• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aya Hirano Returns to Voice-Acting on New Works Again

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jackstick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:19 am Reply with quote
God, I hope this means more Haruhi!
Goggen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:31 am Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Scr1be wrote:

Then WHY did you click the link? When I dislike something or am tired of hearing about something, I DON'T click the link

Because Aya Hirano threads are the gift that keep on giving, my kind sir and/or madam! Very Happy They're more enthralling than even some of my favorite series xD

And if there isn't drama in the thread, you intend to provide it, amirite? Rolling Eyes

BTW, doesn't this contradict your "frak not given"? Is this of interest to you or is it not? You can't have it both ways.
aereus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:03 am Reply with quote
It's just the way that show-business is in Japan. Most talent is heavily controlled by management and their handler. "Purity" (publicly) is highly demanded by the agency, because the core demographic demands it.

This is why it's taboo for idols to have a boyfriend, etc. Fans want to be able to self-insert, see the idol as more pure and above regular "3D pig disgusting" women.

An extension of this is why anime is plagued with open-ended harem conclusions to series or love triangles that never get resolved. Picking any one girl would be alienating fans of the other girls. And a lot of otaku in Japan are unhealthily invested in their favorite characters.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:59 am Reply with quote
Goggen wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:
Scr1be wrote:

Then WHY did you click the link? When I dislike something or am tired of hearing about something, I DON'T click the link

Because Aya Hirano threads are the gift that keep on giving, my kind sir and/or madam! Very Happy They're more enthralling than even some of my favorite series xD

And if there isn't drama in the thread, you intend to provide it, amirite? Rolling Eyes

BTW, doesn't this contradict your "frak not given"? Is this of interest to you or is it not? You can't have it both ways.
Goshdarn, my cover is blown! I do like being fairly vocal about my opinions regarding Miss Hirano. However, causing drama isn't exactly my intention. ^^
scineram

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:52 am Reply with quote
Please, tell me it is Kizumonogatari, Aya! I want to hear you actually voice Shinobu.

And new Haruhi too. Make it happen, Aya!
Apollo-kun wrote:
Goggen wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:
Scr1be wrote:

Goshdarn, my cover is blown! I do like being fairly vocal about my opinions regarding Miss Hirano. However, causing drama isn't exactly my intention. ^^
So you are just trolling.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote
scineram wrote:
Please, tell me it is Kizumonogatari, Aya! I want to hear you actually voice Shinobu.

And new Haruhi too. Make it happen, Aya!
Apollo-kun wrote:
Goggen wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:
Scr1be wrote:

So you are just trolling.
Mm-mm. Trolls say random things for humourous effect, or to offend people. I state my opinion not caring what it does. But I do enjoy expression. *sigh* "Trolling": the most easy word to use in an argument since some idiot on that god-forsaken image-board cesspool misconstrued it's meaning. Rolling Eyes
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Mm-mm. Trolls say random things for humourous effect, or to offend people. I state my opinion not caring what it does. But I do enjoy expression. *sigh* "Trolling": the most easy word to use in an argument since some idiot on that god-forsaken image-board cesspool misconstrued it's meaning. Rolling Eyes

Actually, posting something just to get a response when you have no personal interest in the actual topic is generally classed as "trolling", and whether intentional or not you have succeeded here, although the most successful troll is one that does not require any further involvement by the troller but continues on it's own stream.
See also:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/troll.html
http://digital.net/~gandalf/trollfaq.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
she didn't do anything wrong or did anything to hurt other people.
She just didn't want to follow the society's rule.
I imagine that after she laid every other person in her band, the bassist may have been offended he didn't get any.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2