.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Of_Irrelevance wrote:
jsevakis wrote:
Of_Irrelevance wrote:
This is really starting to get irritating.

You think you're irritated, I worked on this for MONTHS!

Can someone please tell me, in detail, what is happening exactly? Because I can't reproduce the problem at all.

It just won't load when you try to play it under every setting (720, 480, or 360). I'm not running an ad-blocker, I've had Javascript running (even got an update) and I have the latest flash player installed. I'm running a pretty powerful PC on a great internet connection, so it has to be the website (sorry). I didn't mean to come off rude earlier, I just really want to see what is said about Gundam UC.

Has this site ever talked about making a Youtube channel for those that aren't fortunate enough to stream the videos directly from the site?

same here really no ad block just firefox 4, same specs really.
if I click on the white dot, then it will load an ad (versus doing nothing like it was earlier) and then it goes back to staying at the loading screen. then I asked for the 480 p version and it finally worked. sunrise is one of my favorite studios so thank you very much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2